How shitty are the internet options in the Blanco/Wimberly area?

Really want to sell the house in Austin and buy 5-10 acres for a new build. Problem is the wife mostly works from home and has Zoom meetings all day. So I'm really concerned the typical rural microwave service will go to shit during any peak time. 

Saw some options for guaranteed up/down speeds and it was insane. Like $750 a month for 5Mbps. 

Getting Google Fiber at the house this year really didn't help my cause. Basically, we can't move without finding some sort of solution to the internet problem. I suppose that might be building a tower and paying $1k a month or something like that. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

• totallynotabuttpirate changed the title to How shitty are the internet options in the Blanco/Wimberly area?

Somewhat related---there has to be the technology to add broadband/wi-fi cubes onto existing telephone pole infrastructure and route high-speed internet access to rural areas that way instead of waiting for these big-digs and/or giant towers.  

Really want to sell the house in Austin and buy 5-10 acres for a new build. Problem is the wife mostly works from home and has Zoom meetings all day. So I'm really concerned the typical rural microwave service will go to shit during any peak time. 
Saw some options for guaranteed up/down speeds and it was insane. Like $750 a month for 5Mbps. 
Getting Google Fiber at the house this year really didn't help my cause. Basically, we can't move without finding some sort of solution to the internet problem. I suppose that might be building a tower and paying $1k a month or something like that. 
Starlink is rolling out fast. Not sure if fast enough for you.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I have switched to T-Mobile home internet and routinely get anywhere from 80-400. Usually hovers around 100 and it works great for zoom calls that I’ve had.

T-Mobile is probably not the answer for you, but VZW/ATT 5G might possibly.

Other than that….get on the list now (regardless) for starlink.

• Hook 'Em 1

LoS (Line of Sight) might be your best option vs. current satellite tech or until StarLink goes live for everyone.

The best thing you can do for LoS is get a house high enough on a hill & make sure the Oaks don't get taller than the chimney (that's what happened to us & I don't want to constantly try & top off a quality tree).  The receiving end for LoS will go on the tallest "whatever" on your house; typically connected to a chimney & the mast goes up around 5 ft. over that height.

& Of course "up on a hill" is considered "with a view", so that's gonna be a premium as well.