[Game Thread] Texas vs. Tceh Gamethread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Just now, dcar00 said:

I think you are taking this way to personal for some reason. he's a redshirt freshman by the way. big difference.  I believe 99% of the folks put it on Sark.

This. As far as placing the blame on Sark goes, it is easy to understand why he initially went with Card. Sark prefers pro style QBs. In a vacuum, Card has a more capable arm and a very crisp release.

For now, Casey is a better leader and a more mature playmaker. The team plays with more confidence when Casey is in the game. I do hope Card stays and learns the decision making and leadership aspect of the position from Casey. He’ll be a good starter eventually.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think you are taking this way to personal for some reason. he's a redshirt freshman by the way. big difference.  I believe 99% of the folks put it on Sark.

Given his experience level, I’m ok calling him a freshman. Sark is where the blame should be placed, like Mack throwing Gilbert into the national championship game. I don’t take this shit personal, but can’t understand people shitting on potential future stars before they’ve been given a chance to succeed. I won’t apologize for calling out the 1%’s bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Given his experience level, I’m ok calling him a freshman. Sark is where the blame should be placed, like Mack throwing Gilbert into the national championship game. I don’t take this shit personal, but can’t understand people shitting on potential future stars before they’ve been given a chance to succeed. I won’t apologize for calling out the 1%’s bullshit.

You see all dem passes Casey was floating?  

Playing Arkansas after 1.5 years in the program is different than being thrown into the middle of an MNC game.  Card didn't get it done, yes, shame on Sark, I see the allure of Card, but he made the wrong decision.  But like it or not, Casey is the guy.  Deal with it.

4 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

again.  he's not a freshman and you are still taking this way too personal.  no one cares about Card right now.  he's the backup QB.  he'll get his chance if he doesn't decide to quit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You see all dem passes Casey was floating?  

Playing Arkansas after 1.5 years in the program is different than being thrown into the middle of an MNC game.  Card didn't get it done, yes, shame on Sark, I see the allure of Card, but he made the wrong decision.  But like it or not, Casey is the guy.  Deal with it.

What the fuck are you talking about. I’m not arguing for Card starting. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

again.  he's not a freshman and you are still taking this way too personal.  no one cares about Card right now.  he's the backup QB.  he'll get his chance if he doesn't decide to quit.

I care about the future of Longhorn football, not your shitty opinion. Saying no one cares about Card just shows how fucking stupid you are. I can assure you the coaching staff does and any fan that knows how this shit works should too.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
He’s one hit away from being our starter.

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I care about the future of Longhorn football, not your shitty opinion. Saying no one cares about Card just shows how fucking stupid you are. I can assure you the coaching staff does and any fan that knows how this shit works should too.

you are fuccing idiot and know zero about football. Hudson Card is not going to make or break the future of Longhorn Football, I can guarantee you that.  I'm sorry your boy got benched.  It wasn't his fault.

Just don't understand how "fans" can be such fucking asshats to a freshman QB who was put in a high pressure situation at Arkansas, didn't make any egregious mistakes, but didn't perform well, and are not going to nitpick everything that happens on the field when he's out there. Fuck off with this shit. He's a talented dude who I hope stays here and learns like Casey did so he can be the guy some day. That way we're not playing another talented freshman at some point and complaining about how he sucks.

Look, unbind your rope thong and try to understand that none of this is an indictment about Card. I'm not there yelling Card sucks and I'm hoping nobody else is either.  Pretty sure everybody hopes he stays--he's the future, but that's up to his mentality and family.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

you are fuccing idiot and know zero about football. Hudson Card is not going to make or break the future of Longhorn Football, I can guarantee you that.  I'm sorry your boy got benched.  It wasn't his fault.

He’s not my boy. I want the best player on the field which is what we have. You are an idiot because you have no idea what the future holds.

Just now, bigcigar said:

Can we stop apologizing for the defense? If it’s all gas no breaks, that accountability should apply everywhere. Shore it up so there’s less to bitch about PK

this.  it was a pretty shitty performance in the 2nd half.  PK will use it to keep grinding on these guys. which is good.

This is so stupid. No one hates Card. He was overwhelmed in his first road game and his coaches didn’t prepare the team.  End of story. 

We are currently better with the more experienced Casey. That’s nothing against Card 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

He’s not my boy. I want the best player on the field which is what we have. You are an idiot because you have no idea what the future holds.

you are the idiot for worrying about the backup QB.  I know he isn't going to make or break the "future of Longhorn Football".  I hope he stays.  if he doesn't we'll bye.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

This is so stupid. No one hates Card. He was overwhelmed in his first road game and his coaches didn’t prepare the team.  End of story. 

We are currently better with the more experienced Casey. That’s nothing against Card 

Yea anyone claiming Card hatred is fucking stupid. Didn't perform well and next man up. Casey should have been the guy from the start though

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Yea anyone claiming Card hatred is fucking stupid. Didn't perform well and next man up. Casey should have been the guy from the start though

Absolutely. No one hates card. If anything they hate the perceived/forced QB competition based on practices. Thompson, with experience should have been the starter.

Just don't understand how "fans" can be such fucking asshats to a freshman QB who was put in a high pressure situation at Arkansas, didn't make any egregious mistakes, but didn't perform well, and are not going to nitpick everything that happens on the field when he's out there. Fuck off with this shit. He's a talented dude who I hope stays here and learns like Casey did so he can be the guy some day. That way we're not playing another talented freshman at some point and complaining about how he sucks.

Who the fuck is “shitting” on Card? All I’ve seen is people “shitting” on Sark fro not going with Thompson to start with, and being more prepared for Arky.
  • Hook 'Em 4

43 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I agree with you. Card's only real problem is that he hasn't adjusted to the speed of the game yet. And I say "yet," because he's got a lot of time to get better at it, including this year by backing up Thompson.

He might not adjust to it. We've certainly seen that before. But I think folks are overly harsh because that Arky game hurt.

It will hurt a little less if Arky keeps beating the shit out of aggy, though...

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

Absolutely. No one hates card. If anything they hate the perceived/forced QB competition based on practices. Thompson, with experience should have been the starter.

No, this is stupid. You don't hand starting positions to guys because they've been in the program longer. That's late era Mack Brown program rotting stupidity. 

Thompson is clearly more ready than Card right now but your reasoning is terrible.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, this is stupid. You don't hand starting positions to guys because they've been in the program longer. That's late era Mack Brown program rotting stupidity. 

Thompson is clearly more ready than Card right now but your reasoning is terrible.

YES. Please, let's not forget Greg Davis' bullshittery with this.

• Hook 'Em 1

He threw a good one today but of course Washington stumbled. He still held on to the ball too long on that one. That's his biggest issue on long passes. He is either hesitant or overrates his own arm. 

But with the weapons on our offense he doesn't need to be a deep ball master for us to win. 

Edited by Huckleberry

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

To be fair, a lot of our fans shit on Casey based on practice reports from our local media. I don't remember seeing too many fans standing up for Casey. Why do you think that is?