Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous

Hozz

Game came out about 3 weeks ago now.  If you ever played BG2 or Pillars of Eternity 1/2, this feels like that.  A little overwhelming to start even for CRPG vets, in that there are literally like 130 classes, and multi classing on top of that.  If you liked the first Pathfinder Kingmaker you'll love this one, IMO its better than the first and definitely more polished at release.  That said it has another meta game slapped on top of it...a lot of people didn't like the Kingdom management in the first game and this game has a similar mechanic for leading a Crusade, thankfully you can turn it off and never have to worry about it if you don't like it.  Also this one has TB and RTWP out of the gate whereas Kingmaker needed a year+ to get a TB mode.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Hellraiser97 said:

It's on the list, of course, I have such a backlog, POE 1 & 2 are too!

I thought POE was pretty good.  Setting took some getting used to but it was definitely BG3 in spirit.  POE 2 even better, for me, I love the nautical/archipelago setting and the whole pirate vibe.

It's on my wishlist, but I have to admit, I never finished Kingmaker. It wasn't bad, but it just couldn't hold my interest, and I play all the crpgs. I need to give it another go. Maybe when the usual Q2-Q3 lull happens next year. That's usually when I go back through my lists.

I actually did not finish Kingmaker either.  I got it at release and the initial timed main quest put me off, I actually lost the game because of it.  I picked it up again early this year (and was very pleasantly surprised that they had added a turn based mode) and got a little further into it but still didn't finish.  Not sure how to explain why Wrath is better, but it definitely has me hooked more than Kingmaker ever did...could be a timing thing but I doubt it because football season is usually when I play the least amount of video games and this has me playing like it's a full time job.