Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

Worthy was just live on Instagram with a couple other guys. They talked a little ball and he had a couple notable lines.

Someone asked him what he thought about Michigan tearing it up.

"They're not throwing the ball enough for me. I got more yards than all of their top 3 receivers."

Someone asked him how he does in practice against Texas DBs.

"What I do to they ass I look like I'm Jeudy."

Kid's a baller. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

01.17.2022 |  Worthy named FWAA Freshman All-American

worthy_xavier_ou_a21125.JPG?width=768&he

The Football Writers Association of America honored the Longhorns’ true freshman wide receiver on Monday.

AUSTIN, Texas – Texas Football true freshman wide receiver Xavier Worthy was named a Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), the organization announced on Monday. In addition to Monday's recognition by the FWAA, Worthy was named a freshman All-American by The Athletic and chosen to ESPN's true freshman All-America team in 2021. A first-team All-Big 12 selection by both the league's coaches and the Associated Press, he also earned Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year honors and was named the AP Big 12 Newcomer of the Year.

Worthy, a native of Fresno, Calif., had a record-breaking season for the Longhorns, establishing program single-season freshman records for receptions (62), receiving yards (981) and receiving touchdowns (12). He led all FBS freshmen wide receivers and the Big 12 in receiving yards, receiving yards per game (81.8) and receiving touchdowns and also topped Power 5 freshmen and ranked fifth overall among FBS freshmen in receptions and receptions per game (5.2).

In addition to his single-season marks, Worthy holds Texas freshman single-game records for receptions (14 vs. Kansas), receiving yards (261 vs. Oklahoma) and receiving touchdowns (3 vs. Texas Tech and Kansas). He had three multi-touchdown receiving games, a new freshman record, and had a stretch of four consecutive games with a touchdown reception, tied for the fifth-longest streak by any Longhorn. Additionally, his 12 total touchdowns equaled the third-most by a freshman in program history and his 72 points scored are tied for seventh all-time among Longhorn freshmen.

Worthy had four 100-yard receiving games this season, the only freshman in UT history with more than two and a mark that is tied for sixth-most among all Longhorns in a season in program history. Worthy caught a pass in each game this season, hauling in at least six receptions in five games, and averaged 31.2 yards per touchdown catch (374 yards on 12 touchdowns).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Just read a free article on 247 where they say a power 5 team offered him a good deal. Barron was approached too

NIL free agency in CFB? I don't think that makes the sport better or more interesting.

Just read a free article on 247 where they say a power 5 team offered him a good deal. Barron was approached too

Now that shit should NOT be allowed. Unless a player enters portal, you cannot approach him with shit like that.

I’ll say it, if he wants to win anything of consequence he’s not super smart to stay. If he only cares about making the league he’s smart to stay. He’ll put up bigtime stats the next two years here. 

I also assume this wasn’t altruistic and that he’s making more money here than he was offered elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

No leads on which team it was, but given how much money A&M allegedly threw around to get the #1 recruiting class this year, my money would be on them.

Edited by perfectchaos007

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Saw a tweet somewhere yesterday that as many as 12 schools tried to poach Worthy. 

I don’t blame them, the idea of tampering doesn’t exist until it gets enforced for the first time (LOL)

Edited by Nope

• immamac changed the title to Big Drop(s) Zay
  • immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound