Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

any links to video of Worthy doing the receiving drills?  40 is huge, but what about video of him catching the ball?

Maybe a few on that random website called traitor or twitter or something like that? Hope that helps.

His NFL Combine interview is worthy of the time you spend watching it.

You can’t hear the questions so you have to read between the lines.

His HS sophomore track times is the last time he ran track. Covid took his JR year and he graduated early his SR year. He thinks he could run a 10.2, maybe a 10.1. He came to the Combine to get the record.

Thinks he has a very high football IQ, maybe higher than anybody at the combine. I don’t dIsagree with him. Knowledgeable of most NFL offenses and players, said repeatedly that whatever team he was asked about runs the same run first offense as Texas. Great endorsement for Sark & Texas.

He knows who all the fast football players are.

He is not just a speed guy. Thinks his start, and stop & go quickness is his strongest attribute. (Different video, but his HS Coach said the same thing.)

Thinks he has good hands, he just needs to have more focus. Prefers running the short and intermediate routes.

He committed to Harbaugh and his pro style offense. When Michigan screwed up his paperwork, he committed to Sark without ever seeing Texas.

From a Pat McAfee video, Pat said the Ewers moon shot at Alabama came down like a bottle rocket falling from the sky.  I only mention that because X tracked that ball very well, and at other times that has not been his strong suit.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 3/4/2024 at 1:49 PM, LTtxfan said:

Today... awesome recap of how it went down

Rich Eisen: Xavier Worthy’s Record-Setting 4.21 40-Yard Dash Is Greatest NFL Combine Moment Ever

Eisen followed up by having Xavier live on his show, I think yesterday.  Awesome  🤘 

• Hook 'Em 4

Stay with me for this comparison, but he reminds me of Jamaal Charles. He has tremendous speed, like Charles, who also showed flashes of greatness while in college. Both guys left the forty acres leaving us wanting more and believing they didn’t quite demonstrate their full potential. But both had the mindset and confidence and work ethic to be great in the NFL. 

On 3/5/2024 at 10:09 PM, PTINS said:

From a Pat McAfee video, Pat said the Ewers moon shot at Alabama came down like a bottle rocket falling from the sky.  I only mention that because X tracked that ball very well, and at other times that has not been his strong suit.

I was up in the nosebleeds in that corner of the EZ and vividly remember the whole sequence of being shocked at the trajectory then the euphoria after hitting that first deep shot in seemingly forever. Can’t imagine seeing it from McAfee’s view. Shit was just poetic after the endless discussion of Quinn and X’s inability to connect on those plays.

41 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Stay with me for this comparison, but he reminds me of Jamaal Charles. He has tremendous speed, like Charles, who also showed flashes of greatness while in college. Both guys left the forty acres leaving us wanting more and believing they didn’t quite demonstrate their full potential. But both had the mindset and confidence and work ethic to be great in the NFL. 

Tom Cruise What GIF

Jamaal went for 1800 from scrimmage and 18 TDs his Jr. season in 13 games.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, Jamaal was a badass his junior year and a huge reason we managed win 10 games. But the team as a whole in 2007 was disappointing in some respects, and we had no real start at RB in 2008, so I get the “what if” of his sentiment.

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, Jamaal was a badass his junior year and a huge reason we managed win 10 games. But the team as a whole in 2007 was disappointing in some respects, and we had no real start at RB in 2008, so I get the “what if” of his sentiment.

So you think that JC only showed "flashes" and never demonstrated his full potential despite going for close to 2k on 6.3 ypc in '07?

That dude single-handedly won us multiple games. Sure he could have returned for '08 but that would have been dumb. He had a wildly successful NFL career.

• Hook 'Em 1

So you think that JC only showed "flashes" and never demonstrated his full potential despite going for close to 2k on 6.3 ypc in '07?
That dude single-handedly won us multiple games. Sure he could have returned for '08 but that would have been dumb. He had a wildly successful NFL career.

Would you like to buy a pair of cleats he wore during the Neb game?

Freshman and Sophomore Jamaal showed flashes. Junior Jamaal was a beast.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Tom Cruise What GIF

Jamaal went for 1800 from scrimmage and 18 TDs his Jr. season in 13 games.

6 hours ago, South Austin said:

Actually I was just thinking about what an incredible pro career he had and flat forgot how good his junior year was. 

edit: just to add to that, he was a third round draft pick. I think most were surprised by the difference between college and pros. He had a very very good college career but surprised as a pro. I think Worthy does the same. 

Edited by Dbeasy

8 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

this is random and shallow but how are his teeth so perfect and blindingly white -- he's got a million-watt smile.

Probably ceramic overlays aka veneers.  Personally, I think it's a bit much, but a lot of entertainers (think Dolly Parton) have them.