Are we seeing the beginning of the decline of Clemson?

Lou_Sassle

19 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

They landed a huge bust at QB and they are rebuilding at offensive line. They’ll be back in a year or two.

13 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Not until their talent falls off. Still getting their haul of 5 and 4 stars

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

They are having their Garrett Gilbert mode. You just get used to simms, vy, colt, Watson, Lawrence…. It sucks when the next guy is a bust. 

Ow this hurts, a lot. 

Averaging a 12-2 record over the last decade with 7 conference championships, 6 CFP appearances, 4 title game appearances, and 2 national championships.  

They could go 2-10 this year and I'd still consider that a dynasty.  

The most overrated blueblood in the last ten years in college football, hands down, is Texas.  I'd trade places with Clemson in a heartbeat. 

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Averaging a 12-2 record over the last decade with 7 conference championships, 6 CFP appearances, 4 title game appearances, and 2 national championships.  

They could go 2-10 this year and I'd still consider that a dynasty.  

The most overrated blueblood in the last ten years in college football, hands down, is Texas.  I'd trade places with Clemson in a heartbeat. 

Don’t know about going 2-10, but they are about to lose to their version of Tech in about a minute and a half. And that’s some quality humor.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I really hope my sarcasm meter is broken because every word of this sentence is fucking brutal on a Texas board.

Is it though? They’ve had stability within their coaching ranks for the past decade. They’ve appeared on every CFP except for one. They’ve won 2 CFPs and have had their conference locked down for 6 straight seasons. Their recruiting pipeline reflects that, aside from a few deficiencies and a big bust at QB.

Meanwhile we’ve endured the worst football decade in school history while fucking around with late era Mack, Strong, and Herman. 

NC state head coach going to the TOm Herman school of turtleing. 

that was a bad decision there.   you are getting tired, your kicker cant hit the broad side of a barn, and you have the chance to win the game.   call the same damn play as the TD you just scored on and win this in a walkoff.

now.... now you gotta hold on.... not smart. 

that was a bad decision there.   you are getting tired, your kicker cant hit the broad side of a barn, and you have the chance to win the game.   call the same damn play as the TD you just scored on and win this in a walkoff.
No shit. You're NC State for fucks sake.

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Not really...Clemson D is the one that has beeon the field all day and the flipping of the possesions means you have them back to back on the field.