Some of y'all owe this team an apology!!!

Thatguy

I feel good about the team and Sark based on how we’ve bounced back, but Arkansas still kicked our teeth in and embarrassed us pretty badly on national tv. Even if they end up running the table, that loss still sucked and we should be pissed about it.

100%. Gonna lose a few more games, because that is what happens with a new coach. He’s new because the last one sucked. But this board will lose their shit because that is what we do. It’s shocking here when tom Herman or sark or strong comes in here and doesn’t win 11 games in year one.

However, sark seems to be on the right track. No dumbass coin flip issues (Jesus that was embarrassing) or mocking a college kid with a backpack.

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Wait and see we said. Let it play out we said. Maybe Pig is pretty good we said. No! You guys and your sandy vagina'ed, kneejerk reactions. Arkansas did to them exactly what they did to us. It might have been even worse because had KJ not gone down they win going away. Now that you know Pig is better than you thought, and that we aren't as bad as everyone feared, how does everyone feel going forward?

I feel like you're a LeBron loving douche

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i remain bitchassed

show me 10 wins and i will swim in jonestown koolaid

maybe i should go to the 0u game as that will prove if we are for real

i am 0-7 lifetime in person against 0u

if sark can win with me in the house, anything is possible

no apologies at all

How about you keep your ass at home?

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

The is the same sumbitch that was swearing up and down that we couldn’t run outside, that our inability to run inside was an attitude thing and that we’d just have to accept the coaches running dumb shit because that’s how you build a team.  

He hasn’t showed up to eat crow there. 

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

In his defense, he doesn’t know shit about football so what do you expect him to do? 

Both you guys are a beating. You guys go read the last offerings by your favorite $9.95ers and then come back here and regurgitate it on the board. You tell me I don't know about football when its pretty clear you don't understand how constraint plays work. I never said we can't run outside. I said its not a good idea to base your run game off of it. I said OZ doesn't offer a lot of options in the RPO or play action dept, and too often your QB is exposed on the backside while your line is trying to carry out the fake. You saw that play out when Casey got hit and the ball got intercepted while we tried to run counter action. OZ offers the same straight alleyways to your QB. A lot of really smart offensive minds use IZ as a base for a reason. But you two guys, sitting at home on your couches, are better at drawing up plays than guys who've been doing it at the highest level for decades. Got it.

I

2 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I believe this team is good enough to win the rest of the games on the schedule. The Thompson kid is making everyone look better. He has poise, and the bright lights don’t seem to bother him. If possible I would like another crack at arky.

We'll see.  Our secondary is porous enough to lose to the 3 State U.s, OU, WVU and Baylor.  At this point, I'd guess 8-4 or 9-3 but hold out hope for better.

30 minutes ago, bullet said:

We'll see.  Our secondary is porous enough to lose to the 3 State U.s, OU, WVU and Baylor.  At this point, I'd guess 8-4 or 9-3 but hold out hope for better.

That's good for a first year coach and this team's current roster. We don't have overwhelming talent everywhere.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Both you guys are a beating. You guys go read the last offerings by your favorite $9.95ers and then come back here and regurgitate it on the board. You tell me I don't know about football when its pretty clear you don't understand how constraint plays work. I never said we can't run outside. I said its not a good idea to base your run game off of it. I said OZ doesn't offer a lot of options in the RPO or play action dept, and too often your QB is exposed on the backside while your line is trying to carry out the fake. You saw that play out when Casey got hit and the ball got intercepted while we tried to run counter action. OZ offers the same straight alleyways to your QB. A lot of really smart offensive minds use IZ as a base for a reason. But you two guys, sitting at home on your couches, are better at drawing up plays than guys who've been doing it at the highest level for decades. Got it.

I

Ah, so the guy starting a thread telling people to apologize can’t admit he was dead wrong about shifting the offensive running identity from IZ to OZ? Got it. 

This has nothing to do with what 9.95ers say. It’s obvious IZ would be more ideal and offers more options if your team can block it well. It’s been clear dating back to last year that our OL and personnel can’t, but they can block OZ so any good coach should adapt to that. It took them a few games, but Sark/Flood have. It’s hilarious you still can’t admit that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

By the way, OP is the same guy who vigorously defended Charlie Strong for about a year and a half on the USF thread, then mysteriously disappeared…riiiight around the time the fightin’ Charlies lost to Wisconsin 49-0 at home to begin year three.

Don’t recall him ever coming back to eat crow there.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

By the way, OP is the same guy who vigorously defended Charlie Strong for about a year and a half on the USF thread, then mysteriously disappeared…riiiight around the time the fightin’ Charlies lost to Wisconsin 49-0 at home to begin year three.

Don’t recall him ever coming back to eat crow there.

OP is the guy that stopped posting on the football board during the Herman era. I told you what would happen with him and I was right. But of course you don't remember that right?

38 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ah, so the guy starting a thread telling people to apologize can’t admit he was dead wrong about shifting the offensive running identity from IZ to OZ? Got it. 

This has nothing to do with what 9.95ers say. It’s obvious IZ would be more ideal and offers more options if your team can block it well. It’s been clear dating back to last year that our OL and personnel can’t, but they can block OZ so any good coach should adapt to that. It took them a few games, but Sark/Flood have. It’s hilarious you still can’t admit that. 

"It took them a few games". We played 2. Rice and Tech, two team perfect to run OZ against. We are big and physical enough to block IZ. You also obviously don't know what happens when you run OZ vs an athletic front 7. I will continue to watch you ride this rollercoaster of emotions you always do.

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

OP is the guy that stopped posting on the football board during the Herman era. I told you what would happen with him and I was right. But of course you don't remember that right?

If you were defending Chuck Strong over a year after he was fired, you’re gonna have a long way to go to prove that you know a DAMN thing about football.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

OP sounds like a pussy

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Wait and see we said. Let it play out we said. Maybe Pig is pretty good we said. No! You guys and your sandy vagina'ed, kneejerk reactions. Arkansas did to them exactly what they did to us. It might have been even worse because had KJ not gone down they win going away. Now that you know Pig is better than you thought, and that we aren't as bad as everyone feared, how does everyone feel going forward?

Wait, so let me get this straight...because arky beat aggy, you started a post to point out that UT is just as shitty as aggy? Or slightly shittier than aggy? Or aggy and UT are both shittier than arky? Or what kind of moral victory quality loss bullshit are you getting at here?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Wait, so let me get this straight...because arky beat aggy, you started a post to point out that UT is just as shitty as aggy? Or slightly shittier than aggy? Or aggy and UT are both shittier than arky? Or what kind of moral victory quality loss bullshit are you getting at here?

We were as shitty as Aggy with Card starting, yes. We are not as shitty as Aggy with Casey starting, no. Shaggy has a tendency to overreact wildly to each game. We won game one. "Oh we are so great! Sark is the man for us!". Got run over by Piggie. Same posters. "Oh no we made a mistake with our coaching hire. They have no clue what they are doing!". Let the shit play out and wash the sand out of your vaginas.

• Hook 'Em 2

Wait...OP is using Arky beating A&M--a team that literally everyone knew was overrated as fuck before having to resort to our god-awful backup--as some sort of proof that Arkansas is really good? To make y'all's loss not seem that bad?

Wut?

Arkansas, just like pretty much everyone in the SEC not named Alabama, is a middling, mediocre team with a limited offense.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Wait...OP is using Arky beating A&M--a them that literally everyone knew was overrated as fuck before having to resort to our god-awful backup--as some sort of proof that Arkansas is really good? To make y'all's lose not seem that bad?

Wut?

Arkansas, just like pretty much everyone in the SEC not named Alabama, is a middling, mediocre team with a limited offense.

Basketball board is that way ---->

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Basketball board is that way ---->

Hey man, I think it's WAY too earlier to make any judgments on Sark as well, but trying to paint that loss as anything other than a massive kick in the nuts by a so-so team is disingenuous. Arkansas is fine. That's about as far as I'll go.

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

If you were defending Chuck Strong over a year after he was fired, you’re gonna have a long way to go to prove that you know a DAMN thing about football.

Strong had his issues we all know that. My defense of Strong was in reference to firing him in favor of an unproven guy who was bringing a low scoring offense to the big12. At the time the whole board was raving about the idea we would offer Herman, and I was totally against it. But typical Surly we forget the whole premise of the argument and only cherry pick the defense of Strong. People even accused me of defending him because he was Black. There were jokes about how dumb he was, and people were raving about Herman being Mensa. But here we are in 2021 and I was dead right about Herman. He turned out to be absolute trash, but no one ever came to get their plate of crow. Now as trash as Herman was imagine him without Ehlinger. Imagine him with Swoopes and Shane. Herman turned out to be no better just with a better QB. We wasted millions for no reason.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Hey man, I think it's WAY too earlier to make any judgments on Sark as well, but trying to paint that loss as anything other than a massive kick in the nuts by a so-so team is disingenuous. Arkansas is fine. That's about as far as I'll go.

The whole point of the thread is just that. Let it play out. That's what I said after we got our asses kicked and that's what I say now. People were losing their minds about the PK gameplan of staying in 2 deep against. I said maybe PK knows something we don't know. Well the Ags tried to load up against the run and it turns out that motherfucker can throw the ball just fine. It also turns out the last thing you want to do is have Treylon Burks singled up on the outside. Bottom line, IT IS way too early to make judgements about Sark. That's exactly what I am talking about. People were bringing out the noose in game two of the man's tenure. Let it play out.

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Should we send Tiffs Treats, Edible Arrangements, or a singing telegram as our apology to the team?  Either way I think we should include a heartfelt letter expressing our deep contrition and begging the team to not leave us, and that it will never happen again, we swear. 

Well Casey is now partnered with Tiff’s, so definitely the cookies 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Texasizsoback said:

As an neutral Arkansas fan observer its pretty obvious Card is not the guy.  You wouldn't have won, but our game would have been a contest going into the 4th if Thompson started.  When you come to the SEC you have to address the LOS feel free to down vote but it is true. That is the only thing holding you back.  You either have to have a legend at QB or control the line. That is the only way to win on consistent basis because even the mediocre Kentucky types of the world have great Olines with good enough defenses to win football games. Shouldnt be an issue with the recruits you have access to.  I imagine Sark knows this.

Hey guys listen up. Arkansas fan is explaining how to win in the SEC. 

• Haha 4

Look, we got blown out in our second game under Sark by a team that went 3-7 last year.  Of course there was some "shit, here we go again."  Now, is Piggy better than we thought?  Maybe.  Or maybe aggy with Calzada is just dogshit.

And we do look to be improving week to week, especially with Casey at QB.  So posters have the right to re-evaluate their impression of the team and/or Sark from week to week.  That's how the first season is going to go with every new coach we ever have, but especially with the recent flop hires.  Fun fact: you can be really critical of a performance and still be in the team's corner.

And posters absolutely have the right to expect 10-win seasons at Texas and to bitch when we're not getting them. 

Cliff Notes: stick your self-righteous rant up your poophole.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Should we send Tiffs Treats, Edible Arrangements, or a singing telegram as our apology to the team?  Either way I think we should include a heartfelt letter expressing our deep contrition and begging the team to not leave us, and that it will never happen again, we swear. 

Can we send edibles without the arrangements?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, TXpride said:

Many of us predicted this exact scenario after the Arkansas debacle--we would beat shitty Rice/Tech teams, and people would immediately drink the koolaid. If we win the next two I might have a small sip, but as of now nothing has changed.

motherhumping this.

and why is this take heresy?  have we not seen enough of this in the last 10 years?  in soccer the term is "flatter to deceive".   we look fucking great and yesterday was 1000% better than i ever thought possible and it doesn't change a fucking thing.

bellmont has a habit of reading it's own press clippings and whether anyone wants to believe it or not the koolaid around here is frequently brewed in inverse proportion to the performance the following saturday.  that's been the pattern since colt went down.

what i liked the most about yesterday is that we did confirm that sark is chill, win or lose, and has the long game.  it is now safe to say he is not trolling us.

what i liked 2nd most about yesterday was the execution and the obvious improvement in the lines over the last 3 weeks.  that's coaching.  and it proves sark's hires are money.

and none of that changes the exact scenario we are in - too much instant masturbation over crushing shitty teams.

in the fog of last night i saw someone post "possibly the best offense in the country".  BLASPHEMER!  STOP THAT SHIT!  do not bait the football gods.

TEN WINS.

SHOW ME 10 WINS.

then i drink.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Wait...OP is using Arky beating A&M--a team that literally everyone knew was overrated as fuck before having to resort to our god-awful backup--as some sort of proof that Arkansas is really good? To make y'all's loss not seem that bad?

Wut?

fuck you aggy for me having to agree with you and rep your fucking aggy post

• Hook 'Em 1