TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

10 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

My very first game that I attended was against the horny toads.  My mom got us knothole seats in the North Endzone.  It was DKR, the Wishbone and we hung like 72 on them. ~1970.  

You are old as fuck. I’m old and I was born 8 years after that story you just told. Respect. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

I want to kick TCU's ass for no other reason than the annoying bitch who was showing her ass at the Big 12 hearing in the Texas Legislature. 

Here is her contact info: https://senate.texas.gov/member.php?d=18

I think she needs to be flooded with polite phone calls and emails about Saturday's Texas/tcu score. 

She started this - let's finish it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

SMU did us no favors.  Fat Boy will have their attention and have them focused.  Sark needs to scheme his ass off, because Fat Boy is eating donuts and drawing up a defense right now.  

This.  SMU plays TCU the way TCU plays us.   This game is always their fucking season but especially coming off a loss.  Can't come out flat or read press clippings.   I'm hoping everyone learned from the Arkie debacle.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s all about finally exterminating the cockroaches. 
you really hope Gary Patterson doesn’t drown our team in his flop sweat. 
they’ve owned us because we’ve been coached by a borderline retard and a fraud. 
let’s give them a  buttfucking to remember as we exit to the SEC and they go back to finding their rightful place amongst also rans in a conference nobody gives a shit about. 
They are terrible, and we should win convincingly. 
Hook ‘Em high like an eagle soars. 

Subscribed ✔✔

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The more I think about it the more I hate TCU and want to kick their ass this week. 
I wasn’t ever in favor going into the SEC. Not comfortable culturally with a lot of what they choose to be. But, TCU is the perfect example of what we needed to get away from in this conference. 
They were in a dogshit conference. Nobody cared about them. They have no historical importance. They really bring nothing to the table. We rescued them. Do they appreciate that?   
No. 
we have to carry their ungrateful asses and they act like a bunch of cocksuckers. Fat Gare negative recruits against us harder than he recruits for himself, considering it a win if he talks someone out of going to Texas even if they “ain’t going to no TCU”. 
most of the time they are pretty irrelevant but we always get the jihad effort from them. We will never get credit for beating them. We will always get mocked for losing to them. 
In short fuck the idea of ever playing them again. Hope they enjoy dismantling of their program as they sink back into the also ran status that they so richly deserve. 

In short, fuck the pissant toads and their bombastic oaf, Patterson. 

DFW residents have learned to hate 'em

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

SMU did us no favors.  Fat Boy will have their attention and have them focused.  Sark needs to scheme his ass off, because Fat Boy is eating donuts and drawing up a defense right now.  

Yeah Gary P loves to play Texas. It’s TCU’s Super Bowl and he needs these wins for recruiting. Scared you to death. Really though. TCU will be up for Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

SMU did us no favors.  Fat Boy Gare will have their attention and have them focused.  Sark needs to scheme his ass off, because Fat Boy Gare has been eating donuts and drawing up a defense for SARK's offense since January...

FIFY 

Edited by LTtxfan

^
Love that Heisman image.

I rise now to ask some pertinent questions...

-Any of you Surly folks in Fort Worth/Mid-Cities going to the game?  Little embarrassed to admit that of the 14 institutions that have been in the Big XII, I think TCU, MIZ, and OKL are the only stadiums I've never seen a game in.  But wife wants to go see her sister this weekend, so I wanna hit up the game with her husband.  Early kickoff, but what is there to do around the stadium from 9-11am?  And do they sell beer in their stadium in general seating areas or just in premium seating?  I'm only forking over money for nosebleeds.  But what's the general vibe there?  Where we tailgating?  If there is a bar nearby, I'll buy a round.  

Edited by Lobo

I wish it was that easy.  Road trips to an improving Baylor, a salty (from the OU game at least) WVU, and an Iowa State team that I still think is better than they've shown.  If we can sweep our home slate and win a road game we shouldn't though, we could get back into the mix.  Our defense has to get better though.  And right fucking now.

12 minutes ago, Xian said:

Simple as that.  We win these next two games, we are going to the big 12 championship. 

2-1 in the next three imo puts us in the championship game. So yeah if we win the next 2 I have us there but if we split we just need to get ok state and we should be ok. 
we are winning the last 5 games of the year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Didn’t realize the Big12 history (2-7) with TCU has been so devastating. This game is the most important barometer of the team so far, road game against a devious coach.

2020       vs.          *Texas Christian (6-4)    L              31           33  (Herman)

2019       @            *Texas Christian (5-7)    L              27           37 (Herman)

2018       vs.          *Texas Christian (7-6)    W            31           16 (Herman)

2017       @            *Texas Christian (11-3)  L              7              24 (Herman)

2016       vs.          *Texas Christian (6-7)    L              9              31 (Strong)

2015       @            *Texas Christian (11-2)  L              7              50 (Strong)

2014       vs.          *Texas Christian (12-1)  L              10           48 (Strong)

2013       @            *Texas Christian (4-8)    W            30           7  (Mack)

2012       vs.          *Texas Christian (7-6)    L              13           20 (Mack)

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

^
Love that Heisman image.

I rise now to ask some pertinent questions...

-Any of you Surly folks in Fort Worth/Mid-Cities going to the game?  Little embarrassed to admit that of the 14 institutions that have been in the Big XII, I think TCU, MIZ, and OKL are the only stadiums I've never seen a game in.  But wife wants to go see her sister this weekend, so I wanna hit up the game with her husband.  Early kickoff, but what is there to do around the stadium from 9-11am?  And do they sell beer in their stadium in general seating areas or just in premium seating?  I'm only forking over money for nosebleeds.  But what's the general vibe there?  Where we tailgating?  If there is a bar nearby, I'll buy a round.  

I think I talked Mrs. CHIEF into going. We are only 45 minutes away. I too have never been to a game against TCU in Ft. Worth.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

TCU should have been on alert after their showing against Cal, but SMU still went into their house and beat them.

We need to go in there and take care of business. As long as Casey doesn't turn the ball over too much, we will.

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 1