TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

36 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Fuck TCU.  Those cockroach mother fuckers have been ponding their little bird chests for WAY too long.  Beat their fucking ass and don’t look back.  I’ll be in FTW and will cut a bitch on game day.  Fight me.  

Might need to get a Surly min-tailgate. It's funny, have a lot of family and friends that are big TCU fans and Grads. My cousin actually keeps that train horn contraption at his house in Godley. I can park at my other cousin's house and walk to the stadium, if need be. TCU was probably my second favorite team until Fat Gar's shit.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

What I look forward to is the fact that our offensive  formations do not telegraph what play is coming. Somehow that has been an institutional problem for the last 10 years. And fatterson had that shit dialed in.

Not anymore. Thank you Sark.
This!!!! Sark hides his play design so well in the formation, ala Bijan wheel route that was cleared of defenders by the slot and WR or whatever the formation. And I am really liking Sark's pick your poison adjustments: Bijan, Ro, or Casey throwing.
He sets up the play action well and Casey will start to hit those deep balls off play action. A couple of mishaps have kept him from connecting the majority of the time.

But what do I know?

2 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

ns

SMU came into Amon Carter yesterday and rushed for 350 yards!!!  I am inclined to believe that Texas can do that if the Ponies can and that should open up the passing game for Casey.  Until the cockroaches are run over by Texas, they can really make life miserable.  The last time I went to see Texas at AGC was in 2015 and it was 30-0 after the first quarter and 50-7 final.  Not quite as bad as some of the OU blowouts, but worse living in FW and having to hear their fans talk about a team that hasn't done anything since they were matched against Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

52-24.

That might finally get Fat Pat fired, for the double win.  The hate he would hold for Texas would be awesome.  Bring your realtor signs, because not only is Texas leaving the Big 12 but if it's a blowout, Fat Pat may be sent packing.     

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

SMU did us no favors.  Fat Boy will have their attention and have them focused.  Sark needs to scheme his ass off, because Fat Boy is eating donuts and drawing up a defense right now.  

When I heard TCU lost to SMU I immediately thought it is because they have been distracted practicing and focused on us.

Edited by DanTheHorn

TCU does not look past the SMU game. Look up the series history before the past couple years - they routinely beat our ass. Anyone that thinks that has their dick tucked between their legs and is afraid of playing these losers. The SMU team that beat TCU in 2019 won 10 games and would have given Texas their money's worth at home or on a neutral field at that point in the season. Fat pat has built up a reputation beating Charlie and Tommy Texas teams and he isn't getting that on Saturday. I'll do a fuller breakdown of these teams tomorrow since I watched both games but Texas losing this would be really bad. Like... I'd be nervous again about the Sark hire and I was on the positive side after that Arky debacle. 

Punch TCU in the mouth early and it will be over. The problem with recent results is that we dick around and shoot ourselves in the foot and let them eek out a win. Sam had one of his worst games ever in 2019 and our secondary was atrocious. Last year featured some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in the first half and we still should have won were it not for Keontay handing them the game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

You know TCU is going to come out and try exploit that secondary after what Tech did to us. Hopefully we put Schooler on the bench so he can't tackle any of his teammateSark

Sark laid into his ass on the sideline after that mess. Late to the throw and take out your own guy. Smh 

Edited by Okcool

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

You know TCU is going to come out and try exploit that secondary after what Tech did to us. Hopefully we put Schooler on the bench so he can't tackle any of his teammates. 

I know Tech really lit us up in garbage time in the second half, and that sucks and I would rather we not do that, but is that really evidence of some big exploit? Surely our tendencies are different when the game is more competitive.

• Like 1

From watching the Iron Skillet on Saturday, it proved even more to me how terrible TCU is and that we should win convincingly. Their defense is straight ass and left SMU WRs open all over the field. Rush defense wasn't much better either. Also, Max Duggan fucking sucks. He is not that good of a QB. He only looked good and beat us the last 2 seasons because Todd Orlando and Chris Ash's defenses shit the bed and were out of position. He depends on QB draws and running for his life when the pocket collapses. Overshown will be kept as a spy like he was against Tech in case that happens, and Duggan will fuck around and find out quick. 

In conclusion, IF this is in fact the final year we face the frogs, we should hang at least 56 on them to finalize the divorce.  FROG LEGS FOR SATURDAY!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

That might finally get Fat Pat fired, for the double win.  The hate he would hold for Texas would be awesome.  Bring your realtor signs, because not only is Texas leaving the Big 12 but if it's a blowout, Fat Pat may be sent packing.     

While that IS  a hilarious scenario, it won't happen. Fat Pat walks on water at TCU. His contract doesn't expire and he's not on the hot seat. 

7 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

As much as I'd like to get that sweaty fat fuck POS fired,  who would they hire instead? 

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

TCU does not look past the SMU game. Look up the series history before the past couple years - they routinely beat our ass. Anyone that thinks that has their dick tucked between their legs and is afraid of playing these losers. The SMU team that beat TCU in 2019 won 10 games and would have given Texas their money's worth at home or on a neutral field at that point in the season. Fat pat has built up a reputation beating Charlie and Tommy Texas teams and he isn't getting that on Saturday. I'll do a fuller breakdown of these teams tomorrow since I watched both games but Texas losing this would be really bad. Like... I'd be nervous again about the Sark hire and I was on the positive side after that Arky debacle. 

Punch TCU in the mouth early and it will be over. The problem with recent results is that we dick around and shoot ourselves in the foot and let them eek out a win. Sam had one of his worst games ever in 2019 and our secondary was atrocious. Last year featured some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in the first half and we still should have won were it not for Keontay handing them the game. 

Didn't TCU dodge SMU last year?

• Hook 'Em 2

Maybe 11a is our jam.

We came out on fire last Saturday and it was over quickly. If we do it again on the road, maybe that’s a sign that we’ve turned another corner and this staff can motivate as well as coach.  This would also bode well for the game after this one. 

Let’s beat TCU and make a fucking statement. Hook’em!

51 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Didn't that dipshit Herman complain about 11am games?

Yep, annoyed the shit out of me.  One of the first things they show you in Bellmont is how our TV contract works.  So you know that some of our games will be 11am, some will be 7pm.  Because yeah, gameday Saturdays and their necessitated routine are part of coaching.  Keeping the players focused but loose for the appropriate amount of time.  Even talking about your obligations to the LHN in terms of appearances on the actual gameday itself.  And Herman just bitched and bitched about that.  

I don't think he ever found anything to not complain about on campus.  

20 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Didn’t realize the Big12 history (2-7) with TCU has been so devastating. This game is the most important barometer of the team so far, road game against a devious coach.

2020       vs.          *Texas Christian (6-4)    L              31           33  (Herman)

2019       @            *Texas Christian (5-7)    L              27           37 (Herman)

2018       vs.          *Texas Christian (7-6)    W            31           16 (Herman)

2017       @            *Texas Christian (11-3)  L              7              24 (Herman)

2016       vs.          *Texas Christian (6-7)    L              9              31 (Strong)

2015       @            *Texas Christian (11-2)  L              7              50 (Strong)

2014       vs.          *Texas Christian (12-1)  L              10           48 (Strong)

2013       @            *Texas Christian (4-8)    W            30           7  (Mack)

2012       vs.          *Texas Christian (7-6)    L              13           20 (Mack)

So we are 1-6 versus TCU with Herman and Strong.

Bad news Frogs....Herman and Strong ain't walking through that door.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I know Tech really lit us up in garbage time in the second half, and that sucks and I would rather we not do that, but is that really evidence of some big exploit? Surely our tendencies are different when the game is more competitive.

Well it's not just the pass defense that's suspect. The run defense didn't look so great against Arkansas and TCU has a running QB and fast RB that can have big play potential.

Edited by 6th Street
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

The run defense didn't look so great against Arkansas and they have a running QB and fast RB

That Arkansas OL with reserves pushed around a talented aggy Defensive Line for 60 minutes - TCU ain't got that same talent on the line.

Duggan can't / won't run like KJ Jefferson.

Zach Evans is immensely talented but he's also an absolute head case.  Wild card.

Their shitty stadium holds a 1/3 fewer people than Fayettenam and we won't be playing there at night.  A full day of binging meth and Busch Light amped that Arkansas crowd up to levels that caused Card to lose his shit.  I just can't see that happening to Casey at 11am.

This might also be the worst defense we've seen from TCU. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That Arkansas OL with reserves pushed around a talented aggy Defensive Line for 60 minutes - TCU ain't got that same talent on the line.

Zach Evans is immensely talented but he's also an absolute head case.  Wild card.

Their shitty stadium holds a 1/3 fewer people than Fayettenam and we won't be playing there at night.  A full day of binging meth and Busch Light amped that Arkansas crowd up to levels that caused Card to lose his shit.  I just can't see that happening to Casey at 11am.

It's payback time

I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz... all... night!* You make sure they remember, *forever*!!!!!

2IHjFl.gif

15 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Why are you acting like Fattyenam and Fort Worth will even be close to same environment?

This. We won't play another away game like that all year. Even the away games I figure might be tough (West Virginia, Iowa State), I don't think they'll sell out wall-to-wall like that, and even if they are crazy crowds, they won't have a Top 15 team playing for them on the field. 

Zach Evans is not a wild card in terms of what you can expect from him in this game. He’s the most gifted runner Texas will play this year and he’s probably going to get his 100-150 based on this defense’s performance this season. Honestly him and Bijan on the same field is a hell of a RB showcase. They were the top two backs in that class for a reason.

The key for the Texas defense is making TCU work for their points. They’re a talented offensive group and they’re going to score some, but Texas has to limit the explosive scoring plays and continue to play good red zone defense. Do those two things and that puts you in a good position to win the game on offense.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

This. We won't play another away game like that all year. Even the away games I figure might be tough (West Virginia, Iowa State), I don't think they'll sell out wall-to-wall like that, and even if they are crazy crowds, they won't have a Top 15 team playing for them on the field. 

WV, if a night game, will be fucking insane that late in the season depending on our record.  If we roll into Morgantown at 8-2 for a night game, look out. 

Why are you acting like Fattyenam and Fort Worth will even be close to same environment?

I mean, I didn’t say that; the debacle at Arkansas was much deeper than simple jitters related to the game day environment. It was failure to prepare from the top down, and while Ft. Worth certainly won’t be Fayetteville in terms of atmosphere, that’s the only other road game this team has played. It’s certainly not going to be Austin either.

5 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

From watching the Iron Skillet on Saturday, it proved even more to me how terrible TCU is and that we should win convincingly. Their defense is straight ass and left SMU WRs open all over the field. Rush defense wasn't much better either. Also, Max Duggan fucking sucks. He is not that good of a QB. He only looked good and beat us the last 2 seasons because Todd Orlando and Chris Ash's defenses shit the bed and were out of position. He depends on QB draws and running for his life when the pocket collapses. Overshown will be kept as a spy like he was against Tech in case that happens, and Duggan will fuck around and find out quick. 

In conclusion, IF this is in fact the final year we face the frogs, we should hang at least 56 on them to finalize the divorce.  FROG LEGS FOR SATURDAY!

Point proven. Look at Reggie Roberson Jr., not a single TCU defender near him as he was wide open and walked into the end zone. 

FAJdG6YUcAsLDSQ?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Longboard Horn
PonyUpDallas, fuck the cockroaches