TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

On 9/25/2021 at 7:15 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s all about finally exterminating the cockroaches. 
you really hope Gary Patterson doesn’t drown our team in his flop sweat
they’ve owned us because we’ve been coached by a borderline retard and a fraud. 
let’s give them a  buttfucking to remember as we exit to the SEC and they go back to finding their rightful place amongst also rans in a conference nobody gives a shit about. 
They are terrible, and we should win convincingly. 
Hook ‘Em high like an eagle soars. 

fat-gary.gif

Visual aid of what we want to avoid

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/26/2021 at 9:08 AM, Surly Bevo said:

SMU did us no favors.  Fat Boy will have their attention and have them focused.  Sark needs to scheme his ass off, because Fat Boy is eating donuts and drawing up a defense right now.  

For the rest of the year, all our opponents will be studying the Arky game tapes. Sark needs to figure out how to turn the table on all of them and eat their lunch.

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

For the rest of the year, all our opponents will be studying the Arky game tapes. Sark needs to figure out how to turn the table on all of them and eat their lunch.

I'm not sure how helpful the Arkansas game film will be.  Sark adjusted with a new QB and tweaked the running game, and the Razorbacks played out of their minds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'm not sure how helpful the Arkansas game film will be.  Sark adjusted with a new QB and tweaked the running game, and the Razorbacks played out of their minds.

If all of the teams can figure out how to sack the QB with a 3 man rush like arky did against us and aggy, then we are screwed I guess. 

Hell, maybe Sark already did that. We've seen a lot more runs to the outside and a lot more deception. The difference between Arkansas and Rice wasn't just Casey.  We have been unstoppable. The RBs and QB all appear bound for the NFL. This team is determined. If we get by TCU with a 2 or 3 TD cushion, which I think we will, it means we'll do the same thing to OU - and suddenly we'll be a steamroller in the Nat'l spotlight. 

We laid down for most of the fourth quarter against TTech. We could have easily scored 80. So I'm thinking 58 for us, 33 for TCU.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Does anyone track updates on the opponent in threads like this? It'd be great to know who's hurt for them and any other tidbits about guys getting more or less reps than expected, etc. I watched the whole game on Saturday, but we were at a sports bar and couldn't hear anything and there were 10 other games also going on. If someone has a good site that covers TCU that they can point us too, that would also be appreciated with upvotes.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Does anyone track updates on the opponent in threads like this? It'd be great to know who's hurt for them and any other tidbits about guys getting more or less reps than expected, etc. I watched the whole game on Saturday, but we were at a sports bar and couldn't hear anything and there were 10 other games also going on. If someone has a good site that covers TCU that they can point us too, that would also be appreciated with upvotes.

Reading Twitter when it comes to TCU Patterson doesn't give out much information about his team at all during the week. Most of their guys find out about it at gametime.

‘It’s on me.’ Gary Patterson vows to fix TCU defense after it was torched again in loss

BY DREW DAVISON    SEPTEMBER 27, 2021 

Gary Patterson is regarded as one of the top defensive minds in college football, but his unit is stumbling out of the gates this season.

SMU ran all over TCU’s defense in a 42-34 victory on Saturday, piling up 350 yards on the ground with two running backs — Ulysses Bentley IV and Tre Siggers — topping the 100-yard mark. SMU finished with 595 yards of total offense and didn’t allow one sack.

SMU’s strong performance on the ground comes two weeks after Cal had a successful passing attack. Yes, TCU held on for a 34-32 victory over Cal, but the Bears threw for more than 300 yards and connected on big plays.

“There’s only one person in charge who takes blame on that. That’s me right now,” Patterson said following the SMU game. “I’m the one that’s supposed to fix it.”

Former TCU defensive players chimed in on social media, ripping the team’s performance against SMU.

“Worst effort in TCU history if you ask me,” former safety Derrick Kindred said.

Added former defensive end Josh Carraway: “Tackling drill on Sunday please.”

Patterson placed blame on himself and vowed to correct it. He didn’t divulge much details on how he’ll go about it.

Asked how the team can improve tackling at this point, Patterson simply said: “We will.”

Asked how the pass rush, which had zero sacks on the day, can improve, Patterson said: “We’ve started slow the last three years then we come on. One of the things you’ve got to be able to do is rotate guys when they get tired.”

SMU had its way all day. The Mustangs had 15 rushes that went for at least 10 yards, including three on the final drive to run out the clock. The Frogs pulled to within one score with four minutes left.

TCU’s final chance to get the ball back was to stop SMU on a third-and-6 from the SMU 43. Mustangs quarterback Tanner Mordecai gained 12 yards on the play to seal the victory.

“I called the last play,” Patterson said. “I told them the QB was going to run. The guy blocked down on the guy who had the quarterback. He came off and made the play. At the end of the day, if I tell you exactly what they’re going to do and you still don’t stop it, I don’t know what else to tell you guys.

“They’d been running stretch out of two backs and I said on this final play the quarterback is going to keep it. The quarterback kept it.

The last time TCU allowed a team to gain 600 yards of total offense was Texas Tech in 2015. SMU fell just short of the 600-yard mark but left a lasting impression. TCU’s defense has plenty of work to do if it wants to contend for a Big 12 title.

The Frogs were without defensive tackle Corey Bethley, which didn’t help matters. They’re also still waiting for defensive end Khari Coleman and cornerback Noah Daniels to return.

At the end of the day, though, that doesn’t excuse the poor tackling or lack of effort. This isn’t the type of defense that fans are accustomed to under Patterson.

“The bottom line to it is that SMU wanted it more than we did today. It’s pretty simple,” Patterson said. “You’ve got to come ready to play.”

TCU now shifts its attention to the Big 12 opener against Texas on Saturday. The Longhorns are coming off a 70-35 victory over Texas Tech in which they rushed for 336 yards.

Similar to Patterson’s statement on fixing the defense, linebacker Dee Winters said the players will be determined to respond.

“The loss hurts to SMU, but we’ve just got to bounce back and come back harder next week,” said Winters, who had his first career interception against SMU.

“Let that be our reason to play hard in our next game.”

Asked how the pass rush, which had zero sacks on the day, can improve, Patterson said: “We’ve started slow the last three years then we come on. One of the things you’ve got to be able to do is rotate guys when they get tired.”

SMU had its way all day. The Mustangs had 15 rushes that went for at least 10 yards, including three on the final drive to run out the clock. The Frogs pulled to within one score with four minutes left.

TCU’s final chance to get the ball back was to stop SMU on a third-and-6 from the SMU 43. Mustangs quarterback Tanner Mordecai gained 12 yards on the play to seal the victory.

“I called the last play,” Patterson said. “I told them the QB was going to run. The guy blocked down on the guy who had the quarterback. He came off and made the play. At the end of the day, if I tell you exactly what they’re going to do and you still don’t stop it, I don’t know what else to tell you guys.

“They’d been running stretch out of two backs and I said on this final play the quarterback is going to keep it. The quarterback kept it.

The last time TCU allowed a team to gain 600 yards of total offense was Texas Tech in 2015. SMU fell just short of the 600-yard mark but left a lasting impression. TCU’s defense has plenty of work to do if it wants to contend for a Big 12 title.

The Frogs were without defensive tackle Corey Bethley, which didn’t help matters. They’re also still waiting for defensive end Khari Coleman and cornerback Noah Daniels to return.

At the end of the day, though, that doesn’t excuse the poor tackling or lack of effort. This isn’t the type of defense that fans are accustomed to under Patterson.

“The bottom line to it is that SMU wanted it more than we did today. It’s pretty simple,” Patterson said. “You’ve got to come ready to play.”

TCU now shifts its attention to the Big 12 opener against Texas on Saturday. The Longhorns are coming off a 70-35 victory over Texas Tech in which they rushed for 336 yards.

Similar to Patterson’s statement on fixing the defense, linebacker Dee Winters said the players will be determined to respond.

“The loss hurts to SMU, but we’ve just got to bounce back and come back harder next week,” said Winters, who had his first career interception against SMU.

“Let that be our reason to play hard in our next game.”

Edited by LTtxfan
Edit tool is fucked up
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Hell, maybe Sark already did that. We've seen a lot more runs to the outside and a lot more deception. The difference between Arkansas and Rice wasn't just Casey.  We have been unstoppable. The RBs and QB all appear bound for the NFL. This team is determined. If we get by TCU with a 2 or 3 TD cushion, which I think we will, it means we'll do the same thing to OU - and suddenly we'll be a steamroller in the Nat'l spotlight. 

We laid down for most of the fourth quarter against TTech. We could have easily scored 80. So I'm thinking 58 for us, 33 for TCU.

Easy there, cowboy.  I'm hopeful after thrashing Tech at home, but I just don't see a Gary Patterson team giving up 50 points to Texas in Fort Worth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I know it's bitch made but I thoroughly expect us to get fucked up by frog. If we don't, it will be a welcome surprise.

Is pretty bitch made, even their fans expect us to fuck them up. But I can still see it from your pov. Sarks gotta prove he's not another Herman or Strong and throttle the toads on Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article254532172.html

This was inside the "Foat Wuth Telegram" article 

"The Frogs were without defensive tackle Corey Bethley, which didn’t help matters. They’re also still waiting for defensive end Khari Coleman and cornerback Noah Daniels to return."

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Throwing the players under the bus in public always works out well

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is pretty bitch made, even their fans expect us to fuck them up. But I can still see it from your pov. Sarks gotta prove he's not another Herman or Strong and throttle the toads on Saturday. 

Yep. Exactly my thoughts. Tech, Ulala, and Rice are not good teams and I don't think we can really glean much from beating them. TCU has an actual coach and has beat our asses for a decade.

very much want to win this game...and emphatically at that.  these fuckers have owned us since joining...we are 2-7 against them.  and only twice have they actually just been better than us.  the last two losses were to incredibly shitty teams and were easily the most frustrating losses of the year in both.  they have taken kstate's pain in our ass crown since 2014.

anyone assuming we just go thrash them needs to look at the last two years.  those were awful, awful, fucking awful tcu teams and we lost both due to stupidity and just the absolute worst turnovers.  sam's game up there two years ago may be his worst ever and last year's was a confounding clusterfuck of stupidity...letting a shitty qb look like a heisman winner.  hopefully we have exorcised that and casey keeps it rolling.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Good writeup on where TCU stands after their loss to SMU:

MMQB: We need to talk - Frogs O' War (frogsowar.com)

Oh man this one is tough, Gary. The losses over the past couple of years have begun to sting less and less (which is not a good thing), but coming off of a bye week where the team had an extra week to prepare for a cross town rival that is less talented than you... and they LITERALLY run all over you? That one really stings and the fan base is really starting to turn against you.

First Time GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, sidis said:

anyone assuming we just go thrash them needs to look at the last two years.  those were awful, awful, fucking awful tcu teams and we lost both due to stupidity and just the absolute worst turnovers. 

That and remember what we looked like just 2 weeks ago in our only other road game.  Sure, Arkie is better than expected but remember how they looked against Rice through 3 quarters and how confident everyone was then?  I'm  certain TCU plays by far it's best game to date on Saturday as this is Patterson's game of the year, every fucking year.  This team needs to prove it can get punched in the mouth and/or have some bad luck on the road and not fold if we lose momentum.   This is a great opportunity and I loved Sark's response in press conference that we are 2-7 and no chance they see the same team that lost to SMU.  Needs to be drilled into players heads this week.  As we all know Texas players tend to get a bit over confident reading their headlines and this team is not near good enough to do that.

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

When I think of TCU i think of Xanax, Adderall and Percocet and how the TCU students do so much of it and how i need to get some

Is Casey Pachall still alive? Or did making the cardinal sin of using his own supply finally cause him to meet his demise?

Tony Montana Cocaine GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Patterson knows that beating Texas has been his one saving grace the last few years.  They are 23-23 in the Big 12 over the last 5 seasons, with one CCG appearance, and nothing better than an Alamo Bowl to show for it all.  The one thing he can point to is his 4-1 record over Texas during that time.  If we can get a win, especially if it comes by a large margin with our offense scoring a ton on his defense, he will be on real shaky ground.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Patterson knows that beating Texas has been his one saving grace the last few years.  They are 23-23 in the Big 12 over the last 5 seasons, with one CCG appearance, and nothing better than an Alamo Bowl to show for it all.  The one thing he can point to is his 4-1 record over Texas during that time.  If we can get a win, especially if it comes by a large margin with our offense scoring a ton on his defense, he will be on real shaky ground.

Wow I totally forgot about that.  They got blown the fuck out by OU.  

18 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Patterson's been underwhelming of late but he has his own statue outside the stadium.  Ways to go before being on real shaky ground.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Patterson attempts to keep a lid in team injury news, including what the actual injuries are and timetables, and the media aren't allowed to talk about who's out until kickoff, so you're left to try and read clues from board insiders

Here's what I've attempted to piece together today, and no idea if these guys are in or out, but they're who to watch for 

- Center Steve Avila* got injured mid-second quarter against SMU, and their offense subsequently struggled. If he can't go, that would be big. Some of their posters say that it appeared to be a low or non contact play, but you can't tell from watching the play since he's off-screen. Not sure if they updated it in the broadcast. This is the biggest one I'm watching for

- DT Corey Bethley didn't play vs SMU, and it showed. I'd guess that he's playing. If he's not, we should have an easier time running inside 

- DE Khari Coleman is a second year player who was supposed to be a starter entering the season, but has yet to play. He was relatively productive as a true freshman (Big XII freshman defensive player of the year). I'm guessing he'll play, but that's just a guess. He'd give TCU two good ends. 

- DBs Noah Daniels, Deshawn McCuin, DB Bud Clark- all three seem to be questionable to play. I'm not sure which ones, if any, would be meaningful losses. Maybe @golfclap has something to add there 

* Maybe I did this wrong, because I ignored "no plays" that were penalties, but TCU's offense went downhill after the Avila injury

TCU offense yards per play:

With Avila: 10.9

Without Avila: 6.2

It's even worse when you take out TCU's final drive, which I'm assuming was against a prevent defense

Without Avila pre-final drive: 4.0

Final drive: 13.7

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

Patterson attempts to keep a lid in team injury news, including what the actual injuries are and timetables, and the media aren't allowed to talk about who's out until kickoff, so you're left to try and read clues from board insiders

Here's what I've attempted to piece together today, and no idea if these guys are in or out, but they're who to watch for 

- Center Steve Avila* got injured mid-second quarter against SMU, and their offense subsequently struggled. If he can't go, that would be big. Some of their posters say that it appeared to be a low or non contact play, but you can't tell from watching the play since he's off-screen. Not sure if they updated it in the broadcast. This is the biggest one I'm watching for

- DT Corey Bethley didn't play vs SMU, and it showed. I'd guess that he's playing. If he's not, we should have an easier time running inside 

- DE Khari Coleman is a second year player who was supposed to be a starter entering the season, but has yet to play. He was relatively productive as a true freshman (Big XII freshman defensive player of the year). I'm guessing he'll play, but that's just a guess. He'd give TCU two good ends. 

- DBs Noah Daniels

I read the MMQB article from a TCU fan site someone posted and they indicated these are 3 of their top 5 defensive players.  Of course no speculation on whether available this week or not.

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

DBs Noah Daniels, Deshawn McCuin, DB Bud Clark- all three seem to be questionable to play. I'm not sure which ones, if any, would be meaningful losses. Maybe @golfclap has something to add there 

Daniels is really good when he's healthy but that's almost never. When healthy is a true difference maker but they're probably used to having him out these days. I think Clark would be the biggest impact because of his range and the fact that I know nothing about the guys behind him. I don't even know who Onyemaobi is and you know I follow this shit pretty closely. 

46 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Patterson's been underwhelming of late but he has his own statue outside the stadium.  Ways to go before being on real shaky ground.  

This is not my perception. At all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If Ingram’s headcase ass didn’t fuck up at the goal line last year, our former fraud of a head coach ends up 2-2 against fat fuck Patterson. They’ve had our number because they’ve had the good fortune of playing us during the worst decade in the program’s history.

It’s time to reverse the trend and purge some demons this weekend.

• Hook 'Em 2