TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

On 9/26/2021 at 1:09 PM, Atticus said:

TCU should have been on alert after their showing against Cal, but SMU still went into their house and beat them.

We need to go in there and take care of business. As long as Casey doesn't turn the ball over too much, we will.

I think you mean, "As long as Casey keeps playing like the Points God that he has, we should fucking roll these chumps."

WTF? Which orifice is this turn the ball over shit coming from?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/26/2021 at 1:09 PM, Atticus said:

TCU should have been on alert after their showing against Cal, but SMU still went into their house and beat them.

We need to go in there and take care of business. As long as Casey doesn't turn the ball over too much, we will.

I think you mean, "As long as Casey keeps playing like the Points God that he has, we should fucking roll these chumps."

36 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Wasn't sure which to quote. 

Had a bad turnover against Tech and he will be tested even harder against a back to the wall GP in Fort Worth. Casey is good at taking what the defense gives, but this game will test his willingness to avoid doing too much like he did on 3rd and long against Tech. Gotta get at least 3 points in that situation, but I'm sure he'll obsess over that play and a few others and do better next time.

Texas teams and Texas coaches have been unpredictable for far too long. It was a miracle when we beat the Ags in our last meeting, but damn it's been one hell of a bright spot for all these years. That's how I want to leave the TCU fans for the next how ever many years - wondering what freight train hit them and thanking God they don't have to play us anymore. Bury these motherfuckers on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Texas teams and Texas coaches have been unpredictable for far too long. It was a miracle when we beat the Ags in our last meeting, but damn it's been one hell of a bright spot for all these years. That's how I want to leave the TCU fans for the next how ever many years - wondering what freight train hit them and thanking God they don't have to play us anymore. Bury these motherfuckers on Saturday.

It was a miracle that a 7-5 team beat a 6-6 team?

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Has the OL depth chart been like this seems like some changes. In the backups

Same OL depth chart since Week 1.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2021/8/30/22649621/texas-longhorns-depth-chart-hudson-card-anthony-cook-xavier-worthy

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Wasn't sure which to quote. 

Had a bad turnover against Tech and he will be tested even harder against a back to the wall GP in Fort Worth. Casey is good at taking what the defense gives, but this game will test his willingness to avoid doing too much like he did on 3rd and long against Tech. Gotta get at least 3 points in that situation, but I'm sure he'll obsess over that play and a few others and do better next time.

I didn’t think it was a “bad” turnover. He was trying to make a play and sling it, which is what he does. He didn’t make a bad read or a Hudson Card WTF fumble (Arkansas).

I can live with 5 touchdowns and one pick every single game for eternity.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Has the OL depth chart been like this seems like some changes. In the backups

A1FFF8FB-30BA-402A-981F-D72C0FE27092.jpeg

The change is sliding Conner out to RT, in place of Hookfin, and bumping Tyler Johnson into the two deep at LG. Parr I believe has always been listed as the backup center, though I'm pretty sure if Majors missed extended time they were giving Angilau reps to slide him over and insert Imade. Similarly, I'd think Karic is next man up for either tackle spot. Connor is 6'5" and the tackle pipeline is, uh, bleak, so repping him at RT makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

I didn’t think it was a “bad” turnover. He was trying to make a play and sling it, which is what he does. He didn’t make a bad read or a Hudson Card WTF fumble (Arkansas).

I can live with 5 touchdowns and one pick every single game for eternity.

I don't understand fans' need to defend terrible mistakes by the quarterback. He was drifting left, wasn't set, flung up a prayer while in field goal range to a guy who was covered. It was a terrible turnover. Doesn't change the fact that he played great otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't understand fans' need to defend terrible mistakes by the quarterback. He was drifting left, wasn't set, flung up a prayer while in field goal range to a guy who was covered. It was a terrible turnover. Doesn't change the fact that he played great otherwise.

The chances of the completion I feel are higher than Dicker making that kick. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The chances of the completion I feel are higher than Dicker making that kick. 

So you're saying he should have thrown the easy 8 yard completion to Brewer who came open right in front of his face? Thompson did a half dozen things wrong on the play after he correctly moved on from his first read. The defenses of that play are kind of funny.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So you're saying he should have thrown the easy 8 yard completion to Brewer who came open right in front of his face? Thompson did a half dozen things wrong on the play after he correctly moved on from his first read. The defenses of that play are kind of funny.

I’m making a joke. 

Well, I picked up some awesome tickets from my neighbor right down the street. Got a parking pass for Lot 6, which is Frog Alley, right behind the stands on the visitor side. He said to get there early. Now comes the tough decision, take Mrs. CHIEF's Lexus, or my Crew Cab F-350 with 9.5 foot flatbed to tailgate on? I'm sure the truck would piss people off, would also probably need to be there by sunrise. Is that a dick move?

CHIEF

9 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Well, I picked up some awesome tickets from my neighbor right down the street. Got a parking pass for Lot 6, which is Frog Alley, right behind the stands on the visitor side. He said to get there early. Now comes the tough decision, take Mrs. CHIEF's Lexus, or my Crew Cab F-350 with 9.5 foot flatbed to tailgate on? I'm sure the truck would piss people off, would also probably need to be there by sunrise. Is that a dick move?

CHIEF

Find a spot that backs to grass or a sidewalk and reverse in. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

Get there early and announce your presence with authority, just like the Texas football team is going to do. They also bring a large truck with them. 🤘🏼

I understand your quandary, but as long as you park in a spot and there is no parking douchebaggery, then you should be good. Also, fuck TCU and bring us back a motherfucking win!

27 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

Double park it and shotgun a beer as soon as you drop the tailgate. Then challenge the person parked next to you to a 40 yard dash. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Double park it and shotgun a beer as soon as you drop the tailgate. Then challenge the person parked next to you to a 40 yard dash. 

No tailgate. The people parking in the spots next to it will have to crawl out the other side of their vehicles. Would be definitely "low brow".

CHIEF

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

He’s Dunn.

I’ll show myself out.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He doesn’t get a covid year or is this year here covid year?

Someone help me figure this out regarding Darion Dunn!

2016: True Freshman

2017: Redshirt Freshman

2018: Redshirt Sophomore

2019: Redshirt Junior

2020: Elected to transfer in August 2020 - should have been a Redshirt Senior, but it appears he elected to transfer in August 2020.  

I am not seeing any statistics for Dunn for the 2020 football season, so maybe he elected to sit out the season. 

He is listed on the the official Texas website as a 'Senior.' If the COVID rule was blanket for everyone regardless of undergraduate versus graduate student status, he can get an extra season of eligibility.

So just maybe he can get another season and exhaust his eligibility after the 2022 season? You would have to think he is an undisputed starter at CB next season once Josh Thompson and D'Shawn Jamison move on.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4051458/darion-dunn 

https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/darion-dunn/10710

41 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

Do you live on a farm? 

That might finally get Fat Pat fired, for the double win.  The hate he would hold for Texas would be awesome.  Bring your realtor signs, because not only is Texas leaving the Big 12 but if it's a blowout, Fat Pat may be sent packing.     
Fired? You serious Clark?

The froggies probably have at least half a dozen boosters willing to give their hearts for a transplant when Gare's inevitably gives out on the sideline. His chances of getting fired are probably only slightly more than Saban..

5 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

tony montana scarface GIF

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Someone help me figure this out regarding Darion Dunn!

2016: True Freshman

2017: Redshirt Freshman

2018: Redshirt Sophomore

2019: Redshirt Junior

2020: Elected to transfer in August 2020 - should have been a Redshirt Senior, but it appears he elected to transfer in August 2020.  

I am not seeing any statistics for Dunn for the 2020 football season, so maybe he elected to sit out the season. 

He is listed on the the official Texas website as a 'Senior.' If the COVID rule was blanket for everyone regardless of undergraduate versus graduate student status, he can get an extra season of eligibility.

So just maybe he can get another season and exhaust his eligibility after the 2022 season? You would have to think he is an undisputed starter at CB next season once Josh Thompson and D'Shawn Jamison move on.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4051458/darion-dunn 

https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/darion-dunn/10710

Does both Jamison and Thompson have to move on after this year?