Unexplained Aerial Phenomenon or UFOs

Doc Holliday

Do aliens exist, are they explainable, are the myriad of documentaries true or misinformation to distract for some other propaganda?

It's an interesting thought experiment and topic for me because there are so many unexplained experiences people have seen from laymen, policemen, to military leaders.   Bill Clinton has talked about it on late night TV shows, Obama has, and again there are so many documentaries about it.   Varying programs have been declassified and at the minimum lend credence to they exist, yet, no "real evidence" has come out.  No major scientific group has dug in to research this topic, publically, etc.

I'd like to believe they exist based on where there is smoke there is fire and without hard evidence or personal experience, I have to lean on the side that they don't due to logic and reasoning.

Thoughts of the nerdz crowd?

Unidentified Flying Objects undeniably exist. There is hard data. Objects that are flying were documented and could not be identified. 

As far as identifying the objects, that is where it gets all X-Files. Some have been explained but some have not. That doesn't mean it's little green men, but obvioulsy, you can't rule it out either. 

Edited by Neonmoon

The 2006 Chicago O’Hare UFO sighting is regarded as one of the most well-documented and widely-witnessed UFO sightings in modern history. Officials insisted on labelling the sighting a weather anomaly but witnesses, including over a dozen O’Hare International Airport employees, say the object was as clear as day – a metallic disc-shaped craft hovering over gate C-17 of the O’Hare International Airport.

On November 7, 2006 at approximately 4:15 PM, an airport ramp employee was “pushing back” United Airlines Flight 456 when he looked up and spotted a strange object hovering over O’Hare’s Gate C-17. Described as a spinning, metallic, disc-shaped aircraft, the employee immediately notified the pilot and co-pilot of Flight 456 (both pilots also witnessed the object but the Captain refused to be interviewed) and radioed the airline’s operation control center.

The co-pilot (First Officer) was later interviewed and admitted that he and the Captain had opened the side window to view the object. They described the UAP as “dirty aluminum color, very stable, without any optical distortions near it”. He added that their flight had even been delayed as airport personnel sorted out the event. It was at this time that the FAA’s ground controller notified incoming Flight 5668 to “use caution for the, ahhh, UFO”. This was the first official FAA mention of the UFO (they would later deny any knowledge of the event).

Two United Airlines aviation mechanics were the next to report the strange object in the sky.  Both were inside an airplane about to taxi to a hanger when they overheard a message from a “flight crew” talking about a “circle or saucer-shaped object hovering over the gate” (this was likely the pilot and co-pilot mentioned by the first witness – see above). The two mechanics laughed about it at first but continued listening as radio chatter lit up with discussion of the unusual object.

The mechanics say they leaned forward to look through the windshield of the airplane and saw the object hovering about 100 to 200 feet below the cloud base. They described the object as oval-shaped and “definitely not a blimp or an airplane as we know it”. One of the mechanics continued taxiing the airplane while the other “watched the object go up into the clouds” where it left a clean, well-defined, round hole.

Around the same time, an office worker was in his office when he heard the radio chatter about the UAP (unidentified aerial phenomena). He walked from his office to a nearby gate in order to get a better view.

“I stood outside in the gate area not knowing what to think, just trying to figure out what it was. I knew no one would make a false call like that.”

The office worker, who was joined by another employee that had arrived at the gate to check out the craft, described the appearance of the unknown object as “elliptical sphere-like, dark metal”. He noted that the object rose “almost instantaneously”, departing so fast the he “thought he could see a kind of blurred effect” from the object’s rapid movement. He then called the operations center to report the sighting. By this time, United Airlines had also notified TSA and the United WHG Operations Center while more airport employees hurried around the airport to get a better view of the object.

Nearly a dozen more O’Hare employees witnessed the unusual sight that day. The object remained visible for several minutes before it suddenly bolted through thick clouds leaving a gaping clear hole in the cloud layer through which it passed. Witness described the object as being about 30 feet in diameter and hovering at around 1,900 feet (just below the cloud base). Several employees pointed out that United Airlines management had instructed them to write reports and draw pictures of what they had observed while stressing the importance of not talking about what they saw with anyone.

One employee told reporters: “I tend to be scientific by nature, and I don’t understand why aliens would hover over a busy airport, but I know that what I saw and what a lot of other people saw stood out very clearly, and it definitely was not an earthly aircraft.”

In the days that followed, news of the sighting leaked to the public by employees who were frustrated that their supervisors ignored their reports and insisted that they keep quiet about the event. According to one witness:

“Some of us are getting angry with this being hushed up with all the terrorism and TSA idiots hanging around. If we see a funny looking bag all hell breaks loose but park a funny silver thing a few hundred feet above a busy airport and everyone tries to hush it up. It just doesn’t make sense.”

Both United Airlines and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) denied anything unusual had happened at O’Hare that day. A few weeks after the incident, NPR reported:

“Officials at the airline say they have no knowledge of the incident, and the Federal Aviation Administration is not investigating.”

Their claims of ignorance would soon change.  After the Chicago Tribune began an investigation and filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, the FAA ordered an internal review of air-traffic tapes to comply with the Tribune’s request. As expected, the tapes revealed a call by a United Airlines supervisor to an FAA manager, reporting the mysterious elliptical-shaped craft “sitting motionless over Concourse C of the United Airlines terminal”. In addition, the Daily Record of Facility Operation for November 7, 2006 contained this note:

“Sue from united ramp tower called to inquire if we had seen a flying disc over the United terminal in the vicinity of Gate C17 at about one thousand feet.”

Deeper investigation into the incident revealed that, contrary to United Airlines and FAA claims, there had actually been much official and recorded talk about the event.  The following is the first recorded instance of the sighting.

4:30 PM United Zone Controller to FAA Area Supervisor in O’Hare Tower

O’Hare Tower: “Tower, this is Dave.”

United Controller: “Hey Dave, this is Sue in the United tower.”

O’Hare Tower: “Hey Sue”

United Controller: “Hey, did you see a flying disc out by C17?”

O’Hare Tower: “Oh, it starts Sue… A flying… you’re seeing flying discs?”

United Controller: “Well, that’s what a pilot in the ramp area at C17 told us. They saw some flying disc above them…

O’Hare Tower: “Come on Sue”

United Controller: “You didn’t see it?”

O’Hare Tower: “Hey, you guys been celebrating the holidays or anything like that? I haven’t seen anything Sue and if I did I wouldn’t admit to it…”

4:47 PM United Zone Controller to FAA Area Supervisor in O’Hare Tower

This conversation revealed that pictures had been taken of the object (no authenticated pictures have ever surfaced).

United Controller: “… There *was* a disc out there flying around”

O’Hare Tower: “There was a what?”

United Controller: “A disc”

O’Hare Tower: “A disc?”

United Controller: “Yeah”

O’Hare Tower: “OK, I’m sorry. What can I do for you?”

United Controller: “I’m sorry, there was… I told Dave there was a disc flying outside above Charley 17 and he thought I was pretty much high. But, um, I’m not high and I’m not drinking.”

O’Hare Tower: “Yeah”

United Controller: “So, someone got a picture of it. So if you guys see it out there…”

O’Hare Tower: “A disc, like a Frisbee?”

United Controller: “Like a UFO type thing”

O’Hare Tower: “Yeah, OK”

United Controller: “He got a picture of it.”

O’Hare Tower: “How, how, how high above Charley 17?”

United Controller: “Well, it was above our tower. So…”

And this recording confirmed the sighting once again.

United Controller: “Some of our employees.. I don’t know if you know anything about this, some of our pilots on the ground are reporting a UFO sighting at a thousand feet to the east side of the airport. Do you guys know anything about this?”

O’Hare Tower: “You know, the ramp tower called me I want to say about ten, fifteen minutes ago. We have not seen anything up here.”

United Controller: “OK”

O’Hare Tower: “And I guess she said it was around gate C17.”

Soon after the sighting, many more credible witnesses came forward and told their account of the strange object.  One former news anchor reported:

“I was picking up a friend, an American Airline cockpit officer who was flying in from Charles de Gaulle International Airport. His plane, scheduled for a 4:55 PM arrival time, was delayed because of the object… When I saw it from Mannheim, it appeared much paler, but as I moved closer to underneath it, it darkened. My impression is that it was highly reflective, with the upper part mirroring the lighter sky above it… I saw a fair number of people, even several on Mannheim, take photos with their cell phones or digital cameras… It was definitely an object, not a lenticular cloud or any other weather phenomenon… This was nothing conventional, and I frankly doubt whether it was something manmade. At its closest, it was no more than a quarter of a mile from me, and I saw it fly off. It was very clearly a controlled aircraft of some sort. I’m not willing to give my name [but] for the record, I’m a 52-year-old woman, former radio news anchor and reporter with an ABC affiliate, former chef and restaurant owner, with many hours in the air and experience with many types of aircraft.”

She later confirmed that many people around her had taken photos of the object:

“Granted, I was paying more attention to the sky than to the parking lot but there were easily several dozen people watching it at various points. I watched it in the parking lot for about ten minutes and pointed it out to a few people who stood with us and watched until the object left. I did see a number of people taking photos, both with cell phones and with digital cameras, of the object."

Another witness sighted the mysterious object near a runway observation area and made note of its unusual exit:

“There was a sudden and marked difference in the number of planes coming in. I did see it leave. It didn’t go quite straight up and from my angle I couldn’t see blue sky at the top of the hole… but it surely did leave a hole and it went from no movement to incredible speed in a split second.”

A bag loader (likely the initial witness) spoke about what he had witnessed:

“We were readying a load of late bags for a 727 when I saw what I thought was a widebody running off course out of the corner of my eye. When I looked up there, it was just sitting there, a gray, shiny thing pretty high up (more than 1,000 feet)… I looked up at the 727 cockpit and pointed to it. Then the crew saw it and was staring at it too. The pilot got on his radio and was waving his arms like he was going nuts over what he was seeing. We figured it was a fat disc, like an M&M, about 20 feet wide but it was hard to tell for sure because it was almost the same color as the clouds. If you looked away it was hard to find and focus again. One of our crew ran to his locker to get his cell phone to take a picture. It hung there moving really slightly from side to side for about another minute when we all felt our hair stand on end. It just shot straight into the clouds faster than anything we ever seen. It disturbed the clouds, like it made a big shockwave and we could see sunlight for a while… Everyone was talking about it for a few days and then the supervisors came and talked to all of us and said we can’t talk about this to anyone or we’d be fired. They said something about federal regulations and unauthorized reporting of false airspace breeches.

The FAA concluded that the sighting was caused by a weather phenomenon and no further investigation was conducted. O’Hare airport went on record saying the unusual sighting was lights reflecting off of the clouds. Meanwhile, O’Hare employees and dozens of other off-site witnesses say they know the difference between clouds and light reflection. As one mechanic noted in his official report:

“I am still in absolute wonder and amazement at what I saw that afternoon.”

I was a pilot for United Express and was based st Ohare in 2006.  I’ve never heard of that story in my life. I’m not saying it didn’t happen because I didn’t hear of it but I would think if there is much credibility to it it would’ve gotten around a little bit more. Granted, this is not the thing I would go out searching for information on  but I’ve never even heard it mentioned before. 

I absolutely believe there is other life out there. I don’t necessarily believe that they would be any more advanced than than we are.  

How come nobody ever thinks of aliens being a bunch of fucking hillbilly dumbasses or something? Why do they always have to be capable of bringing highly engineered flying equipment across the solar system or the universe to our planet?   When I think of aliens I think of some wormy looking motherfuckers crawling in the dirt on a faraway planet and dumber than a box of hammers. 

Team Earthlings!

12 hours ago, Chuychanga said:

I was a pilot for United Express and was based st Ohare in 2006.  I’ve never heard of that story in my life. I’m not saying it didn’t happen because I didn’t hear of it but I would think if there is much credibility to it it would’ve gotten around a little bit more. Granted, this is not the thing I would go out searching for information on  but I’ve never even heard it mentioned before. 

I absolutely believe there is other life out there. I don’t necessarily believe that they would be any more advanced than than we are.  

How come nobody ever thinks of aliens being a bunch of fucking hillbilly dumbasses or something? Why do they always have to be capable of bringing highly engineered flying equipment across the solar system or the universe to our planet?   When I think of aliens I think of some wormy looking motherfuckers crawling in the dirt on a faraway planet and dumber than a box of hammers. 

Team Earthlings!

If anything is out there, I think most people think there might be a bunch of fucking hillbilly dumbasses out there. But like humans, there might be a dichotomy of intelligence. While one might be a hillbilly dumbasses who touches his sister, there might also be a space engineer building a rocket. 

I believe that life exists in the universe outside of Earth.  I believe that one day, should mankind not destroy itself or otherwise limit the ceiling of what civilization can achieve, we will find so much of it, future history will look back on today as we look back on the rubes in Copernicus'/Galileo's time.  There was a time that people thought the only solar system in the universe that had planets was our sun.  lulz.

Whether or not extraterrestrial life has found or otherwise visited earth I can't say.  I'm agnostic on that topic.  I did enjoy reading The Day After Roswell.

18 hours ago, Chuychanga said:

I could say, I know it happened, but individual testimony is only useful when viewed as part of the collective.  And i'll leave it at that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_O'Hare_International_Airport_UFO_sighting

On 5/15/2018 at 12:34 PM, Macanudo said:

We're the Arkansas of the universe. 

I read a sci-fi story years ago about a planet that was invaded by space aliens, told from the perspective of the space alien invaders. They're getting frustrated with the inhabitants resiliency and cunning. As you read the story you realize that the planet is Earth and it was like the aliens had gotten involved in a land war in Asia. They had developed space travel but had failed to develop weapons. It was a pretty amusing story.

• Like 1

Lol @ the ORD story. People may have seen something; it wasn't an alien. The distances are far too vast even if we're looking for each other. So these big eyed lizards are folding space time; get all the way here and go lol just kidding. I've seen ufos at night. They weren't aliens; just couldn't make it out.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:14 PM, El Diablo said:

I read a sci-fi story years ago about a planet that was invaded by space aliens, told from the perspective of the space alien invaders. They're getting frustrated with the inhabitants resiliency and cunning. As you read the story you realize that the planet is Earth and it was like the aliens had gotten involved in a land war in Asia. They had developed space travel but had failed to develop weapons. It was a pretty amusing story.

I read one about aliens seeing us as meat sacks and confused about why/how meat could evolve to talk and think and the inherent limitations of meat. It made me feel pretty small thinking about how a pound of ground chuck on my cutting board is how an alien composed of pure energy or light or whatever would see us.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:14 PM, El Diablo said:

Sounds a bit like the Expeditionary Force series by Craig Alanson. Good series.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:59 AM, Doc Holliday said:

The one event that really has me curious about it all is the Battle of Los Angeles.   It couldn't have been a weather balloon if it couldn't be shot down.  What was it? I have no idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Los_Angeles

you need to start listening to skeptoid

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4171

Today we're going to turn the pages back to an American UFO story dating from World War II, the Battle of Los Angeles, when (according to modern lore) the United States Army and Navy battled a giant UFO hovering above the city of Los Angeles.

It was late February, 1942, less than three months after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Residents on the Western coast of the United States expected they were next, and so stood ready with hasty fortifications and kept their eyes on the sky.The crews manning the antiaircraft artillery batteries in Los Angeles had been trained, but lacked experience in actual combat. Only one day before, the Japanese submarine I-17 had surfaced off of Santa Barbara and fired 25 shells at some aviation fuel storage tanks, so the alert level was the highest it had ever been. An attack on Los Angeles was imminent.

Just after 2:00am on the morning of February 25, radar picked up a target off the coast. The antiaircraft batteries in Los Angeles were put on Green Alert, ready to fire. By 2:21am the radar target had approached closer, and a blackout was ordered. The radar lost contact with its target, and searchlight beams swept the sky for nearly half an hour. Then, reports of aircraft came in. Over Santa Monica, a balloon carrying a red flare was spotted, and the batteries opened fire at 3:06am. The Battle of Los Angeles was on.

For nearly an hour, batteries fired 1,430 rounds of antiaircraft artillery, raining eight and a half tons of shrapnel back down onto Los Angeles. But what did they see? What were they shooting at? Therein lies the rub. Many saw nothing. Some reported balloons. A few reported airplanes. CBS Radio called it a blimp. The moon had set at 2:30am, and sunrise was not until 6:30am; combined with the blackout, it was about as dark as dark can be. The only thing anyone could see was whatever the searchlights struck, which was smoke from the AAA bursts. The Office of Air Force History described the field reports as "hopelessly at variance". The most famous photograph, from the Los Angeles Times, shows a convergence of searchlights onto a single large cloud of smoke. Property damage from the shrapnel was widespread, and since no bombs were dropped and no evidence of enemy aircraft was ever discovered, demands for explanations and investigations followed: Both in a scathing editorial in the Los Angeles Times the following day, and from the White House.

Secretary of the Navy, Frank Knox, held a press conference that same day to state that it was a false alarm, that no aircraft had been involved, and that the entire incident had been an expensive case of jittery nerves. Chief of Staff George Marshall wrote a memo to President Roosevelt, stating the current understanding that airplanes may or may not have been involved, possibly as many as fifteen, possibly commercial aircraft, at various slow speeds. Given the lack of confirmation that any aircraft were present at all, Roosevelt's response was to ask the Secretary of War to clarify exactly who is authorized to order an air alarm.

And that's where the story was left for decades: a false alarm from the opening days of World War II: No mysteries, no strangeness, no aliens, no supernatural element. But of course, as you can guess, it did all eventually appear. It took more than 40 years, but UFO enthusiasts finally decorated the Battle of Los Angeles with some imaginative additions.

To understand how it happened, you first have to understand the Majestic 12 papers. In 1987, a group of UFOlogists, William L. Moore, Stanton Friedman, and Jaime Shandera, announced the existence of several government documents, classified as top secret, that purported to contain a 1947 order from President Harry Truman establishing a group called Majestic 12, an assortment of the usual Illuminati from government, business, and the military. Majestic 12 was charged with handling everything to do with extraterrestrial aliens.

Update: A much more complete and fascinating history of Majestic 12 is found in episode 528. - BD

Later, another UFOlogist, Tim Cooper, announced his own batch of secret Majestic 12 documents. Rival UFOlogists work together in the same way that rival Bigfoot hunters do: Not very nicely. Moore and his proponents launched into Cooper's documents, pointing out clues that prove them counterfeit; and Cooper and his proponents did the same to Moore's documents, revealing the flaws that disproved their authenticity. When infighting among adversarial bamboozlers does all the work revealing each others' hoaxes, it makes the legitimate investigator's job so much easier.

Among this tangled mess of hoax documents is a letter called the Marshall/Roosevelt Memo from March 5, 1942, stating that two unidentified aircraft were in fact recovered after the Battle of Los Angeles: One at sea, and one in the San Bernardino Mountains east of Los Angeles. It says in part:

This Headquarters has come to a determination that the mystery airplanes are in fact not earthly and according to secret intelligence sources they are in all probability of interplanetary origin.

The letter is, of course, properly scuffed up and smudged in the most realistic and dramatic fashion. A PDF of it is available for download from MajesticDocuments.com. Hilariously, page 2 of the PDF is an order form to purchase a wide range of UFO related documents, CDs, and books. Obviously, it's not legal to distribute actual top secret documents, and the fact that the FBI permits the availability of this (and the many others on MajesticDocuments.com) is a pretty good tipoff to the FBI's assessment of their authenticity. Skeptical investigator Philip Klass brought the documents' publication to the FBI's attention in 1988, and the FBI quickly concludedthat all the documents were fake. So download freely, and send in those order forms.

As far as I could determine, this letter's late-1980's appearance was the earliest reference to anything UFO related happening at the Battle of Los Angeles. Since then, of course, innumerable references have appeared on the web. Most UFO websites discuss the battle and show the picture from the LA Times, describing the cloud of AAA smoke in the searchlights as a "large craft". But this was not the contemporary identification. For more than 40 years, not a single person associated with the Battle of Los Angeles entertained any thoughts about extraterrestrial spacecraft or aliens, according to all available evidence (at least when you discard the hoaxed evidence). The alien spacecraft angle is purely a post-hoc invention by modern promoters of UFO mythology.

Modern UFOlogists seem to have forgotten what the "U" in UFO stands for: Unidentified. They tend to identify such objects as extraterrestrial spacecraft, for reasons known only to themselves; so they should really pick a new term. The Battle of Los Angeles was triggered by true UFO's: Something spotted in the sky that nobody was able to definitively identify. Most gunners reported never seeing anything at all, and simply fired at wherever they saw other air bursts. For this, the gun crews were officially reprimanded. The Office of Air Force History says in its 1983 report entitled The Army Air Forces in World War II:

A careful study of the evidence suggests that meteorological balloons — known to have been released over Los Angeles — may well have caused the initial alarm. This theory is supported by the fact that anti-aircraft artillery units were officially criticized for having wasted ammunition on targets which moved too slowly to have been airplanes. After the firing started, careful observation was difficult because of drifting smoke from shell bursts. The acting commander of the anti-aircraft artillery brigade in the area testified that he had first been convinced that he had seen fifteen planes in the air, but had quickly decided that he was seeing smoke. Competent correspondents like Ernie Pyle and Bill Henry witnessed the shooting and wrote that they were never able to make out an airplane.

But of course, to the conspiracy theorists and UFO believers, any report put forth by the Air Force is simply part of the conspiracy and not to be trusted. So let's play the devil's advocate and assume that interplanetary spacecraft were, in fact, shot down during the battle and recovered, and the government has full knowledge of it, as the UFOlogists expect us to believe. Then it becomes a question of how they were able to keep this a secret for more than 40 years: Retroactively change the newspaper accounts, change the radio reports, pay off or kill everyone who participated, pay off or kill everyone in Los Angeles who witnessed it, yet continue to allow the "top secret" confessions to be downloadable from the Internet; the proposition quickly becomes ludicrous.

An alternate explanation, supported by evidence, requires us to make no such absurd leaps of logic or pseudoscientific assumptions: That the Battle of Los Angeles was simply a case of jittery nerves, at a time when every single person in Los Angeles was living in daily fear for their lives from imminent Japanese attack. There is simply no need for the introduction of a paranormal element to explain it. Whenever you hear a tale from history that involves alien spacecraft or any other paranormal element, you should always be skeptical.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:35 PM, DaysOff said:

Lol @ the ORD story. People may have seen something; it wasn't an alien. The distances are far too vast even if we're looking for each other. So these big eyed lizards are folding space time; get all the way here and go lol just kidding. I've seen ufos at night. They weren't aliens; just couldn't make it out.

Define "alien".

PSA:  Don't toke up before bed, eat a plate of naochos, and watch an UFO documentary. 

Fucking indigestion and dreamt all night, tossed and turned, that I was in some alien drama and was recruited for the super secret space sector within the air force intelligence team.  Was recruited by General Twining at a young age, spent time doing special projects, and ended up on the moon base, working with friendlies to protect our planet.   Was eventually stationed on the USSS Forrestal (I think) and when I was sent back to earth for retirement, I woke up in bed to my alarm. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

That's actually not that far off from where most "accounts" of alien encounters come from.

I prefer something more along the lines of what PHD posted.  Give me an encounter with Farrah, Milana, or Alexandria where we are the only two alive, "forced" to have sex, and walk around scantily clad.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

That's actually not that far off from where most "accounts" of alien encounters come from.

If you examine descriptions first person experiences of acid trips (or, really any strong hallucinagen), temporal lobe seizures, sleep paralysis and alien encounters, you will likely see a good bit of similarities. 

• Like 1

in my dream, i get taken by the same dudes that snatched the hills, but when i wake up in the control room, it's 25-year old Linda Harrison and Ali MacGraw at the conn.

me: Your Highnesses, wtf?

Linda (in her uncorrected Down East accent): we just use these guys for cover.  Plus they are really good at eating pussy.

Ali: Take of your clothes and get erect.

Linda: Release the Blondes!

(a horde of James Bond girls encircle me, place me on the table, shackle me, and go to work)

Linda (stands up from the Captain's chair and approaches) I'm first! (as she mounts me)

fade to bright prismatic light

I wake up on a lonely stretch of an Arizona highway just outside of Snowflake.

On 5/14/2018 at 6:46 PM, Chuychanga said:

This. No doubt there is other life somewhere in our galaxy, and the universe. Whether or not that life is of intelligence and has visited Earth is another story. 

On 5/29/2018 at 9:02 AM, bernorange said:

If you examine descriptions first person experiences of acid trips (or, really any strong hallucinagen), temporal lobe seizures, sleep paralysis and alien encounters, you will likely see a good bit of similarities. 

Mental/Physical manipulation by aliens in the abduction process likely utilize similar pathways in the brain. 

I found out about this guy while watching a video on Amazon. In the Amazon video, he gives a more emotional testimony. Obviously not a happy camper and he seemed more reluctant and less open than in the below video which was made in 2013.

"he Travis Walton UFO incident was an alleged abduction of an American logger by a UFO on November 5, 1975, while working with a logging crew in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest near Snowflake, Arizona. Walton reappeared after a five-day search. The Walton case received mainstream publicity and remains one of the best-known alien abduction stories. Skeptics consider it a hoax.[1][2][3][4][5] Walton wrote a book about his purported abduction in 1978 called The Walton Experience, which was adapted into the film Fire in the Sky in 1993, written by Tracy Tormé.[6]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Walton_UFO_incident

you're presenting "Fire in the Sky" with a straight face?

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4094

There was one additional significant player in this cast of characters: The National Enquirertabloid newspaper, which had a long-standing $100,000 prize offered for proof that UFOs were extraterrestrial. The Enquirer advised the Waltons that if they could pass a lie detector test, they might qualify for a large payment. Travis and Duane were not very keen on this idea, so the Enquirer agreed to keep the results secret should they not pass. The Waltons agreed. The Enquirer engaged an examiner named McCarthy, who, unfortunately, described Travis and Duane's results as "the plainest case of lying he had seen in 20 years." Duane was heard shouting that "he'd kill the son of a bitch." 

What does a skeptical analysis of the Travis Walton episode tell us? Jerome Clark, the UFO editor, has said "After more than two decades, Walton's credibility survives intact. No shred of evidence yet brought forth against it withstands skeptical scrutiny." Well, this would be true, except that there simply isn't any evidence either way. Instead, there is a gaping lack of evidence. There were no injuries to Travis' shoulder from his violent throw in the blue light beam, there were no disturbances to the pine needles on the forest floor where it all happened, and the medical exams revealed nothing to indicate any trauma or malnutrition from his missing five days. Travis and his crew have had to rely only on polygraph tests, and then only on the cherrypicked positive results, ignoring the negative results. There is just as much polygraph evidence against the Walton case as there is supporting it. This self-contradictory nature is the reason why polygraph evidence is not legally admissible in court: Speaking strictly scientifically, it doesn't tell us anything.

The few bits and pieces of physical, testable evidence that Travis' story would have produced, if true, were never present. To summarize, there is, and never has been, any proof that anything ever happened. The far more plausible explanation, that of a youthful moneymaking or attention-getting scheme by a couple of UFO enthusiasts, has worked out well. To critically analyze a far-out, incredible story like an extraterrestrial abduction, the first request we make is to show us any evidence. And, at this first hurdle, the Travis Walton story has failed completely.

I don't know who McCarthy was or is or what his motives may have been but the "guy" in the video above and certainly the guy in the Amazon piece seems to be telling what he feels to be the truth.

And btw, who is Brian Dunning anyway? Just some guy who makes money off of telling people "the truth" so that they feel better about themselves?  Is he right sometimes? I guess. But, why believe him over Walton in this case?

If you know Brian Dunning at all, it's probably as the host of "Skeptoid," a podcast that debunks pseudoscience. Recent episodes have discussed UFOs, aliens, and free energy machines.

But for the last few years he's been fighting eBay and the FBI in court over allegations that he cheated the auction site out of $5.2 million in an ingenious "cookie stuffing" affiliate marketing scam.

Yesterday, he gave up that fight, and pleaded guilty to wire fraudin a California federal court. He faces 20 years in prison.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-this-man-cheated-ebay-out-of-5-million-and-now-faces-20-years-in-federal-prison-2013-4

Edited by Dolemite

On 5/14/2018 at 5:56 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

“We were readying a load of late bags for a 727 when I saw what I thought was a widebody running off course out of the corner of my eye. When I looked up there, it was just sitting there, a gray, shiny thing pretty high up (more than 1,000 feet)… I looked up at the 727 cockpit and pointed to it. Then the crew saw it and was staring at it too.

a united 727?  in 2006? 

story's bullshit.

• 2 years later...