9.27.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am

bigup2dahorns

Back row, 3rd from the right.  Kind of a dirtier, bustier, younger Parker Posey thing going on.  And then of course front row, far left for that wholesome look.  

What are we talking about?  Oh yeah, defense still has serious question marks and we're already 1/3rd through the season.  I knew we'd be porous but this is looking downright ugly.

Hope we get up for TCU.  It's not the OKL or ARK rivalry, but they have our number dialed in and we're fucking tired of it. 3-7 in our last 10 games with then (since the breakup of the SWC).  5 of those losses by double-digits, 4 by over two touchdowns.  Many of those ugly losses coming when the current roster was playing organized ball in middle school/high school.  They remember.  We remember.  Pepperidge Farms remembers.  

6 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

On LHN, Austin radio and www.texassports.com

Offense goes wild, defense work in progress, two weeks in a row of NOT PUNTING (first time ever)

21a1f29e-0aae-4181-9cd5-0f869960f40e-AEM

5783c333-2cef-42ef-86a3-90c88dac202f-AEM9d8edbf3-76bf-4da7-8e9f-fa4cf628771a-sss

004c8d3d-ea01-4aa8-98f7-af6a8a0c7145-sss

197f9087-796e-4be4-8612-5e0dde1c6f41-sss

07626364-3adb-42e5-a5e5-9cac8f1a9581-sss

ZVRN26OMVENPBNVWZVXBAAQQ2I.jpg

5c226097-db60-4923-8d80-b93bf64bb810-AEM

26ba9958-45a5-4a23-afa7-c0cf127ec84f-AEM

Horns crush Tech 70-35 and move to 3-1. Next up:

2020_21_Showgirls_Poster.jpg

x, x, x, x, 5, x, x, x, x, x

x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x

1, x, x, 3, 2, 4

FWIW---Matt Sarz seems to think OKL game will be announced later today as a 2:30p kickoff on ESPN.  Or it may also be held back as the networks' first use of the 6-day window option. 

Just now, Red Five said:

I thought that meant OK light.

OKL=Oklahoma 

OSU=Oklahoma State

BAY=Baylor 

TEX=Texas

TTU=Texas Tech 

TCU=Texas Christian 

WVU=West Virginia (appropriate since unlike OKL and KAN, their official school name is actually the West Virginia University, not the University of West Virginia)

KAN=Kansas

KSU=Kansas State 

ISU=Iowa State 

sorry for being so bizarre, but I thought these three letter initials for BIg XII schools have been pretty well esablished for 25 years.t

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't like it when people speak of an event time in their own timezone.  They should be talking about it in the timezone in which it is occurring.  /firstworldproblems

Most TV people solely use Eastern time, especially with CFB which has such set timeslots, to make talking about it easier.

I used to get a kick out of it as a kid when the TV announcer would say the show name and then say "Wednesdays, 9/8 central."  We were the only one of the 6 U.S. timezones that got a shout-out.  But yeah, I get why East Coast broadcasters quote sports time in ET.   

Here's hoping it's a 2:30p.  

As my friend Kramer once said before chugging a beer, "Here's to feeling good.  All the Central Time."  

Careful guys or that one guy is going to get pissy that we're talking about what time a future game is going to be. 

Mark me down as liking the 11am kickoff as well. Get in, breakfast of championship, drink some more, go into the Cotton Bowl. F waiting around all day. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I think 11am is more fun in person, 2:30p is better on TV.  Ah well, just killing time here until Sark comes on.  

There's a chance that Kansas is gonna be an 11am kickoff with the Gonzaga game in the afternoon.  That's a lot of early kickoffs.  KSU is one as well that's booked. 

Maybe OkieState will be a night game.  We could use a raucous atmosphere for that one.  

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Careful guys or that one guy is going to get pissy that we're talking about what time a future game is going to be. 

Mark me down as liking the 11am kickoff as well. Get in, breakfast of championship, drink some more, go into the Cotton Bowl. F waiting around all day. 

11 AM kick is especially nice when we win, that way all the inbreds take off right after the game to drive their homes back across the border, and Horn fans get the Fair all to ourselves until nightfall.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

I think 11am is more fun in person, 2:30p is better on TV.  Ah well, just killing time here until Sark comes on.  

There's a chance that Kansas is gonna be an 11am kickoff with the Gonzaga game in the afternoon.  That's a lot of early kickoffs.  KSU is one as well that's booked. 

Maybe OkieState will be a night game.  We could use a raucous atmosphere for that one.  

oSu is probably a Big Noon game as Fox hasn't had us yet and you know Joel and Gus love to come to Austin. Plus, if we beat OU, the whole setup with their pregame comes to town. 

Edited by mdmost

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Texas could be 4-2 or 5-1 and OK State could be 5-0 if they beat Baylor.  I hope Ok State is a night game for that one. 

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Norm will be happy that he has plenty of advanced notice of game-time.  "it's a schedule for human beings."

https://www.theunticket.com/ticket-25-roundtable-a-schedule-for-human-beings-8-27-19/

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

oSu is probably a Big Noon game as Fox hasn't had us yet and you know Joel and Gus love to come to Austin. Plus, if we beat OU, the whole setup with their pregame comes to town. 

Shit, good point.  FOX would love to pick that one up especially if we beat Oklahoma.  I think an undefeated Top 15 Oklahoma State is also a near guarantee.  Their pregame "gameday" is a nice bonus but fuck, that's a game we need a drunk and rowdy and full DKR with the illuminated Longhorn.  Not some half-assed morning kickoff.  that's easily our most challenging home game this season, we need all the extra help.  But Big Media gonna Big Media.  Our road games are gonna probably be all night games from here on out after TCU as BAY, WVU, ISU will all very likely have winning records and quite possibly ranked.  Meanwhile, our home games are all in the morning with 1/4 of the stadium empty and mostly sober and quiet.  Real nice. 

With only three league games that weekend, I doubt FOX exercises its 6-day window so we should know our OSU game exactly 7 days from this exact moment.  Although WVU & BAY suddenly has some implications given how well both are playing as of late.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Shit, good point.  FOX would love to pick that one up especially if we beat Oklahoma.  I think an undefeated Top 15 Oklahoma State is also a near guarantee.  Their pregame "gameday" is a nice bonus but fuck, that's a game we need a drunk and rowdy and full DKR with the illuminated Longhorn.  Not some half-assed morning kickoff.  that's easily our most challenging home game this season, we need all the extra help.  But Big Media gonna Big Media.  Our road games are gonna probably be all night games from here on out after TCU as BAY, WVU, ISU will all very likely have winning records and quite possibly ranked.  Meanwhile, our home games are all in the morning with 1/4 of the stadium empty and mostly sober and quiet.  Real nice. 

With only three league games that weekend, I doubt FOX exercises its 6-day window so we should know our OSU game exactly 7 days from this exact moment.  Although WVU & BAY suddenly has some implications given how well both are playing as of late.  

Depending on rankings,  OSU @ Texas looks like a sexy pick but so does BYU @ Baylor. 

FOX should go to Waco so they can start practicing for Big 12 marquee gamedays post-Texas/OU. 

• Haha 2

On LHN, Austin radio and www.texassports.com
Offense goes wild, defense work in progress, two weeks in a row of NOT PUNTING (first time ever)
21a1f29e-0aae-4181-9cd5-0f869960f40e-AEM_Texas_vs_Texas_Tech-3.JPG?crop=3599,2025,x0,y183&width=1320&height=740&format=pjpg&auto=webp
5783c333-2cef-42ef-86a3-90c88dac202f-AEM_Texas_vs_Texas_Tech-14.jpg?width=1320&height=880&format=pjpg&auto=webp9d8edbf3-76bf-4da7-8e9f-fa4cf628771a-sss_TechTexas0014.JPG?width=1320&height=880&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
004c8d3d-ea01-4aa8-98f7-af6a8a0c7145-sss_TechTexas0860.JPG?width=1320&height=880&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
197f9087-796e-4be4-8612-5e0dde1c6f41-sss_TechTexas3476.JPG?width=1320&height=880&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
07626364-3adb-42e5-a5e5-9cac8f1a9581-sss_TechTexas1847.JPG?width=1320&height=880&format=pjpg&auto=webp
ZVRN26OMVENPBNVWZVXBAAQQ2I.jpg
5c226097-db60-4923-8d80-b93bf64bb810-AEM_Texas_vs_Texas_Tech-13.jpg?width=1320&height=880&format=pjpg&auto=webp
26ba9958-45a5-4a23-afa7-c0cf127ec84f-AEM_Texas_vs_Texas_Tech-10.jpg?width=1320&height=880&format=pjpg&auto=webp
Horns crush Tech 70-35 and move to 3-1. Next up:

Fuck sakes froggy is still living in a pre me too world and I'm here for it. Literally the only thing I'll miss.

Edit- gonna take me all day to rank, I'm sure my colleagues will understand.

7 minutes ago, ousux said:

Fuck sakes froggy is still living in a pre me too world and I'm here for it. Literally the only thing I'll miss.

Edit- gonna take me all day to rank, I'm sure my colleagues will understand.

At least they are a racially inclusive group.

Edited by RPM
  • Haha 3