Texas/ou 11am on ABC

Pancho

On 10/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, gmr548 said:

OU giving between 3-7 feels right to be honest. They've looked like a slightly better team and generally deserve the benefit of the doubt given their success in the series and Big 12 under Riley. OU offense also got it together against Kansas State and Texas is bringing in a first-year starter at QB, which is basically a guaranteed loss in the RRS historically (some recent Riley QBs non-withstanding) when it only applies to one side. 

Peter Gardere, James Brown, Colt McCoy all say hi.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I would even consider the 2013 victory by Case McCoy to be his first as a true starter.  He attempted 24 passes in his three seasons prior against OU in shared duties, but his first clear start with 4Q of playing time against an OU team, he stepped up with 62% completion rate and 2 TD's.  I think Ash technically started 2011 and played most of it, though Case got some meaningful snaps after I think Ash had to leave for injury.  Same with 2012 but I think Case came in for Ash because David just had a crap-tastic start (44% completion rate with 2 picks).  

So that's 6 first-time starting QB's in the RRS who beat OU, just in the last ~30 years.  That's pretty good actually.  And we had some veteran QB's really shit the bed up in Dallas too.

Edited by Lobo

57 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Who cares? Texas fans concerned about TV ratings over game atmosphere on a huge recruiting weekend is so painfully on brand.

56 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I care because baseball playoffs are the one thing I will turn on over college football.  

Oops

38 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I would even consider the 2013 victory by Case McCoy to be his first as a true starter.  He attempted 24 passes in his three seasons prior against OU in shared duties, but his first clear start with 4Q of playing time against an OU team, he stepped up with 62% completion rate and 2 TD's.  I think Ash technically started 2011 and played most of it, though Case got some meaningful snaps after I think Ash had to leave for injury.  Same with 2012 but I think Case came in for Ash because David just had a crap-tastic start (44% completion rate with 2 picks).  

So that's 6 first-time starting QB's in the RRS who beat OU, just in the last ~30 years.  That's pretty good actually.  And we had some veteran QB's really shit the bed up in Dallas too.

Remember that time VY Destroyed OU?  That was some cool shit!

Edited by Horn Dogg

Whuh?  He beat them in 2005, but he lost in 2004 (which I think was his first start against them because I believe it was C. Mock that started in 2003).  He's a lot of things but a first-time starter defeating OU is not one of them.  Again, I'm foggy on the Ash/McCoy split in 2011 & 2012, but I think Ash started both but Case got significant reps.  But 2013, Case started, played the whole way, and handily defeated Oklahoma.  

Our first-time starters up there have actually fared much better than I would have guessed.  

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Who cares? Texas fans concerned about TV ratings over game atmosphere on a huge recruiting weekend is so painfully on brand.

This. Need the night game for a great atmosphere at DKR for the biggest recruiting weekend of the year. Not worth losing to OU to get it, but much rather have that OSU game at night. 

14 hours ago, Js1 said:

I care because baseball playoffs are the one thing I will turn on over college football.  

There are no words......

I too love the MLB Playoffs and my Astros but I have three TV's in the man cave so if I want to watch I can however I won't because college football is the greatest sport there is and only lasts about 3-1/2 months. I would rather watch SMU and Tulane than MLB playoffs.