Paid Engineering Internship - Pasadena TX

UT_OB1

We’re looking for a current or recently graduated ChemE or ME. If we get a current student, I’m assuming they wouldn’t be able to start until January, but we’d be able to start someone late October or November if available. It is paid.  We’re a small plant in Pasadena. They’d be a unit engineer intern, so a lot of time in the field around the units, herding jobs through on the rate/quality/cost once they learn how things go, help with small capex and maintenance projects. 

Position would run at least January to early August.  I prefer 6+ month intern/co-op positions as I feel that’s better for the student and the company. They actually get to meaningfully contribute by the end of it. 

For the mechanically inclined recent graduate, there is potential it could turn in to a long term job.  We allegedly might have a maintenance manager spot open up next year (I’m not saying I’m just saying type of thing).

PM me if you know someone and I’ll send you an email where they can send their resume. I will hit up the UT engineering office soon, but I thought Id try here too 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

We’re looking for a current or recently graduated ChemE or ME. If we get a current student, I’m assuming they wouldn’t be able to start until January, but we’d be able to start someone late October or November if available. It is paid.  We’re a small plant in Pasadena. They’d be a unit engineer intern, so a lot of time in the field around the units, herding jobs through on the rate/quality/cost once they learn how things go, help with small capex and maintenance projects. 

Position would run at least January to early August.  I prefer 6+ month intern/co-op positions as I feel that’s better for the student and the company. They actually get to meaningfully contribute by the end of it. 

For the mechanically inclined recent graduate, there is potential it could turn in to a long term job.  We allegedly might have a maintenance manager spot open up next year (I’m not saying I’m just saying type of thing).

PM me if you know someone and I’ll send you an email where they can send their resume. I will hit up the UT engineering office soon, but I thought Id try here too 

what rotating equipment do you have out there ?

6 minutes ago, EE2B said:

You guys would consider a new grad for a maintenance manager position? That’s a bold strategy….

Being that this is a public board, I’ll keep it short and say that we could upgrade that position in a lot of ways. I’d roll the dice on a recent graduate that spent a year working here that proved he or she could do it with a lot of help getting up to speed. 

12 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Is this the thread we post open engineering positions? I could use a quality engineer or ten. Good luck UT_OB1. Shit is hard out here for a gangsta. 

Hey, don’t come an steal my my ad space!  I paid tree fiddy for this!  Seriously though, I don’t mind if @immamac doesn’t. Good luck in your search too. And thanks for the banner Immamac. 

Edited by UT_OB1

Being that this is a public board, I’ll keep it short and say that we could upgrade that position in a lot of ways. I’d roll the dice on a recent graduate that spent a year working here that proved he or she could do it with a lot of help getting up to speed. 

Yea, I’m with you. If you have strong instrumentation and mechanical folks under them it could work. The tough part is finding a young engineer that can get the buy in of the “old folks” and get them to follow/work with him. Once they buy-in, you will be golden. It all hinges on finding that right person.

I’ve got a manager now that wants to put an IT intern into a process control engineer position and I had to explain to him why it’s not a good idea. The kid is smart enough, he’s just not the right fit for that position.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

What’s their night in the barrel?

Had to look that term up. No hazing. They do have to work with some…interesting operator personalities. For anyone that’s worked in a plant, you know what I mean. But it can be a bit of a cultural shock for a college student. I know it was for me. Did an 8 month continuous stretch in North Augusta SC. 

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

What kind of plant are we talking about?

Catalysts.