Chuck E. Cheese is terrible

Saint Austin

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

yep. we had one of these...and home video of me hiding under the table when the upper left bear came out to the audience.

man i havent seen these other characters in 25 yrs

Good luck sleeping tonight.

It's for kids.  If you show up as a 40 year old man expecting to be entertained, you are probably asking too much.  

Just had my 5 year old daughter's birthday party there.  It was fine.  Kids seemed to really have fun.

It was cheap (enough), kids had fun, a staff person took care of moving the party along etc and I didn't have to clean up my house after 12 kids destroyed it.  Meets my criteria.  Pizza still is bottom of the barrel though.  

Our local Chuck E. Cheese is in Beaumont.  During birthday parties they play some music and show a live video of the employees clapping along.  You could see the girl that took your money, the guy who served your food, etc. all up there clapping along.  Then they'd show the all-white kitchen help, who you didn't recognize and look toward the kitchen and see nothing because they weren't there, just inserted into the video to keep us whiteys comfy

When I was probably 10 years old, I went to a birthday party at Showbiz, and they had a guy walking around the arcade who would rain those little tokens down, like he was hansel dropping food.  I followed that guy around and collected probably $50 worth of tokens.  Fast forward to 11 year old me, the next time I could talk my parents into taking me to Showbiz in Lubbock and the place had fucking closed.  I held onto those tokens when I moved to Austin to go to UT.  One day several of us in the dorm were bored, and we figured the Showbiz tokens would work at the Chuck E Cheese, so we took those tokens down to the Chuck E Cheese at Ben White and First, and we proceeded to play one of those 4 person games, it might've been Ninja Turtles or one of the Gauntlet games or something, and we proceeded to play the entire game straight through.  Spent the whole wad in about 3 hours but we finished the game.  And filled up a Chuck E Cheese with Showbiz tokens.  That was fun.  That was also the last time I ever went into CEC, and I hope to keep that streak up til I die.

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

When I was probably 10 years old, I went to a birthday party at Showbiz, and they had a guy walking around the arcade who would rain those little tokens down, like he was hansel dropping food.  I followed that guy around and collected probably $50 worth of tokens.  Fast forward to 11 year old me, the next time I could talk my parents into taking me to Showbiz in Lubbock and the place had fucking closed.  I held onto those tokens when I moved to Austin to go to UT.  One day several of us in the dorm were bored, and we figured the Showbiz tokens would work at the Chuck E Cheese, so we took those tokens down to the Chuck E Cheese at Ben White and First, and we proceeded to play one of those 4 person games, it might've been Ninja Turtles or one of the Gauntlet games or something, and we proceeded to play the entire game straight through.  Spent the whole wad in about 3 hours but we finished the game.  And filled up a Chuck E Cheese with Showbiz tokens.  That was fun.  That was also the last time I ever went into CEC, and I hope to keep that streak up til I die.

that is awesome. probably spoiled some 11 yr olds day  when he couldnt play TMNT

If you live in west university there is good news and bad news. The good news is that the nasty ass Chuck E. Cheese at Wesleyan and bissonett is gtfo.  The bad news is torchys is taking the space. That might end up being a win if the torchys will put a bullet in Skeeters and we could get @ChampKind to open a bbq joint in that space.  I can put together financial backing champ!  

• 2 weeks later...

A co-worker admitted she worked at Chuck E Cheese during high school. Very surprising as she had a bitch personality. She said the worst part was wearing the Chuck E costume because it had never been cleaned and smelled bad especially the head. The tail was super-reinforced from being pulled off so many times and the kids treated Chuck E like a punching bag.

My buddy and I discussed her talking about her Chuck E Cheese experience. "When she got to the part about being treated like a punching bag, I felt happy." Me too, pal.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2018 at 2:27 PM, Sidney Sherman said:

Even D&B is kind of lame. I don't know where to find it, but an old school arcade and pinball place would be better than the modern games. They just don't have the same soul or skill in new age arcade.

Recess is pretty badass on 6th street for this type of stuff.

2 locations in Austin.  BYOB.  It has the soul of a Gold Mine.

https://www.pinballzarcade.com/

On 5/15/2018 at 12:19 PM, Tyler Durden said:

I imagine it would have to be for the lulz.  I have been thinking about Favoring food from a strip club to see if they do it.  

Ohhh.. Can you Favor a stripper to the house from the app??