Licorice Pizza - Paul Thomas Anderson

Don Johnson

On 11/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, Sbbruin said:

Funny thing is Amy Heckerling didn't notice that until post production, but decided to leave it to emphasize what a dork Rat was in getting it wrong.

Wait I thought it was Ron Johnson who put on Kashmir while they were driving to the dugout?

Funny thing is Amy Heckerling didn't notice that until post production, but decided to leave it to emphasize what a dork Rat was in getting it wrong.

Wait I thought it was Ron Johnson who put on Kashmir while they were driving to the dugout?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 7:39 PM, DanRydell said:

I very much enjoyed the general vibe of the movie and the performances were great but it was tough to get past the creepiness of the age gap

Did it remind you of Woody Allen in that way?  Because when I see a big age gap now it reminds me of something he would cast and it takes away from things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Caught this on a plane this week. Not a PTA aficionado, but probably makes more sense in the context of his canon. I couldn't really track with Haim as this massive beauty that captured the eye of every man that saw her.

Licorice Pizza : Fast Times :: Licorice Pizza : Tower Records.

I probably would have enjoyed it more a year ago, and it didn't feel like we were heading warp speed into the late 70s.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was going to be a "normal" PTA but it wasn't, which was great.  Hoffman is terrific.  Haim was good.  Like all the punch drunk love sisters rolled into one.

Holy shit, the dude with the Japanese wives scenes...

I don't know where it ranks with his others but I was pretty impressed.

Unrelated:  Reminded me of how the Doors have always tripped over their own dicks.  Peace Frog is the greatest fucking song. 

I mean, 50% of Peace Frog is the greatest fucking song.

Watched it on a plane and fucking loved it. Really funny and really well acted. The whole Bradley Cooper sequence killed me from beginning to end.

Alana Haim is distractingly unusual looking but she can pull off cute and sexy. I liked that the whole family was in it. I just saw them in concert a couple weeks ago and they were great. I want an Este Haim movie.

• 2 months later...