The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

Actually, that's pretty fitting for his character since he was a gladiator.

The Vespa chase was less Desperado Robert Rodriguez and more Spy Kids Robert Rodriguez which is not what I'm hoping for in this show. Kinda hoping the next episode involves Boba going Machete on the biker gang that killed the Sandpeople.  

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

The Vespa chase was less Desperado Robert Rodriguez and more Spy Kids Robert Rodriguez which is not what I'm hoping for in this show. Kinda hoping the next episode involves Boba going Machete on the biker gang that killed the Sandpeople.  

Agreed about the rainbow Vespa gang.  I'd like to see some El Mariachi Robert Rodriguez.

11 hours ago, veritas aequitas said:

I had high hopes for this based on the Mandalorian but I prefer the Mandalorian.

So far this show is hard for non star wars nerds. Boba looks like he's a hundred years old and is weak. I guess the sarlacc jacked him up, but how many of the 7 episodes are we going to burn with him being grandpa Boba? Every time he gets his ass kicked, he apologizes to whoever kicked his ass. Why the hell would there be hard feelings from Newbacca, when he kicked the shit out of Boba and the power rangers? Newbacca should either be part of Boba's crew or in the pit monster's stomach. The cgi is distracting. If they're going to be friendly PG Disney, then they probably should have picked a different character for a show. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I really liked the episode. The Black K scene was bad ass, but the Power Rangers handling him was a stretch. I think they’re setting up a Black K - Boba Alliance which is fine if Boba breaks bad, but I don’t want to watch a truly evil character in Black K to become a good guy. 

The Space Vespas looked regarded. I think Filoni came with an idea that would look cool in animation, but looks like shit in live action. 

Boba finally used the jet pack. Brief but very cool. 

That episode didn’t have a strong Filoni feel to it to me.

1 minute ago, Scary Stranger said:

I feel like that whole lame vespa chase was just a setup so RR could get the shot of the girl coming to a sideways stop and Boba jet pack landing in front of her. 

Ya know? When you put it like that I'm happier with it.

I am a mark for Star Wars though lol

On 1/13/2022 at 11:28 AM, mdmost said:

image.jpeg.bbc1efb2cb4c2bb4324b6f68c7ef2789.jpeg

Longer episode this week, I think we're done with flashbacks since there's not much else to cover. I dig the idea of Boba setting up an empire of bounty hunters who are tired of getting used as disposable assets.

The musical theme at the end of this week's episode has be very excited for the rest of the season. If it means what I think it means

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Longer episode this week, I think we're done with flashbacks since there's not much else to cover. I dig the idea of Boba setting up an empire of bounty hunters who are tired of getting used as disposable assets.

The musical theme at the end of this week's episode has be very excited for the rest of the season. If it means what I think it means

I liked that episode. 

On 1/13/2022 at 9:46 AM, Captainant said:

hah apparently the character's creator had his working name as "Newbacca" in his first draft when the character was intro'd

I used to hang out on a message board with that dude. Also, the guy who did Rogue One was on it.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:45 AM, mdmost said:

I hope we get a flashback to Boba going native on the biker gang.

Are you satisfied?

• Hook 'Em 2

Overall this show really makes me happy the Rangers of the New Republic was cancelled. It just isn’t as good as the Mandolorian, the mystery of Boba Fett was killed off. He doesn’t seem to have the gravitas that a famous killer notorious for disintegrating targets would have. The story makes little sense as he was a lean youngerish guy in the movies and now he comes out of the Sarlac pit older and fatter and slower and people seem to have forgotten about him. It looks like the timeline is too quick.

It now seems like the Fett armor was only out of his hands briefly. Which then calls into question how would people hear about how Marshall Olyphant being a Mandolorian. How did he forget he escaped with the armor on and was stripped by Jawas?

I thought his armor was Dura steel and not Beskar. Which now seems like it went from being relatively scarce to now fairly common. Even Bo Katan didn’t have Beskar, which is why Mando walked into a hail of laser bolts while the others stood back.

How does armor that is too small with too many gaps offer real protection? I appreciate the fixed scope on the rifle, but I do wonder why no one uses a stand/bipod for stability instead of their hand.

I guess that is why Fennic was the superior shot, because only she seemed to figure that out in the Mandolorian.

I did like Newbacca ripping the arm off.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Nivek said:

He doesn’t seem to have the gravitas that a famous killer notorious for disintegrating targets would have. The story makes little sense as he was a lean youngerish guy in the movies and now he comes out of the Sarlac pit older and fatter and slower and people seem to have forgotten about him. It looks like the timeline is too quick.

Latching on to an older actor who wasn't critical to the role was a huge mistake.  It was just a fun Easter Egg when he showed up in The Mandalorian but that painted them into a corner when they decided to make TBOBF.  I sure would've been second guessing that decision immediately.  Besides his inability to pull off walking in a straight line without looking like a nursing home patient, his demeanor doesn't fit the Boba Fett from the OG trilogy who had a sinister snark behind that mask and you knew he was always going to sit back and let things play out before shooting you in the back and emptying your pockets while you were still warm. 

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Overall this show really makes me happy the Rangers of the New Republic was cancelled. It just isn’t as good as the Mandolorian, the mystery of Boba Fett was killed off. He doesn’t seem to have the gravitas that a famous killer notorious for disintegrating targets would have. The story makes little sense as he was a lean youngerish guy in the movies and now he comes out of the Sarlac pit older and fatter and slower and people seem to have forgotten about him. It looks like the timeline is too quick.

It now seems like the Fett armor was only out of his hands briefly. Which then calls into question how would people hear about how Marshall Olyphant being a Mandolorian. How did he forget he escaped with the armor on and was stripped by Jawas?

I thought his armor was Dura steel and not Beskar. Which now seems like it went from being relatively scarce to now fairly common. Even Bo Katan didn’t have Beskar, which is why Mando walked into a hail of laser bolts while the others stood back.

How does armor that is too small with too many gaps offer real protection? I appreciate the fixed scope on the rifle, but I do wonder why no one uses a stand/bipod for stability instead of their hand.

I guess that is why Fennic was the superior shot, because only she seemed to figure that out in the Mandolorian.

Timeline-wise, I think it's been around 4-5 years since ROTJ and Fett said he was with the Tuskens for several years. 

Jango was a foundling like Djin and had a genuine set of Mando armor from his service as a Mandalorian Commando. And I'm pretty sure Bo Katan's armor was definitely beskar, since it had been passed down through several generations in her family

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Nivek said:

how do you feel about catapults 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2