The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

Spoiler. 
Spoiler

Internets are convinced Mando will appear in episode 5. 
I'd say there's a decent chance Cad Bane appears for the first time in live action in episode 6. Filoni is directing. 

No shit. They talked about hiring guns and then played the Mandalorian theme, of course he’s gonna be in it (and maybe some of his peeps). This isn’t exactly crack investigating by the Internet.

Mando:  meets various people throughout the season and then collects them into an A-team for a big mission

book of boba:  meets people throughout his travels (first two during mando seasons, now Wookiee).  Insinuation of purchasing the rest of the team. Big mission is to kill the pykes?  That’s more of a war than a mission. 

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

My years-later analysis on the prequels has landed on: good ideas with mostly terrible execution.

For all of George Lucas’ faults, I’ll give him this: he doesn’t re-tread his ideas. The storyline of the prequels was pretty much nothing like what anyone expected. It certainly wasn’t a re-tread of the OT, like the sequel trilogy ended up being.  I respect Lucas for coming up with original ideas and not do what people/fans were expecting.

I think if Lucas had let someone else put his ideas into screenplays and also direct, while he had more of a role like he did in ESB and ROTJ (overall idea man and oversee production, particularly VFX), I think the prequels could have been really special.  As it is, I think The Phantom Menace has actually aged quite well. Revenge of the Sith was a fun watch from the start. The only one that is just (still) completely awful in hindsight is Attack of the Clones. It’s just a terrible mess.

Agreed.

I do think Lucas made the movies he wanted to with the prequels.  I think they could have been executed better, and they do feel like rough first drafts, but they were his movies, and you nailed it - he didn't remake the original trilogy.

Abrams set out to make a bunch of fans happy, and he rehashed the OT and gave us a lightweight version of Star Wars that hit some highlights and made sure the same names were still around.  He did the same with Star Trek.  He stripped it down, gave us the main names, and called it a day.  That's why Rogue One felt so much better than the sequels - it was a fresh story (even if it was The Dirty Dozen at its core).

And Lucas was willing to let Filoni play all around his universe with the Clone Wars, which gave us The Mandalorian.  We could have easily gotten a Disney Boba Fett show (that would be quite different than what we have), but without Filoni doing his thing with Clone Wars, we don't get The Mandalorian.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Agreed.

I do think Lucas made the movies he wanted to with the prequels.  I think they could have been executed better, and they do feel like rough first drafts, but they were his movies, and you nailed it - he didn't remake the original trilogy.

Abrams set out to make a bunch of fans happy, and he rehashed the OT and gave us a lightweight version of Star Wars that hit some highlights and made sure the same names were still around.  He did the same with Star Trek.  He stripped it down, gave us the main names, and called it a day.  That's why Rogue One felt so much better than the sequels - it was a fresh story (even if it was The Dirty Dozen at its core).

And Lucas was willing to let Filoni play all around his universe with the Clone Wars, which gave us The Mandalorian.  We could have easily gotten a Disney Boba Fett show (that would be quite different than what we have), but without Filoni doing his thing with Clone Wars, we don't get The Mandalorian.

Yep.

J.J. Abrams is like a great George Lucas cover band.

Dave Filoni understands what Lucas was doing - crafting great stories using the palate of his youth (Samuri, Westerns, WWII movies) set in a Sci-Fi/Fantasy world.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/01/temuera-morrison-boba-fett-talks-too-much-1234692888/

The Disney+ series has made some polarizing creative choices, including those colorful motorcycles, but the biggest complaint from fans has been that Boba Fett speaks too much. Many fans see Boba Fett’s chattiness as a betrayal of what has made the mysterious character so beloved in the years since his appearance in “The Empire Strikes Back.” Now, Boba Fett actor Temuera Morrison has joined the list of fans who take issue with how often the titular character speaks.

10 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

My years-later analysis on the prequels has landed on: good ideas with mostly terrible execution.

For all of George Lucas’ faults, I’ll give him this: he doesn’t re-tread his ideas. The storyline of the prequels was pretty much nothing like what anyone expected. It certainly wasn’t a re-tread of the OT, like the sequel trilogy ended up being.  I respect Lucas for coming up with original ideas and not do what people/fans were expecting.

I think if Lucas had let someone else put his ideas into screenplays and also direct, while he had more of a role like he did in ESB and ROTJ (overall idea man and oversee production, particularly VFX), I think the prequels could have been really special.  As it is, I think The Phantom Menace has actually aged quite well. Revenge of the Sith was a fun watch from the start. The only one that is just (still) completely awful in hindsight is Attack of the Clones. It’s just a terrible mess.

Revenge of the Sith has some really solid action sequences. Of course some of the dialogue and progression is a bit off but it’s still the best of the prequels and it’s still stronger than any of the Sequel Trilogy movies.

As far as this show, it’s solid Star Wars content, but I miss season 1 Mandalorian when it felt like a new story with new characters separate from the original story. While last season was solid of course, I miss when Mandalorian wasn’t directly tied to characters from the animated shows. They still did a decent job of exploring new planets and general world-building. I get that the story here is Boba as the Daimyo of Tattoine, but damn I’m getting tired of seeing nothing but Tattoine. And then I dislike how Boba is constantly needing to heal in the Bacta Tank after minimal combat, while in the Mandalorian, he practically single-handedly wiped out a platoon of Storm Troopers. I wanna see more badass Boba Fett and less talking Boba Fett. I suspect that’s where this is headed once he recruits Pedro Pascal as was hinted at the end of this episode and goes to war with the Pikes.

30 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

I get that the story here is Boba as the Daimyo of Tattoine, but damn I’m getting tired of seeing nothing but Tattoine. And then I dislike how Boba is constantly needing to heal in the Bacta Tank after minimal combat, while in the Mandalorian, he practically single-handedly wiped out a platoon of Storm Troopers. I wanna see more badass Boba Fett and less talking Boba Fett. I suspect that’s where this is headed once he recruits Pedro Pascal as was hinted at the end of this episode and goes to war with the Pikes.

For what it's worth, fennec said "you're fully healed now", and on the flashback said he needed a bacta tank to repair the damage from the sarlacc - so here's hoping we're done with him being in the tank so much. It was mainly a plot device to service the flashback sequences and we're done with those now too

I'm hoping this turns into the underworld crime lord story that was promised. Jabbas seat of power was Tatooine, but he traveled all over the place all the time (in the comics)

I think there's been a surprising amount of negatively towards the show for not being as good as Mando, but I've really enjoyed every episode so far. Nitpicks and slow speed chases aside.

I trust Filoni's vision, but he doesn't bat 1.000. TCW certainly has some missteps too, but is basically the seed of all the current stories. Really interested to see the Kenobi series, knowing how constrained the story is by the comics

• Hook 'Em 4

Currently in the middle of Ep 4.

Boba is the least interesting character in this show. No personality, no skills, naive, and stupid. Why does he want to be a crime boss if he has no interest in, you know, crime?

He just told the little droid “Do…you know…who…I am?!? I’m Boba Fett!” Such a stupid line. He’s the dumb ass kid who believes he’s the most popular kid in school in his own head. No one knows you boba because you’re an inconsequential bitch who’s never done a goddamn thing. You even had to have Vader capture Solo for you and you continue get bailed out by everyone around you.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

For what it's worth, fennec said "you're fully healed now", and on the flashback said he needed a bacta tank to repair the damage from the sarlacc - so here's hoping we're done with him being in the tank so much.

I believe it was the medical droid that said that to him, but for the most part, yeah.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Currently in the middle of Ep 4.

Boba is the least interesting character in this show. No personality, no skills, naive, and stupid. Why does he want to be a crime boss if he has no interest in, you know, crime?

He just told the little droid “Do…you know…who…I am?!? I’m Boba Fett!” Such a stupid line. He’s the dumb ass kid who believes he’s the most popular kid in school in his own head. No one knows you boba because you’re an inconsequential bitch who’s never done a goddamn thing. You even had to have Vader capture Solo for you and you continue get bailed out by everyone around you.

Supposedly he was a well known bounty hunter that caught the attention of Vader/Empire.   Clone-Wars Boba was a bit more accomplished than the one we saw in film.  So his name should hold some weight.   Vader hired him to help trap Luke, not to capture Solo.  It seems that Fett assisted on that front and was told to fuck off by Vader after he got Solo.  It was Vader that failed the trap, or that the trap was too basic for Luke at that stage.  

It seems his mortality has somehow escaped him to this point.  So maybe that is why he has gone softish, but the inconsistency in his actions with on the Mandolorian and here is a bit of the problem with the show.  He walks in and murders Bib for no real reason, and then hesitates to kill others.   And it is obvious he was played by the Pikes.   Fennic commented on that as well, but I suppose not leaving loose ends is part of the deal.  He should have invited everyone to talk but they should have fed the Mayor to the rancor.  Also keeping the wookie on as a paid member of his team would have only helped his prestige.   

Ah well.  I just hope we don't get the Martel sisters.

Hold on a minute. We really have someone questioning Boba's skills as a bounty hunter? Boba Fett in Empire tracked down the MF when the entire Imperial fleet could not. He then followed them towards Bespin and signaled for Vader to conspicuously drop in and lay the trap. Fett didn't need anyone to help him catch Han. The entire plot point for finding the MF was to find and torture Luke's friends to bring him to Vader and either take Luke to the Emperor or offer him the deal to betray the Emperor. Fett then got Han as payment since the price on Han's head from Jabba was massive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

This kinder, gentler Boba would have made a bit more sense if they had included scenes with him bonding more with the kid Tuscan, finding his dead body, and then grieving/rage afterwards.  

Him laying waste to the biker gang with Slave 1 was completely on point with what I would expect from Boba.  But him playing doggie with the Bantha is a bit too much for me.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fucking awesome episode. Incredible to get the background of the fall of Mandalore and the empires base delta zero of the planet.

So glad the armorer make a comeback, she's an awesome character. The Mandalorian shit is awesome. Even if they're a little bit nutty lol.

Also, that space station halo thing is a fucking cool new location for Star Wars. Wasn't expecting to see the Star Tours bot lol

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Episode 5 > Book of Boba Fett. That was awesome.

Makes me wonder if Mando somehow becomes a Jedi.

So putting on my nerd hat.... Bo Katan is close to Sabine Wren, who was trained by Ashoka to wield the Darksaber. Mando needs saber training, and needs to get back to Mandalore to do his penance ritual.

Sabine has Ezra's lightsaber still (or did at the end of rebels) and like Bo Katan, wants to restore Mandalore.

I'm betting we're gonna see more saber wielding mandalorians in Mando S3

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

what did the armorer make for grogu? beskar chain-mail? the spear was shown, then hammered, then little chain links fell. followed by the wrapping up of that little sack.

edit: I had read that mando was getting an N1 starfighter in this episode as a rumor and thought it was dumb, mando in a shiny new sleek fighter made no sense. Now a junkyard hot rodded supercharger sticking out of the hood N1 missing panels showing the internals...... yeah that thing is fucking dope.

Edited by cam4mav
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

what did the armorer make for grogu? beskar chain-mail? the spear was shown, then hammered, then little chain links fell. followed by the wrapping up of that little sack.

edit: I had read that mando was getting an N1 starfighter in this episode as a rumor and thought it was dumb, mando in a shiny new sleek fighter made no sense. Now a junkyard hot rodded supercharger sticking out of the hood N1 missing panels showing the internals...... yeah that thing is fucking dope.

And the droid receptacle was hollowed out and given its own canopy for living organisms.  Just the perfect size for Grogu.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just watched.

Fucking A.

Burning questions/thoughts:

• We gonna get to see Luke and Grogu again? Seems like Grogu is a given, Luke maybe? Other OT characters? Maybe Leia or Han? Young Ben Solo? I think we are supposed to be like 5-8 years after ROTJ at this point? So he may just be a baby or a toddler, I don’t recall the exact timing.
  • Certainly seems like they are setting up Mando season 3 to be a full on Mandalorian lore season. Moar Bo Kotan and hopefully Sabine Wren?
  • The modified N1 is fucking badass. I wonder if his “little friend” will end up sitting in the droid hatch that’s now another crew compartment?
  • Seems like the end game of this series is war with Pykes then we’re done with Boba?

• Hook 'Em 1

Surprised he didn’t say “now this is pod racing!” while flying through the canyon. 

Many defend the filler episodes, but when we only get 6 or 8 then have to wait a year, why can’t most of them be bad ass like this? Filoni and Favreau know what we will like. My bingo card for the rest of the season is a Han-Boba encounter, a Jedi, and the death of grandpa Jar Jar Binks.