OU sucks game week.

Wulaw Horn

14 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Ok, if you are predicting a TEXAS Win on Saturday how do the Horns get it done??

Guess I've got a little Saty mood going, but I keep seeing too many reasons for a fuckin' blOU victory...

• blOU O-line slightly > UT D-line
  • blOU rush offense should have good success against UT DE's and LB's
  • blOU WR/TE better than UT DB/LB's
  • Terrible pass rush for UT
  • blOU D-line better than UT O-line
  • blOU Defense much better at creating negative plays
  • blOU pass rush should dominate UT in 3rd and long situations
  • blOU secondary about even vs UT WR/TE
  • blOU FG Kicker better than Dicker
  • UT GOT BIJAN
  • UT punt/kickoff return units are better

Seems like this will have to be SARK's most aggressive offensive game plan that he's had at TEXAS so far.  I expect the RB's and TE's to be much more involved in the passing offense. Horns will need to win the turnover battle, steal some points somehow on Special Teams, and Casey and WRs are gonna have to ballout.  Maybe Rattler will help by playing really poorly too...

O/U at 63pts seems low for this game imo

OU struggled vs. kSU. Struggled vs. WVU (who TTU just beat).  OU has struggled to put anyone away all season.  We are going to Cornhole them this weekend and put an end to the stretch they've been on for ever now...  

This weekend marks the beginning of Texas reestablishing its ownership of the rivalry.  And just in time before stepping into the SEC.  It's time to remind both OU and TAM who their daddy is.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Can we bring in the tapist to give a pregame locker room speech? spacer.png

I loved those gold-trimmed jerseys for that game. I wish that it was the team who won the previous year gets the gold trim on the next year's jersey.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

There definitely was a players only meeting where they bitched at each other, and Brandon Drumm is definitely trying to downplay it to his board

That screenshot might have some inaccuracies though 

The only players only meeting I wanna hear about is one where the UT players decide to kick OU’s shit in.

1 hour ago, Gaffords said:

OU struggled vs. kSU. Struggled vs. WVU (who TTU just beat).  OU has struggled to put anyone away all season.  We are going to Cornhole them this weekend and put an end to the stretch they've been on for ever now...  

This weekend marks the beginning of Texas reestablishing its ownership of the rivalry.  And just in time before stepping into the SEC.  It's time to remind both OU and TAM who their daddy is.

Yeah, but those shit stains had two losses already last year when we met them in Dallas.  Texas tried to give the game away, then ou tried to give it right back and then Texas gave it back to them, but it was a slow give back.

Such a strange game, but more so on this game than either of the other losses had me pissed at Herman.  Despite being close games both TCU and Iowa State games had Texas with the ball late with control of its own destiny with very little in the way of gamesmanship or scoring strategy required, not unlike the last Texas drive in last week's game, but Texas could not close the deal.

But last year's ou game, Texas had two opportunities to go for two and end it.  I'm sure this has been discussed, but the defense was gassed and Texas had ou sux on the ropes and did not take advantage of the situation.  Normally I would have played the strategy Texas chose, but it was pretty obvious what was needed and Texas (turtle Tom) did not do it. Such a waste.

ou is a quality program and I do not see dominance coming from either team for more than a few years at a time unless one team goes into wandering in the dark for a decade or so.  Texas has done that, and now its ou's turn.  Texas is 10-14 v, ou in the last 24 games and 15-16-1 going back to 1989.  (using selected Texas streaks as the start date to make the numbers better for Texas and not counting the conference championship game).  These number would look worse if started on an ou streak.  The point is, Texas needs to go on a streak and then Riley needs to move onto the NFL, and ou needs to hire Jimbo.

5 hours ago, South Austin said:

The 2015 game was also a head-scratcher, maybe even more so than 2013.  We're 1-4 under Coach Potato, and the week before OU we get throttled 50-7 in Fort Worth.  OU again was undefeated.  We beat the Bacon Mayfield-led Sooners 24-17. 

I have never been more sure that we were going to lose a game. As I recall, shaggy's OU pre-game threads were short and extremely pessimistic.

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Yeah, but those shit stains had two losses already last year when we met them in Dallas.  Texas tried to give the game away, then ou tried to give it right back and then Texas gave it back to them, but it was a slow give back.

Such a strange game, but more so on this game than either of the other losses had me pissed at Herman.  Despite being close games both TCU and Iowa State games had Texas with the ball late with control of its own destiny with very little in the way of gamesmanship or scoring strategy required, not unlike the last Texas drive in last week's game, but Texas could not close the deal.

But last year's ou game, Texas had two opportunities to go for two and end it.  I'm sure this has been discussed, but the defense was gassed and Texas had ou sux on the ropes and did not take advantage of the situation.  Normally I would have played the strategy Texas chose, but it was pretty obvious what was needed and Texas (turtle Tom) did not do it. Such a waste.

ou is a quality program and I do not see dominance coming from either team for more than a few years at a time unless one team goes into wandering in the dark for a decade or so.  Texas has done that, and now its ou's turn.  Texas is 10-14 v, ou in the last 24 games and 15-16-1 going back to 1989.  (using selected Texas streaks as the start date to make the numbers better for Texas and not counting the conference championship game).  These number would look worse if started on an ou streak.  The point is, Texas needs to go on a streak and then Riley needs to move onto the NFL, and ou needs to hire Jimbo.

You think either of these guys are going to be employable after Sark gets done with them? 

shaq-shaquill-oneal.gif

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

This is one of the very few rivalries where you can disregard how the season gone for either team so far, because 0-5 or 5-0 doesn't mean shit when the cotton bowl rolls around...  Lot of fans say that about their own rivalry games, but this one of very few rivalries that has a long history of the underdog fucking up the favored.

There is no reality in which OU hires Jimbo fuckface fisher. I know its fun to dream about him torpedo'ing 3 teams in a row with a final coffin into OU but its just not happening. 

If Riley actually went to the NFL they'd

1. promote Grinch , likely fails but they have some good experience with promotions 

2. try to hire mark stoops out of kentucky  , probably says no to stay out of his brothers shadow 

3. hire some other under the radar asshole like Napier who kicks everyones ass (again)

personally i hope he does bail and they hire outside because the odds of getting 3 good corches in a row is really unlikely, but its fucking OU and Texas just isn't going to get lucky with 2 of 3 rivals being headed by ineptitude 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

21 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

There is no reality in which OU hires Jimbo fuckface fisher. I know its fun to dream about him torpedo'ing 3 teams in a row with a final coffin into OU but its just not happening. 

If Riley actually went to the NFL they'd

1. promote Grinch , likely fails but they have some good experience with promotions 

2. try to hire mark stoops out of kentucky  , probably says no to stay out of his brothers shadow 

3. hire some other under the radar asshole like Napier who kicks everyones ass (again)

personally i hope he does bail and they hire outside because the odds of getting 3 good corches in a row is really unlikely, but its fucking OU and Texas just isn't going to get lucky with 2 of 3 rivals being headed by ineptitude 

Who said anything about reality.  I was just trying to be topical.  My true wish for them is to bring Fanchione out of retirement.

7 hours ago, South Austin said:

The 2015 game was also a head-scratcher, maybe even more so than 2013.  We're 1-4 under Coach Potato, and the week before OU we get throttled 50-7 in Fort Worth.  OU again was undefeated.  We beat the Bacon Mayfield-led Sooners 24-17. 

And unlike the 2013 team that went on a winning streak after the OU game to finish the season with 8 wins, the 2015 team ended up 5-7, which included the inexcusable shutout at Ames.

Not a win - but 2017 was an interesting one.

First year Herman with his worst team plays what ended up being probably the best OU team of the past 20 years to 5 points - and it was 23-17 after 3. 

Although OU already had lost that season coming in - they ended up being really good down the stretch. Couple different bounces and we hang a 2nd loss on them and keep them out of the playoff.