I For One Welcome Our Calimari Overlords

Robin Masters

Well maybe not. Everytime I am in Spain I eat the shit out of chipirones. That's fried baby squid, the master race may not approve.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/958247/alien-octopuses-cephalopods-earth-outer-space-aliens-cryopreserved-eggs-cambrian-explosion

Science news: Octopuses came to Earth from space as frozen eggs millions of years ago

The genome of the Octopus shows a staggering level of complexity with 33,000 protein-coding genes more than is present in Homo sapiens.

Its large brain and sophisticated nervous system, camera-like eyes, flexible bodies, instantaneous camouflage via the ability to switch colour and shape are just a few of the striking features that appear suddenly on the evolutionary scene. 

One plausible explanation, in our view, is that the new genes are likely new extraterrestrial imports to Earth - most plausibly as an already coherent group of functioning genes within (say) cryopreserved and matrix protected fertilized Octopus eggs.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...