Free Astros Playoff tickets

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

Driving in from Austin to see tonight's game.  As I mentioned to @Wulaw Horn privately yesterday, I have not been to an Astros game since they played the Dave Parker and Willie Stargell era Pirates in the Astrodome.

What do folks recommend for parking near the stadium.  Heading north afterward, so I was thinking of stopping at Baileson (near Rice campus) beforehand, but it seems I'll just have to drive some more.  So, Flying Saucer or Craft Beer Cellar might be better logistical options.  Thinking of having 1-2 craft brews at a reasonable price before heading in to the stadium for $47 bud lights.

I welcome the wisdom/experience of folks here.  Thanks!

You gave a ticket to this guy? /sarcasmandjealousy

Edited by StassneyHorn

On 10/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Dude- you won. You must not pay attention to your at's.  

For full clarity here are the winners

1) @Walte464

2) @Kneecase

3) @dhornf

4) @TexasAlpha

5) @Honeysucklerose

6) @Tex48

You’ve got one job tonight @Walte464 and that’s to bring home a win. @Tex48will be rooting against you, but I’m sure he will take one for the team if it means we advance. 

• Like 1

@Wulaw Horn I drank the bars empty, i appreciate it so much. We’re on to the World Series, this was the best view to see before going to the game. Hook em horns and we’re onto the big one. At this point, trying to find my way into a clinching World Series game and get us another one.

E493596F-BA46-4CA6-A348-902469DE9C2E.jpeg

Edited by Walte464
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

On 10/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Dude- you won. You must not pay attention to your at's.  

For full clarity here are the winners

1) @Walte464

2) @Kneecase

3) @dhornf

4) @TexasAlpha

5) @Honeysucklerose

6) @Tex48

Ok. Walt has already gone. @Kneecasehas 2 for game 1. @dhornfhas two for game 2, @TexasAlphahas two for game 6 and @Honeysucklerosehas 2 for game 7. 
if any of them can’t go @Tex48is in the on deck circle. 
good luck to all of you. If you each do your part as well as @Walte464did we will be celebrating a parade in a couple weeks. 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 7:02 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s exactly what happened. Nobody was disadvantaged by not checking the thread. I had everyone’s name written down with a corresponding number on a list and then had people here call out numbers so that it was truly random and I wasn’t influenced by who I might like, dislike or not know. 
I haven’t heard from a couple people yet, so it’s possible scheduling conflicts could allow me to pick some more names. 

Oh no, that's not I was saying at all. I was very happy to be in with a chance. Thanks!!

Ok. This is a long shot but… I might have 1 ticket tomorrow night next to me. Here’s the deal/ upper deck- section 416- row 6. Won’t know if this a thing or not tomorrow until 5. If it is I will post the opportunity and we can meet up before the game and walk you in. First come first serve tomorrow at 5:00. 
If it’s not going to happen will let you know it won’t happen as soon as I know. If I say it’s going to happen first come first serve. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Ok. This is a long shot but… I might have 1 ticket tomorrow night next to me. Here’s the deal/ upper deck- section 416- row 6. Won’t know if this a thing or not tomorrow until 5. If it is I will post the opportunity and we can meet up before the game and walk you in. First come first serve tomorrow at 5:00. 
If it’s not going to happen will let you know it won’t happen as soon as I know. If I say it’s going to happen first come first serve. 

First come first serve as in first to post or first to meet you near the stadium??

So, should I go to game 7 if it happens or should I sell. Not great seats but upper deck. Think I can make $1200 or so selling the last 2. Or I could go with who the hell knows who (my wife and son don’t like baseball- my dad has a Tramatic Brain injury and can’t handle it and I can’t imagine wanting to take a client to something this important and having to make small talk etc, what should I do?

Sell?

take a degenerate from here?  
trade ticket to someone’s sugar baby leftover from the HTown crew for services promised?  

Edited by Wulaw Horn

14 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, should I go to game 7 if it happens or should I sell. Not great seats but upper deck. Think I can make $1200 or so selling the last 2. Or I could go with who the hell knows who (my wife and son don’t like baseball- my dad has a Tramatic Brain injury and can’t handle it and I can’t imagine wanting to take a client to something this important and having to make small talk etc, what should I do?

Sell?

trade ticket to someone’s sugar baby leftover from the HTown crew for services promised?  

GO!! GO!!! The chance to see a World Series clinching gm 7 at home is a very special occasion and something you don't want to regret having tickets to that you sold.

I will be there in SRO flying solo, *if necessary of course. Bought a single ticket on tickpick just now.

I suggest you either offer it up to someone here at face value or selling one of them on TickPick or StubHub and then heading into SRO with the crazies....get drunk be loud and give stranger high fives. If you can't find a good view from the concourse, you always have your seat as well. 

14 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sell?

@Wulaw Horn Pls take me.  I won't make any bs small talk.  

2 hours ago, Honeysucklerose said:

It doesn't look like my game 7 is gonna happen, but I want to say thank you Wu Law for your generosity, man. Not many people would do what you did.

Sorry you didn’t get the tix man. 
Want to thank @Scipiomy partner in crime. We gave away $5500 worth of tickets this post season. 
we plan to give away a similar amount of money in burnt Endz tickets to the tight end camp if that happens (hat tip to @RGBIIIAnd @immamacfor all their great work on burnt Endz). 
if you or someone you know need a mortgage we’d appreciate the opportunity to see if we can help you- but we just Libe this community and want to help). Don’t forget- we are going to give away tickets during the season. Ext year/ you literally get first choice on whatever game you want in the 22 season 

• Hook 'Em 3