Who will win: Yankees vs Red Sox

shadow_operative

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/21 at 11:45 PM

16 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Wish I knew this last night.  A-rod is just a beating.

I started with the statcast broadcast and wondered for a minute why people were griping about A-Rod and Vasgersian.  But this one had Eduardo Perez who is just hard to listen to. He doesn’t say dumb stuff as much as A-Rod, but his voice is terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Here we go I just had to keep digging to find angry Turturro.

I guess it's fitting a former Astro caused this meltdown hahah #priceless

I would love to go all in on the Agent Nevin angle, because I LOVE it when the Astros shatter Yankee dreams, but Nevin never did, and still doesn’t feel like an Astro. 

57 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I would love to go all in on the Agent Nevin angle, because I LOVE it when the Astros shatter Yankee dreams, but Nevin never did, and still doesn’t feel like an Astro. 

Yeah it's a stretch since he only had like 60 at bats as an Astro before they traded him to Detroit and he's definitely wearing a Padre cap in the Hall of Mediocre but we did draft him #1 overall.  Sure would have been nice had he signed with the Dodgers and not gone to be the Cal State Fullerton punter and kicker.  Who knows the Titans might still play football.

Edited by Pimphand

38 minutes ago, kevwun said:

My theory is that they thought they could improve on what was close to perfection and ended up fucking it up.  Not that he sucks now, but he's not the guy they gave 324 million to.

Cole is still a top 5 pitcher. For now. But his trajectory is going the wrong way. He might miss Strom. His catchers certainly aren’t as good. I think the crackdown on the sticky stuff has had the biggest effect. His numbers took a significant hit since enforcement began. 

When he was at his best, he was throwing his fastball for strikes around the knees.  That 98 or 99 mph fastball at the knees combined with his curve thrown in the bottom half of the zone made him pretty much unhittable.  He got in trouble last night with pitches way up in the zone.  Sanchez definitely doesn't help.  No one wants to bounce a curve in the dirt with runners on when their catcher sucks at catching.

Edited by kevwun

11 minutes ago, kevwun said:

When he was at his best, he was throwing his fastball for strikes around the knees.  That 98 or 99 mph fastball at the knees combined with his curve thrown in the bottom half of the zone made him pretty much unhittable.  He got in trouble last night with pitches way up in the zone.

So his control has gotten worse?  Is it just a coincidence that that happened after the league started cracking down on sticky stuff that helps with control or not?

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Either he or the Yankees messed with his delivery as soon as he signed with them.  I think it's a big reason he's never been as good for them as he was with Astros.

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

517ADE3B-6B7F-4C35-8302-199842170FDB.thumb.jpeg.300d14e071ff1e4f8b5f7065d0b96a7f.jpeg1F362478-9E56-41FA-A312-714AB08800FC.jpeg.8b24d787084071089031f48599d1fbef.jpeg

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

My theory is that they thought they could improve on what was close to perfection and ended up fucking it up.  Not that he sucks now, but he's not the guy they gave 324 million to.

20 minutes ago, txhorns said:

So his control has gotten worse?  Is it just a coincidence that that happened after the league started cracking down on sticky stuff that helps with control or not?

Jesus it’s not that complicated. Cole hasn’t been the same since the hammy injury. There’s something about the way he throws his curveball that seems to hurt his hamstring. He’s been shy to throw it ever since the injury. He was still electric after the spider tack crackdown (member the CG shutout vs Houston? I member). It’s the hamstring. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Hey Aaron, the league hasn’t closed the gap, they’ve widened it. 

A gap? They’ve won in 1 WS this century. They are 43-58 in the last 20 years in the playoffs when they aren’t playing the damn Minnesota Twins.  

The only gap he’ll see is on his resume in a few days. Fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

A gap? They’ve won in 1 WS this century. They are 43-58 in the last 20 years in the playoffs when they aren’t playing the damn Minnesota Twins.  

The only gap he’ll see is on his resume in a few days. Fuck him.

I keep seeing that stat but you should go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt that this millennia they have compiled the following postseason records

Angels 7-8
A's 4-2
Astros 5-9
Diamondbacks 3-4
Indians 6-5
Mariners 4-1
Marlins 2-4
Orioles 3-2
Phillies 4-2
Rangers 2-4
Rays 2-3
Red Sox 8-11
Tigers 3-10
Twins 16-2

Totals: 69-67

The best part is the Astros dominance of the Yankees is exceeded by the Tigers, Marlins, & Rangers lol.

Just now, realgreggym said:

On a positive note, Cole now has more far time to spend all of that extra money he's getting from the yankees since their season is over early for the second year in a row.

Maybe he can hang out with Ben Simmons and whatever Kardashian is the flavor of the month.