Who will win? Dodgers vs Cardinals

shadow_operative

who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/21 at 11:45 PM

Not a Dodgers fan, but fuck the Cards.  s/chicago

I know this is the system in place that everybody signed on for, but it's just fucking crazy to 12-year old baseball me that a 106-win team has to fight through a play-in game to get to the Divisional Series.  

Gonna be some fun day baseball in the next couple weeks.

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I know this is the system in place that everybody signed on for, but it's just fucking crazy to 12-year old baseball me that a 106-win team has to fight through a play-in game to get to the Divisional Series.  

????

When I was 12, the system said that the 106-win Dodgers would already be out of the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Not a Dodgers fan, but fuck the Cards.  s/chicago

Gonna be some fun day baseball in the next couple weeks.

This. Absolutely retarded

One game for their lives.  So stressful.  The Muncy loss is going to be painful.  But depth is what this team is built on.  My guess is they go with Matt Beatty at first instead of Bellinger or Pujols.  Albert will be saved for a situational AB against a lefty.  And it really is all we should ask out of him.  And Bellinger?  Well, not sure I need to go into it.

I predict it will be one of the lesser profile players to be the hero tonight- Will Smith, Beatty, Taylor, Pollock.  Someone like that.  BTW, Pollack has been about as steady and reliable as they come.  He better start just about every game, should the Dodgers advance.

Fucking Cards have been nothing but a thorn in our side for decades.  They can shove their "Cardinal Way" straight up their asses.

Edited by Sbbruin

Watching waino pitch to pujols will be weird. 

Dodgers are a better team but the cards seem to get in their heads. If they can ding sherzer for a couple of runs early they may have a shot. 

Heart says cards, head says sherzer shuts them down. 

Joe West is in the lineup tonight.  Which team does he have a petty grievance against?

I sure hope the Doyer fans get snippy with him because you know he won't have any issue making some game changing rigged BS calls.

Edited by Pimphand

12 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Ugly looking lineup for the Dodgers in an elimination game. Is Taylor pretty bad in CF?

That's an ugly looking lineup?  Other tan Beaty and Belly, pretty rock solid if you ask me.  Beaty has been a .350 hitter in September.  So maybe not so ugly? 

Taylor is decent in CF, but Scherzer is a fly ball pitcher, so Belly is a gold glover out there and that may be the difference.  

Just now, Sbbruin said:

That's an ugly looking lineup?  Other tan Beaty and Belly, pretty rock solid if you ask me.  Beaty has been a .350 hitter in September.  So maybe not so ugly? 

Taylor is decent in CF, but Scherzer is a fly ball pitcher, so Belly is a gold glover out there and that may be the difference.  

Seth Meyers Ew GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Sorry that your post-season is ending tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yeah the Dodgers are the better/deeper team, but in a single game it’s nearly a coin flip, even with Scherzer on the mound.

Yep, if this were even best 2 out of 3, I think the odds go 70-30 Dodgers.  But in a one-gamer, maybe 55-45 at best, with the 5% being any home field advantage (where we've won 15 straight).

27 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Bellinger has -1 DRS and +3 OAA in CF, which is pretty far from being a "gold glover"...but it's not like Dodgers' fans would know what good defense looks like.  

Well, he won the 2019 GG in right field.  So I think he can play the outfield.   He moved to CF to make room for another GG in Mookie.

33 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Well, he won the 2019 GG in right field.  So I think he can play the outfield.   He moved to CF to make room for another GG in Mookie.

Yeah. He's a good fielder. Trying to decide if his batting this year is an anomaly or if he's turning into matt carpenter.