Who will win? Dodgers vs Cardinals

shadow_operative

who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/21 at 11:45 PM

7 minutes ago, pops said:

Yeah. He's a good fielder. Trying to decide if his batting this year is an anomaly or if he's turning into matt carpenter. 

It is almost inconceivable he could go from a ROY to an MVP to literally the worst hitter in the NL, but he has.

13 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

It is almost inconceivable he could go from a ROY to an MVP to literally the worst hitter in the NL, but he has.

Carp wasn't roy and mvp but he went from .300 to trying to get to .200. And not coming close. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:41 PM, Lobo said:

Not a Dodgers fan, but fuck the Cards.  s/chicago

I know this is the system in place that everybody signed on for, but it's just fucking crazy to 12-year old baseball me that a 106-win team has to fight through a play-in game to get to the Divisional Series.  

Gonna be some fun day baseball in the next couple weeks.

The 1 game Wild Card do or die is grossly unfair to the team with the much better record which can be evaporated in a tiny data sample of 1 game.  If at all, the Wild Card should be 5 games but then the WS might finish by Thanksgiving.

The best solution is to only have 1 wildcard team, eliminate the wildcard playoff, and stretch the division series to 7 games.

If I’m not mistaken, even the College World Series has double elimination. This 1 game die-off is much too extreme a penalty and it may eventually happen to your favorite team someday, so it’s in the best interest of baseball to have a just outcome.

If 2 wildcard contenders have the same record, the tie breaker is head to head, then League record and if still tied then a 1 game playoff with a coin flip determining the venue.

11 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

The 1 game Wild Card do or die is grossly unfair to the team with the much better record which can be evaporated in a tiny data sample of 1 game.  If at all, the Wild Card should be 5 games but then the WS might finish by Thanksgiving.

The best solution is to only have 1 wildcard team, eliminate the wildcard playoff, and stretch the division series to 7 games.

If I’m not mistaken, even the College World Series has double elimination. This 1 game die-off is much too extreme a penalty and it may eventually happen to your favorite team someday, so it’s in the best interest of baseball to have a just outcome.

If 2 wildcard contenders have the same record, the tie breaker is head to head, then League record and if still tied then a 1 game playoff with a coin flip determining the venue.

Tell me you’re a Dodger fan without telling me you’re a Dodger fan.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Solution is to get rid of division winners. Top 4 records in the league make the playoffs. I agree dodgers getting screwed,  but in 1993 they don't make the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

The most fair is to go back to 2 divisions per league and division winners straight to the LCS.  162 games is much more fair than 7.  Or for the really old, best record pennant winners straight to the World Series, but I prefer LCS since baseball is always at its best when you're 6-12 years old.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Which is why baseball will go the way of the NBA eventually.  It's the dismal tide.

Man, I sure hope not.  But I haven't cared about an NBA regular season game in a very long time.  That's what happens when your playoffs are 2 months.  And the first round isn't even interesting, usually.

I think the current MLB playoffs are fine, but I think if they start expanding the LDS to 7 games and the WC to 3 or 5, you may be right.

I'm into both of these WC games even though my team isn't playing specifically because they're basically Game 7s right out of the gate.  Make them longer series and my give-a-shit goes pretty close to 0.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Total meltdown. Worse possible way to start the game for the Dodgers. 

They had a terrible first inning and they are down one.  Has to feel like a win.   Scherzer is not Yu Darvish.  

Edited by Guadaloopy

31 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Man, I sure hope not.  But I haven't cared about an NBA regular season game in a very long time.  That's what happens when your playoffs are 2 months.  And the first round isn't even interesting, usually.

I think the current MLB playoffs are fine, but I think if they start expanding the LDS to 7 games and the WC to 3 or 5, you may be right.

I'm into both of these WC games even though my team isn't playing specifically because they're basically Game 7s right out of the gate.  Make them longer series and my give-a-shit goes pretty close to 0.

Yep NBA needs to go back to 5 games for the 1st round. 3 best of 7 rounds is just too much.

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Yeah but we are talking dodgers here bro so fuck em

12 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He usually takes an inning or two to settle down. In Washington if he could get through the first couple innings without too much damage, he typically then just strikes everyone out

Yeah, he and JV have always been similar in that regard.  You'd better get something in the 1st.