New poker room in katy

Ghost of 3:16

On 5/25/2018 at 10:43 AM, midtown said:

Just opened one here in SA near my house.  It's something like.   $50 a year the membership. .  $10 for the first hour and $5 each hour after that.  

Is it right next to or connected to a Holiday Inn Express & a bar? If so, guys from my room up here have been going down there a lot lately. Believe it’s Congress only & runs from 10a-4a, lot of action supposedly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've been there multiple times since it is so close to me.

Pros:   Very new, nice and clean room that is very well lit with plenty of space and tv's.

All new tables and chairs            

Service is good (byob)

Same pay structure as the other clubs - $15/day - $15/hr

Very soft players

Location for westsiders who don't want to drive to Galleria area

Cons:  NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS - biggest gripe right now is that there is just not enough of a player base.  Rarely can fill one table without operators/off-clock employees playing

No food - have to order from Little Woodrow's or Landry's next door.

Security seems to be pretty lax.  One security guard stationed in the parking lot has been all I have ever seen.

Bottom of the barrel dealers.  Not doing a horrible job but they are def having a tough time keeping any good/great dealers on staff due to lack of play.

Overall, I think most will enjoy playing there as the player base continues to grow.  At this point if time isn't an issue I would rather go down to POPC or Prime since I know there will be plenty of action at multiple tables.  If I don't have a lot of time, I'll take what I can get and play there.  I would call them first before going and ask them A) if a game is currently on and if yes, B) how many players because they routinely start games with only 2 or 3 members and fill the rest of the table with 3 or 4 operators/employees.  Not that they are trying to be nefarious, they are just trying to get/keep the game going.