[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Just now, Starfleet Command said:

The thing is, it’s much easier to shut down a RB than a QB or even a WR. Good defenses are going to take him away like Arkansas did and OU more or less did in this game. 

It’s even easier when the OL just sucks ass 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

Fuck all ya'll. The team played its ass off. The coaches coached their ass off.  It's stinks losing to OU, but the coaches literally schemed their way to almost winning that game.

Our 2 biggest playmaker are a true freshman wide receiver and a sophomore running back.  

We have an oline that is held together by bailing wire.

And a new defense that is making due with I'll fitting parts from the previous regime. 

Again it sucks to lose this one, but the team and coaches showed a hell of a lot to like.

I agree. But I’m still hoping Arch can graduate a year early and reclassify. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, THUJONE said:

I'm pissed at this loss for a lot of reasons, but some of you babies need some perspective. We don't yet have the horses to reliably win these types of games. Our o-line is abysmal and Sark is in his first year of recruiting guys. Our d needs upgrades. I have some nits to pick about the d scheme, but these are not problems for which there are no solutions. The team didn't quit, even though some of you pussies did.

We either lose one more game (either OSU or WVU) or no more games. That makes us 9-3 or 10-2. Pick your panties back up off the floor. No one expected this team to be gangbusters this year on personnel alone. The offense, even with its substantial limitations across the o-line, is night and day from last year with a guy who has started 4 games. We are at or ahead of where we should be if you can, for one nanosecond, be objective.

Did that loss hurt? Fuck yeah, because it was almost a win. Should you shit yourself and paint the walls in your man cave with scat? Probably not. So nut up, you little bitches.

Not to mention if we win out we play these fucks again

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

My wife already popping the bubbles lmao. This is a fucking incredible start to the game

Let's just hope the refs get it right. Dude stepped out on his own

20211009_112210.jpg

Fuck you and your wife. Beta male who can’t control his fucking wife from jinxing us. Tell that bitch to save the bubbly until the game is over. Blame the defense but don’t forget to blame Captain and Mrs. Ant

Edited by Macklemore
  • Haha 1

Lots of things that could be second guessed -- but one helluva game to watch.

Bad third quarter really came back to bite us.  Knew blOU would wear us down running the ball.  HORNS just not good on defense so we better get leads and hold on to them in future B12 games in order to Win.

blOU Still SUCKS !!!  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Disco Missile said:

Lots of gas lots of brakes.

Inexcusable to lose this one after being up 38-20 at half. We knew OU wasn't going quietly but 2nd half offense was terrible. Riley adjusted and Sark didn't.

It looked like to me we were dominated man on man up and down the line of scrimmage. I don't know if it was strategy.

I also don't know how you blame the offense, they barely had the ball. Sure they could have done better but the offense and defense needs to give opportunities.

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Officials had a pre-game script that the used to perfection.  Ignore everything done by opponent, allow illegal touching, don't review fumbles for Texas,  and during the middle of the 4th call a couple of penalties to give the illusion of a fair game, and then go back to ignoring it the rest of the way.   

Refs helped.  OU would NOT have won without the refs.  I’m not that blind a Homer. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

This could have been a program defining win for Sark.  Now he's going to need to find a way to get this team to play the rest of the season instead of quitting and giving up.  

Surly will overreact as usual.  We came into this game as an underdog for a reason.  It's extremely disappointing that this team choked this game away.  It's a mentally weak team.  I really liked the offense.  We clearly has issues on the O-line.  I expect us to keep improving.  Putting up 48 points on ou's defense is a good day.  Recruits will want to play here.  Our roster is filled with JAGs.  A fucking freshman WR was our best player today outside of Bijan.  I expect this staff to process a lot of these guys out and transfers will be easy to find on offense because there is opportunity and the product looks good even is we lost this game.

On the flip side, this defense is severely flawed.  You cannot play bend but don't break and give up big play after big play.  This team lacks elite pass rushers and we have absolutely terrible safeties.  Both Schooler and BJ absolutely suck.  Brockermeyer gets attacked by every offense.  I don't like our schemes, I don't like our play calling, and outside of 2-3 guys, this entire defense is full of JAGs.  Not sure how this will get fixed and Sark isn't a defensive minded coach.  This is going to be a 8-10 win team and we will have to sell recruits on hope and optimism.  Which is fucking unfortunate because if they don't have a 2nd half collapse, we would have accelerated the trajectory of this program in a big way.  This is who we are and until we show it on the field, we are not going to get the talent we need to compete for a championship.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I'm pissed at this loss for a lot of reasons, but some of you babies need some perspective. We don't yet have the horses to reliably win these types of games. Our o-line is abysmal and Sark is in his first year of recruiting guys. Our d needs upgrades. I have some nits to pick about the d scheme, but these are not problems for which there are no solutions. The team didn't quit, even though some of you pussies did.

We either lose one more game (either OSU or WVU) or no more games. That makes us 9-3 or 10-2. Pick your panties back up off the floor. No one expected this team to be gangbusters this year on personnel alone. The offense, even with its substantial limitations across the o-line, is night and day from last year with a guy who has started 4 games. We are at or ahead of where we should be if you can, for one nanosecond, be objective.

Did that loss hurt? Fuck yeah, because it was almost a win. Should you shit yourself and paint the walls in your man cave with scat? Probably not. So nut up, you little bitches.

The defense has been a huge disappointment.  It’s even more of a gut punch because the most talented players aren’t playing.  Either because they are not coached up or because the staff is stupid.  Either is not good.  We have walk ons playing at crunch time.  And they are getting abused. 

Will you fucks just stop with the nobody calls holding shit? every fucking year like clockwork you go full texags.

Sark didn't feed Bijan enough.

Casey, for all the stat padding on screens and his 1H deep throw, showed zero comfortability in the pocket and still throws fucking ducks.

Put it anyone with darker skin tone than Brockermeyer at LB. He's maxed. Put someone who may not be as good but will learn and get better in there.  

Worthy, for how great he was, finished the job he started last week with losing the ball in a critical juncture of the game.

I dont ever want to see a 3 man d-line with our dudes again. If Jet Bush is on the field, donate your salary.

What in the actual fuck did I just watch?

As much as I want to agree with guys blaming PK, in all honesty, he had guys in the right spots.  DBs just didn't fucking nut up and go make the plays on the those long throws, just like against Tech.  Hard to tell with DL as they were getting manhandled at the point of attack....is that calls? Or conditioning because of the injuries and we couldn't rotate? Both? Idk. Our DBs all fucking suck though.

I blame Sark more for not adjusting in the second half.  28, 10, 3, 7. That's a pathetic progression through each quarter. He scripted a brilliant plan in the first half, but OU adjusted by bringing more pressure, our OL couldn't handle it and offense never fucking adjusted.  No swing passes to Bijan, no draws or screens or RPOs into those vacant windows. Nothing in the second half to scheme around an overmatched OL. He got taken to fucking school by Riley in the second half

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Number 1 Fan GIF by Casper

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Fuck all ya'll. The team played its ass off. The coaches coached their ass off.  It's stinks losing to OU, but the coaches literally schemed their way to almost winning that game.

Our 2 biggest playmaker are a true freshman wide receiver and a sophomore running back.  

We have an oline that is held together by bailing wire.

And a new defense that is making due with I'll fitting parts from the previous regime. 

Again it sucks to lose this one, but the team and coaches showed a hell of a lot to like.

You're a dumbfuck. The team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. It was courtesy of players and coaches alike.

Sarkisian did not adjust his offensive playcalling in the second half.

Special teams were not coached up to take the touchback on the kickoff.

Defense held until they broke - we saw a very similar script against TCU. Texas was lucky to win that game.

And somehow your blind, ignorant ass says the 'coaches literally schemed their way to almost winning that game.'

Fuck you, you're no renegade. Change your handle to TexasRetard you dumbfuck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Exactly. If Snacks deletes his account, I'll step into his role to call out all the bitch-assedness on this board. This season is going to have some Herman-esque aftershocks.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:
15 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

So who get's the OU MVP award? ... Texas OL or the Stripes? I'll say the OL by a cunt hair.

Officials had a pre-game script that the used to perfection.  Ignore everything done by opponent, allow illegal touching, don't review fumbles for Texas,  and during the middle of the 4th call a couple of penalties to give the illusion of a fair game, and then go back to ignoring it the rest of the way.   

My OU MVP Award is open for review ... Seriously though, a review of the tape for calls/no calls might be in order, but I'm not really enthused at rewatching the shit show.

When a game of inches is won by literal inches it hurts more. Was that a fumble by the OU RB? Damn close. Several catches that were damn close. It stings. How does Williams look when a team has a week to prep for him? We may get to find out again later this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You hand the ball off to Bijan at least 20 times in the 2nd half. Failure to do that is grounds for termination. 

The 2nd half playcalling is grounds to get fired for sure. Was an absolute shit show. All we needed to do was sustain some drives. Did not even do that, We ran when we absolutely should not have, which was the first 2 plays after the big pass play after OU took the lead. And we did not run when we needed to, when they were blitzing the hell out of us.

I remember this feeling. Chance Mock's last year starting. VY's first. Sucks to lose this one, but I see this team and coach working harder than I have in years. I see promise. I have hope. Haven't been able to say that in a long ass time. It's 3:21 and OU STILL SUCKS!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

image.jpeg.212138a0abb48e52d3293792b3f1dc57.jpeg