30 For 30 On Michael Jordan: The Last Dance

Vic Mackey

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

that shit was so crazy to me. in the fucking locker room, minutes after winning back to back titles he goes out of his way to say, "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, I AM!!!!" what a fucking troll. he reaped what he sowed. 

If you guys enjoy this series, I highly suggest you watch youtube videos with the director, Jason Hehir. He provides incredible insight into the series, MJ, and back stories which did not make it into the final version. He talks about Jordan high school stories, Isaiah, gambling, etc. Just search "Jason Hehir" in youtube. You can go down a rabbit hole and be entertained for another 2 hours.

Here's a great clip which gives better context into Jordan's "gambling problem". It's just part of his DNA to always compete and try to win in everything.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Fuck that pantywaist fuckstain. I will talk shit about Bud Adams until the day I am dead. Jordan can talk however much crap about that jackwagon as he wants 

Yeah, what a stupid fucking point. Once someone dies, it's uncouth to speak ill of their failings because they can't defend themselves? Fuck that.

Especially in this case where it was perfectly obvious when Krause was alive that he decided to break up the greatest sports dynasty the sports world had seen in 20 years.

And what is it about people named Jerry that have to have more credit for things in which they played only a part leading to breaking up dynasties...I’m looking at you Jerry Jones you cocksucker.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hate said:

Especially in this case where it was perfectly obvious when Krause was alive that he decided to break up the greatest sports dynasty the sports world had seen in 20 years.

This is what always confuses me - why the rush to break it up?  Why not try to win as many titles as possible while they still have a chance?

On the other hand, he made some incredibly shrewd and ballsy moves as GM without which they would likely have not sniffed 6 titles, not that the viewer would know this from watching this memoir oops I mean documentary:

• Trading for Pippen - the doc briefly mentions the "trade" (and I don't think they ever said what the Bulls had to give up to get the #5 pick, as that was glossed over) but this was flat out larceny of a Kareem and Parish/McHale and Dr J magnitude.  A huge story and win for the Bulls and Krause that went virtually unmentioned in the Pippen episode.  Instead, it was almost like "Oh and by the way Pippen was actually drafted by Seattle."  Easily one of the 5 most lopsided trades in NBA history, without which it's really unlikely MJ wins 6 titles.
  • Jettisoning Doug Collins after the ECF.  Most GMs, after an ECF appearance with a young team, would have run it back and brought the band back together and hope that natural improvement gets them over the hump, but Krause recognized that Collins (who MJ loved) wasn't going to maximize the window of opportunity and went with a first time HC.  
  • Acquiring Rodman.  At the time, Rodman was considered toxic and most teams wouldn't touch him.  But he fit perfectly for what the Bulls needed in 96-98 and Krause was right that MJ & Pippen & Phil Jackson would be able to keep him in line.
  • Kukoc.  The memoir I mean documentary derisively describes Krause as "lusting" after Kukoc as if that was a bad thing.  But Kukoc was a damn good and important player for the Bulls who would do well in today's game.  The tone that the film had in the Kukoc story was almost critical that Krause would pursue him, instead of maybe saying "for a second round pick, Krause nailed it" and the addition of Kukoc clearly improved the team.  

I get that it's chic to dump on Krause as the short fat (which is funny to me since I know 95% of Surly users are probably short and fat but whatever) fuck who ended the dynasty.  And as I said at the top that's the one thing that has always puzzled me - they could have won at least one more title with the shortened 98-99 season that would have played to an aging team's strength.

But looking at it objectively Krause's moves above were incredibly high-risk but came up aces and as much as MJ wouldn't want to admit it was a huge part of winning 6 titles.  As for Pippen's contract situation, Reinsdorf made it clear in the film that he under no circumstances would renegotiate, so not sure if the bitterness is the fault of Reinsdorf or Krause (or Pippen for that matter, who Reinsdorf cautioned against signing a long-term deal).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wade said:

No shit.  A cuck article by a cuck.  And did anyone notice Krause spewing his bullshit about what a great organization the Bulls were in the midst of the 2nd title celebration, not mentioning Jordan at all?  That short, fat fuck was he only person in the world who didn't understand who won those titles.

Not to mention he intentionally and with purpose ended one of the best sports dynasties in history, with the GOAT player, and before they had even lost a title.  That fat fuck deserves all the vitriol he got in this doc

Agreed.  If you can't respect a good grudge I've got no use for you.

I fucking love a good grudge.

This is what always confuses me - why the rush to break it up?  Why not try to win as many titles as possible while they still have a chance?
On the other hand, he made some incredibly shrewd and ballsy moves as GM without which they would likely have not sniffed 6 titles, not that the viewer would know this from watching this memoir oops I mean documentary:
  • Trading for Pippen - the doc briefly mentions the "trade" (and I don't think they ever said what the Bulls had to give up to get the #5 pick, as that was glossed over) but this was flat out larceny of a Kareem and Parish/McHale and Dr J magnitude.  A huge story and win for the Bulls and Krause that went virtually unmentioned in the Pippen episode.  Instead, it was almost like "Oh and by the way Pippen was actually drafted by Seattle."  Easily one of the 5 most lopsided trades in NBA history, without which it's really unlikely MJ wins 6 titles.
  • Jettisoning Doug Collins after the ECF.  Most GMs, after an ECF appearance with a young team, would have run it back and brought the band back together and hope that natural improvement gets them over the hump, but Krause recognized that Collins (who MJ loved) wasn't going to maximize the window of opportunity and went with a first time HC.  
  • Acquiring Rodman.  At the time, Rodman was considered toxic and most teams wouldn't touch him.  But he fit perfectly for what the Bulls needed in 96-98 and Krause was right that MJ & Pippen & Phil Jackson would be able to keep him in line.
  • Kukoc.  The memoir I mean documentary derisively describes Krause as "lusting" after Kukoc as if that was a bad thing.  But Kukoc was a damn good and important player for the Bulls who would do well in today's game.  The tone that the film had in the Kukoc story was almost critical that Krause would pursue him, instead of maybe saying "for a second round pick, Krause nailed it" and the addition of Kukoc clearly improved the team.  
I get that it's chic to dump on Krause as the short fat (which is funny to me since I know 95% of Surly users are probably short and fat but whatever) fuck who ended the dynasty.  And as I said at the top that's the one thing that has always puzzled me - they could have won at least one more title with the shortened 98-99 season that would have played to an aging team's strength.
But looking at it objectively Krause's moves above were incredibly high-risk but came up aces and as much as MJ wouldn't want to admit it was a huge part of winning 6 titles.  As for Pippen's contract situation, Reinsdorf made it clear in the film that he under no circumstances would renegotiate, so not sure if the bitterness is the fault of Reinsdorf or Krause (or Pippen for that matter, who Reinsdorf cautioned against signing a long-term deal).

IIRC, it was the Bulls draft pick (Oldyn Polynice(sp?)) and a couple of players for Pippen from Seattle. Krause absolutely made some great moves to keep the Bulls competitive over time and did very well to identify and promote Phil Jackson. I think where he gets most of the blame for breaking them up is his insistence on not bringing Jackson back. I believe Pippen could have been talked into coming back if they had given him a deal with “back pay”, but Krause wanted no part of Jackson coming back. He didn’t want Jackson making more than him and getting more credit. He really believed in the “organization” and that he could build another winner just as easily without Pippen, Jackson, and even Jordan. He forced everyone’s hands when he drew his line in the sand with Jackson which is why he draws most of the scorn for breaking them up. It is rightfully so, imo. That team deserved to be knocked off rather than thrown away.

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

IIRC, it was the Bulls draft pick (Oldyn Polynice(sp?)) and a couple of players for Pippen from Seattle. Krause absolutely made some great moves to keep the Bulls competitive over time and did very well to identify and promote Phil Jackson. I think where he gets most of the blame for breaking them up is his insistence on not bringing Jackson back. I believe Pippen could have been talked into coming back if they had given him a deal with “back pay”, but Krause wanted no part of Jackson coming back. He didn’t want Jackson making more than him and getting more credit. He really believed in the “organization” and that he could build another winner just as easily without Pippen, Jackson, and even Jordan. He forced everyone’s hands when he drew his line in the sand with Jackson which is why he draws most of the scorn for breaking them up. It is rightfully so, imo. That team deserved to be knocked off rather than thrown away.

bitch couldn't get out of his own way. how many more championships did the bulls win without jordan, pippen and jackson?

fucking idiot. he deserves every bit of scorn that he got and still gets. it serves as a lesson to gm's to not monumentally fuck up a good thing. some organizations would kill for just one trophy. he had a combination which already produced 5 and was the odds on favorite to deliver a 6th and to three-peat for a second time. he tried his best to torpedo that achievement by basically firing the coach at the start of the season. absolutely bat shit crazy.

I’m with Barkley on this. It’s easy to point fingers at Krause, but the real villain is Reinsdorf. That dude could’ve put a stop to this animosity at any point, but didn’t because he’s cheap and didn’t want to pay anyone. Krause was a good GM, a slovenly asshole, and ultimately a patsy for the other Jerry who only gave a shit about the Whitesox and is a tight-fisted dickhead.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kermit said:

I’m with Barkley on this. It’s easy to point fingers at Krause, but the real villain is Reinsdorf. That dude could’ve put a stop to this animosity at any point, but didn’t because he’s cheap and didn’t want to pay anyone. Krause was a good GM, a slovenly asshole, and ultimately a patsy for the other Jerry who only gave a shit about the Whitesox and is a tight-fisted dickhead.

This. It wasn't like Krause was operating with complete autonomy on all of this. There exists no world in which Reinsdorf was willing to pay something like $80M for MJ, Pipp, Rodman, and Phil to return. Even if a lockout wasn't looming, even if they were the 8x defending champions. Krause may have personally wanted to blow it up to try to prove that organizations win, but he was lock step with the owner's wishes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, what a stupid fucking point. Once someone dies, it's uncouth to speak ill of their failings because they can't defend themselves? Fuck that.

Meh fuck that if you were a fuck wit in life you are still a fuckwit in death.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

This. It wasn't like Krause was operating with complete autonomy on all of this. There exists no world in which Reinsdorf was willing to pay something like $80M for MJ, Pipp, Rodman, and Phil to return. Even if a lockout wasn't looming, even if they were the 8x defending champions. Krause may have personally wanted to blow it up to try to prove that organizations win, but he was lock step with the owner's wishes.

Organizations win because the talent on the floor performs.

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Organizations win because the talent on the floor performs.

but they only become dynasties when everyone from owner to gm to coach to talent perform. Krause was an incredible GM. He did really amazing things and made risky choices that almost always paid off. But the GM isnt supposed to be out front. He isnt supposed to get the credit. Everyone knows. And if you handle it gracefully, they will sing your praises as the secret behind the success. But Krause couldnt do that. He had to force the issue and make others give him credit. and ultimately that led to the downfall of the Bulls.

I would apply the same to Jerry Jones. If he could have just stayed back and let Troy, Michael, Emmitt, and Jimmy soak up all the praise, they would have circled back to him. But he couldnt wait and he fucked over my Boys for the next 25 years...

It's like a Dad who has really amazing children. The Dad knows that he pushed and supported and did everything for those kids. ANd the kids know how important he was and is to their success. And if he can just stay back out of the way and let the kids shine, they will circle back and give him the credit he deserves! (i tell myself this every single day!!!!! ) 

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 2:02 PM, Goo Punch said:

lots of old black dudes have those jaundiced looking eyes, even when they're sober. i've never known why that was, but it's not that uncommon. 

This - if you have more melanin you're prone to eyes liked that as well...it's exacerbated when you spend more time in the sun and he lives on a golf course.  If that was from liver issues you'd see the rest of him falling apart too - but he's superhuman so?

12 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Fuck that pantywaist fuckstain. I will talk shit about Bud Adams until the day I am dead. Jordan can talk however much crap about that jackwagon as he wants 

10 hours ago, aggie08 said:

9 hours ago, Hate said:

And what is it about people named Jerry that have to have more credit for things in which they played only a part leading to breaking up dynasties...I’m looking at you Jerry Jones you cocksucker.

7 hours ago, crash_davis said:

bitch couldn't get out of his own way. how many more championships did the bulls win without jordan, pippen and jackson?

fucking idiot. he deserves every bit of scorn that he got and still gets. it serves as a lesson to gm's to not monumentally fuck up a good thing. some organizations would kill for just one trophy. he had a combination which already produced 5 and was the odds on favorite to deliver a 6th and to three-peat for a second time. he tried his best to torpedo that achievement by basically firing the coach at the start of the season. absolutely bat shit crazy.

7 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Krause had little ugly man syndrome, and was abused mercilessly by the team.  He got the last word in his mind.  What a dumb ass.

FUCK that short fat POS Krause.  I only wish he were alive so he could watch this documentary like Hector Salamanca status post CVA.  Dumbass actually managed to convince himself that he was the big deal in all of this.  God damned fool. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Message Board User said:

I get that it's chic to dump on Krause as the short fat (which is funny to me since I know 95% of Surly users are probably short and fat but whatever) fuck who ended the dynasty.

screw you, im not short

• Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, Message Board User said:

I can't remember where I saw the article but it was from one of the Chicago media circles. 

It basically said that Krause didn't get the credit he deserved for what he did and also wanted more credit then what he deserved. 

So he did a great job and also was a jock sniffing asshat that didn't realize without MJ his moves meant shit. 

47 minutes ago, HoffaJimmy said:

I can't remember where I saw the article but it was from one of the Chicago media circles. 

It basically said that Krause didn't get the credit he deserved for what he did and also wanted more credit then what he deserved. 

So he did a great job and also was a jock sniffing asshat that didn't realize without MJ his moves meant shit. 

I think that's a quote from Steve Kerr.

• Like 1

Series has been incredible so far and can't wait for the rest.

I've said this before and will say it again, If Krause isn't a moron then Bulls win the 99 shortened season title and the 2000 Finals would have been Lakers and Kobe/Shaq vs the Bull who would still have Jackson. Hell maybe the Lakers don't even make the finals that year without Jackson and the Triangle. I think by 2000 the bulls probably would have lost but maybe a trade here or there would have been made to keep the bulls going. Jordan would have still easily been able to dominate even in 2000 since he was only like 35/36? 

So yea for anything good Krause did early on before they won 1 title he ROYALLY fucked up in the end being a bitch. I mean he told Phil "I don't care if you win 82 games this is your last year". Hahaha what a dumb ass.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:01 PM, Hate said:

This is what first came to mind.

Jerry GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Whoever posted that Reinsdorf  deserves as much or more vitriol as Krause is spot on.  It was openly discussed in the Chicago papers that he was grudgingly paying Jordan $30M per year for the last two, and had no interest in paying Jordan, Pippen and Jackson for another shot at a title.  He lucked into six and didn't give a shit about any more championships.

Krause was a good GM, a slovenly asshole, and ultimately a patsy for the other Jerry who only gave a shit about the Whitesox and is a tight-fisted dickhead.

He didn’t give a shit for the Sox either. They were a player or 2 away from championship caliber in the mid 90s but he was too damn cheap.

Documentary shows how self-conscious MJ really was. He basically retired due to pressure and tired of criticism. He is a control freak for sure. He would have been eaten up in today's Twitter world, no doubt - not being able to control the narrative. Still the best ever, but he's lucky his era was before all the bullshit internet, which makes celebrities even more ego driven narcissistic fuckheads. But no doubt MJ would have been fucking the shit outta them "Instagram models". Yall  see pics of his first wife Juanita?? Can't even blame MJ for being a huge cheater back in the day ha. 

Edited by hundredTT

But no doubt MJ would have been fucking the shit outta them "Instagram models". Yall  see pics of his first wife Juanita?? Can't even blame MJ for being a huge cheater back in the day ha. 

Juanita was “80s cute”, but not skanky 80s hot
  • Like 3

On 5/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, crash_davis said:

Krause openly talked about it during the Allstar game of their championship year.  As if the team needed a huge distraction reminder going down the final stretch.  And the owner didn't care--sure go ahead and distract the team and show that you're in full control for whatever reason.  If you're going to break up your core of star, championship players because they may be getting older and want to be paid for winning it all multiple times, why would anyone want to come play for your organization?  Showing that you're not going to support a championship team isn't a good look.  

What’s funny in all the Krause vitriol is that Michael refuses to hire a Krause-like GM to run his own team. You know, one who is competent in their job and is able to create a playoff caliber team? Did Krause draft Kwame Brown and then destroy his physique? 

7 minutes ago, Kermit said:

What’s funny in all the Krause vitriol is that Michael refuses to hire a Krause-like GM to run his own team. You know, one who is competent in their job and is able to create a playoff caliber team? Did Krause draft Kwame Brown and then destroy his physique? 

Mitch Kupchak has been Charlotte's GM since 2018 and they had other GMs before him.  I think you're mistaking his Washington Wizards days as the same as what he did/is doing with the Hornets. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

6 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Mitch Kupchak has been Charlotte's GM since 2018 and they had other GMs before him.  I think you're mistaking his Washington Wizards days as the same as what he did/is doing with the Hornets. 

The Hornets have been abysmal and Barkley’s criticism of his ownership and hiring is why they’re no longer friends. Mitch is a great GM though. Especially when your friend trades you Pau Gasol. 

On 5/4/2020 at 3:32 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

That Knick team was trash.  That was the low point of the 90's NBA.

That team would get crushed in the modern NBA. Almost no skill anywhere on the floor. I will give you Ewing but that's it. 

58 minutes ago, bullzak said:

That team would get crushed in the modern NBA. Almost no skill anywhere on the floor. I will give you Ewing but that's it. 

if they called the game with rules from that era, half of the guys today would be out with bruised vaginas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bullzak said:

Starks had skill just sometimes that skill was missing 15 straight 3 pointers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I recall the Rockets benefiting from Starks missing shots at inopportune times for the Knicks.

Yeah I actually feel sorry for the dude. Putting up with a-hole New Yorkers blaming you for the loss every time they see/hear about you has got to suck.

Fuck NY sports fan (Yankees, Knicks, Giants, & Rangers)

Less so Jets, Islanders, Nets, & Mets as their teams have sucked enough to inject some semblance of humility