Texas Men's Golf

texasstrong12

So far, the only higher ranked teams who look in trouble are #15 Auburn (going home), #23 LSU, #10 NC State (currently tied at the cut-line), #7 Pepperdine (currently tied at the cut-line), #17 UF (2 back of the cut line), #20 Arizona (far back), and #1 OU (currently in a three way tie at the cut-line). 

In the Stillwater Regional, the US Am runner-up, Ollie Osbourne from SMU put up an 88 in the final round.  SMU still had to count an 80, but they finished 3rd and will advance.  Crazy regional with Okie Lite destroying the field (on their home course), Sam Houston advancing with their #1 out, and Little Rock pulling the upset to move on.  

Texas ends up first at -20 and their final round is finished.  🤘

Same regional, unbelievable final day for UAB currently -13 on today's round,  -5 total and sitting in the 5th and final spot that advances... still has players on Holes 16-18, and a three stroke cushion over North Florida.

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas ends up first at -20 and their final round is finished.  🤘

Same regional, unbelievable final day for UAB currently -13 on today's round,  -5 total and sitting in the 5th and final spot that advances... still has players on Holes 16-18, and a three stroke cushion over North Florida.

Sagamore Golf Club - 2021 NCAA Noblesville Regional - Par 72 - 7173 Yards

Noblesville, IN US     May 17-19, 2021

Texas is the Noblesville Regional champion and advances to the National Championships along with Tennessee, North Carolina, Louisville and UAB. Purdue's Cole Bradley is the individual medalist and also advances to the national championships. Bradley matched the competitive course record with a 7-under 65 in the final round.

1.   Texas                  -20

T2  Tennessee          -15

T2  North Carolina    -15

4. Louisville               -10

5.  UAB                       -5   (Great Final Round as a Team of -13)

28 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Wut? Please justify that opinion. 

23 years is long enough, he didn't build this program. He's a nice enough guy but we're not talking about a resume that makes him untouchable. I understand that he is in a non-rev sport and his natty likely makes him untouchable unless he crosses CDC or one of his BMD's.

Coach Fields' comments:

5. Not par for the course. The Texas men’s golf season finished with a dud, not a flurry, when it finished in a tie for 27th out of 30 teams at the NCAA Championships in Scottsdale, Ariz., and failed to advance to match play. I think its two studs got worn down and fatigued when Cole Hammer and Pierceson Coody rightfully competed at the Walker Cup and in the Byron Nelson. I know coach John Fields said they factored in the busy schedule, but that’s some stressful golf, combined with the Big 12 Tournament and the NCAA regional in Noblesville, Ind., as a prelude to the NCAAs. “The outcome was unexpected and painful to say the least,” Fields said, “but a function of success, scheduling, COVID and key performance deficiencies. Wouldn’t change my decisions or path this year even if I had a crystal ball and knew this outcome was imminent. We took opportunities as they came. I rolled the dice and lost. Suffice it to say, they hit the wall. In the end, I didn’t get it done. This is my responsibility, period.” Love the accountability. Fields could give some lessons to others for his stand-up position.

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/2021/06/01/former-texas-athletic-director-deloss-dodds-retired-hasnt-skipped-beat/7496359002/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...