Congrats to Jimbo and the Aggies

Hank Scorpio

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, I had forgotten how long it's been, but was thinking along the lines of "broken clock is right twice a day."

I only watched the second half, but Alabama did not look up to par, at all, in fact, rather like dogshit.

To be fair, Bama hasn’t looked up to par by their standards all season. I don’t think this is a National Championship Bama team this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yesterday was a painful day. Certainly not the worst loss for UT in all of my football watching years but definitely in my top 5 (for a variety of reasons.) 

Last night was one of aggy top 5 best wins. Probably in the top 2 or 3. Sure a win over a Nick Saban led Bama squad is always a reason to celebrate…but it won’t mean a CFP appearance for aggy. 

Geez…we have had tons of best days. A MNC and an appearance in a second one. You can’t even compare the two. We had a perfect season. Rose Bowl appearances. Their best day/days are a regular season win that won’t elevate them to the CFB playoffs. So ya, congrats and all that.

Last nite was entertaining and the reason we watch college football (any given Saturday) and if their win over Bama helped to add some new blood and teams to the final four—I can thank them for that. Maybe the final four will actually be more interesting to watch?

It was a fun game. But not as impressive as it could have been because you weren’t undefeated before that and your best hope of getting a great bowl game is to now run the table. Which…is unlikely. Enjoy your mid-season win. Fill the jizz jars and all that. One of your signature wins that signifies nothing. Other than Bill O’Brien is a shitty coach. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If BOB has to take down Saban it has to happen this year as will be his only year there... College football is counting on you BOB. So far so good.

Glad to see Saban's ego that can rehabilitate any downtrodden coach finally take a hit. I'm sure he thought that BoB was going to be his masterpiece.

In related news, it took 25 games, but one of Nick's old assistants finally beat him in a football game. Maybe Jimbo broke the seal for Kirby.

7 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Yesterday was a painful day. Certainly not the worst loss for UT in all of my football watching years but definitely in my top 5 (for a variety of reasons.) 

Last night was one of aggy top 5 best wins. Probably in the top 2 or 3. Sure a win over a Nick Saban led Bama squad is always a reason to celebrate…but it won’t mean a CFP appearance for aggy. 

Geez…we have had tons of best days. A MNC and an appearance in a second one. You can’t even compare the two. We had a perfect season. Rose Bowl appearances. Their best day/days are a regular season win that won’t elevate them to the CFB playoffs. So ya, congrats and all that.

Last nite was entertaining and the reason we watch college football (any given Saturday) and if their win over Bama helped to add some new blood and teams to the final four—I can thank them for that. Maybe the final four will actually be more interesting to watch?

It was a fun game. But not as impressive as it could have been because you weren’t undefeated before that and your best hope of getting a great bowl game is to now run the table. Which…is unlikely. Enjoy your mid-season win. Fill the jizz jars and all that. One of your signature wins that signifies nothing. Other than Bill O’Brien is a shitty coach. 

Since they don’t win division titles let alone conference championships or NC’s this is the pinnacle of aggy football since the halcyon days of JFF.   But they won’t win 10 games this year. 
 They’re going to be annoying as fuck for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Since they don’t win division titles let alone conference championships or NC’s this is the pinnacle of aggy football since the halcyon days of JFF.   But they won’t win 10 games this year. 
 They’re going to be annoying as fuck for a while. 

Let them have their moment, I guess. 

• Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
  • Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
  • To the last syllable of recorded time,
  • And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
  • The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
  • Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
  • That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
  • And then is heard no more: it is a tale
  • Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
  • Signifying nothing.

43 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Let them have their moment, I guess. 

• Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
  • Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
  • To the last syllable of recorded time,
  • And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
  • The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
  • Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
  • That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
  • And then is heard no more: it is a tale
  • Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
  • Signifying nothing.

my Brother-in-law, who I love and is one of the best people on the planet, keeps sending me shit about the win.  The weird part is he went to Tech, but I guess 25 years of being married to my aggy sister has brainwashed him.  All four of their kids went/are going to A&M.  They’re all very tolerable, especially my sister who thought it was bullshit that they left for the SEC. but this is his only way to pick at me and my son since tech is a disaster so I’ll let him have his moment.  He pretty good natured about it

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

my Brother-in-law, who I love and is one of the best people on the planet, keeps sending me shit about the win.  The weird part is he went to Tech, but I guess 25 years of being married to my aggy sister has brainwashed him.  All four of their kids went/are going to A&M.  They’re all very tolerable, especially my sister who thought it was bullshit that they left for the SEC. but this is his only way to pick at me and my son since tech is a disaster so I’ll let him have his moment.  He pretty good natured about it

How do you tell us your sister makes bad life choices and married poor without telling us?

aggy going to the playoffs and will win out their division because they beat Bama right?  No, they'll prolly have a few more losses along the way and talk about their championship next year.  I want to know how they get only 3 away games all season and 6 consecutive home games to start the season.  How do they have 2 losses off of that schedule?  This is their TCU moment and maybe we meet in the post season.  Should be fun.  
If they manage to stumble their way into the CCG (slim chance, Jawja isnt losing and Bama wont slip up again) aggy will get the mudholing they should have recieved this past Saturday.

22 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

How do you tell us your sister makes bad life choices and married poor without telling us?

well, she's a missionary, so she makes all sorts of choices that I can't wrap my head around.  But she's probably the best person I know.  They both are.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1