Rock bottom?

Fastbreak

If you would have told me that rock bottom would be when be when our QB throws for 400 and 5 TDs with no ints…

What I am trying to wrap my head around is how we could not just luck into a decent o-line in 16 years. OU can put out a respectable to great line every year. We’ve had 4 head coaches, 5-6 line coaches, so something else clearly has to be the problem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

8 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Yes yes, every individual thought needs its own thread

Yep, the board after a loss is always crazy but why in the blue hell does everyone think every thought needs a new thread after this particular loss? Usually everyone bitches in the existing threads the way it's supposed to be.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Fastbreak said:

Tell me how the Oilers recovered from the Bills game? You going to wear the powder blue tomorrow when you watch them?

This is much worse than any of the losses mentioned. 

Oh I see. Thank you for explaining your post with this brilliant insight that we should now be concerned that the University of Texas football program will relocate to another state.

youve-really-outdone-yourself-tom-kenny.

12 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

This ain’t rock bottom what the fuck are you talking about? Rock bottom was 2016 Kansas.

I kind of disagree. 2016 Kansas got Strong on the fast track to getting fired. He might have dicked around and stayed around longer. This game hits different because this is year 1 of Sark and a lot of hope in the year yet again from a new coach. And yet again, OU takes a dump on us. This a few weeks after Arkansas fucks us. 

This is not rock bottom but this loss hurts much more than 2016 Kansas. That was a game you just had to laugh at because at that time, this program had zero direction under Strong and it exposed just how bad he really was.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

See what I mean? This guy understands that super bitch made terrible posts can be put in existing threads.

Thanks for being the thread police and telling how terrible everyone is. Rock solid job you are doing, cornball. Put on that cape and come to the rescue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I kind of disagree. 2016 Kansas got Strong on the fast track to getting fired. He might have dicked around and stayed around longer. This game hits different because this is year 1 of Sark and a lot of hope in the year yet again from a new coach. And yet again, OU takes a dump on us. This a few weeks after Arkansas fucks us. 

This is not rock bottom but this loss hurts much more than 2016 Kansas. That was a game you just had to laugh at because at that time, this program had zero direction under Strong and it exposed just how bad he really was.

Great point. Imagine a first year coach coming into the TX/OU game with only one loss on the road and blowing a three score lead to lose to his archrival in devastating fashion. I don't think you can recover from that.

Unless you eat a lot of dicks, apparently. I guess we'll see how committed Sarkisian is.

• Hook 'Em 3

So the fuck what if 2016 was worse?  Guess what?  It’s 5 fucking years later and we’re mediocre instead of terrible.  OL is barely better. We all agree that OL has been our Achilles heel for 15 years.  Of course it takes time for a new guy to correct, but it’s not encouraging that guys who we are trusting to fix the 15 year problems didn’t do shit in the portal and it doesn’t appear the next recruiting class will do much to change the issue. 
Sorry to be so negative but it’s maddening to be having these same discussions year after year. 

10 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Wat?

We choked away a game to the worst OU team in probably a decade that was playing a true freshman while our in state rival best the best team in the country. It’s bad. Very very bad. This team showed its as irrelevant today as it was then. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Thanks for being the thread police and telling how terrible everyone is. Rock solid job you are doing, cornball. Put on that cape and come to the rescue. 

There's nothing to rescue. If you don't want to hear how stupid you are, then stop making stupid posts. This was a devastating loss and game we should have won with just a slightly better performance from nearly anyone on the team including the coaches. They blew it and it could have catapulted our program forward ahead of schedule.

None of that changes the fact that a bunch of people are making terribly stupid posts because they're sad. And when I see people's bleeding vaginas making shitty posts all over the board I'm going to call it out sometimes. Don't like it? Stop making stupid posts.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

There's nothing to rescue. If you don't want to hear how stupid you are, then stop making stupid posts. This was a devastating loss and game we should have won with just a slightly better performance from nearly anyone on the team including the coaches. They blew it and it could have catapulted our program forward ahead of schedule.

None of that changes the fact that a bunch of people are making terribly stupid posts because they're sad. And when I see people's bleeding vaginas making shitty posts all over the board I'm going to call it out sometimes. Don't like it? Stop making stupid posts.

Welcome to Surly. It's the norm around here. 

8 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Strong’s buffoonery in 2016 made me apathetic and I didn’t really care about the Kansas loss- I was out of town and didn’t even watch the game.

Today’s game hurt worse because I allowed myself to get pulled back in and started caring again.

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Nope. How is this worse than getting blown out by ou multiple times

This was much worse than those years for me. Those were just buttfuckings. They did not snatch our souls in those games. We never had one to begin with. This is 4 losses in a row now to OU. It does not matter what we do, they dig down deeper and beat us. Another year of "OU is weaker than years past. This is the year we take it to them". And another year, we don't. What's also sad about the state of the program is how far behind OU we are in terms of talent on average is that we need them to be in a "down year" to think we have a chance.

This was a game to tell us shit is changing and Sark is for real. This was a game to finally turn the tables and fuck their skulls into submission. Up 28-7 after 1 qtr, we manage to score 20 the rest of the game, 7 of those coming on a very late drive. So for about 43.5 min after the 1st qtr, we score 13pts. We stall out on offense. Sustain no real drives when we needed. When our OL was clearly outmanned, we continued to call deep drop passes with slow developing routes. We did not adjust at all. We had one gameplan and that was it. So we go from giving them their own Black Saturday result to losing the game by 7. All Gas No Brakes? Not even close. We got up 28-7 and sucked our own dicks and thought we could coast to a win. In a fucking rivalry game. They played like they thought OU was going to be scared by a 1st qtr deficit and would bow down and tap out. 

This was Buffalo/Houston 1993 type shit here. 

Sark = Turtle Tom 2.0. Remember, he did this same bullshit in 2018 against Kyler Murray but Sam and Dicker saved his ass that game. I believe we were also up 21 in that game. 

We never stopped the tide in this game. It was a slow brewing tide. OU kept driving and driving. Settling for FGs but staying around in the game. We never ever put their throats to the ground and stomped on it. We absolutely have no idea how to do that against OU. They fucking own us for the last decade. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

This ain’t rock bottom what the fuck are you talking about? Rock bottom was 2016 Kansas.

This man knows what he's talking about. I hated losing today, but it isn't rock bottom. I'd argue that it's part of an ascent. The point production was outstanding. The first half defense was great.

The OL sucks and is consistently baffled on pass blocking flexibility. At least we've moved past the quintuple team blocks. Actually, having typed that, I think maybe there is improvement in the line play. The suckage is slightly less.

The defense can't figure out counter movement. We let too many OU runners to slip tackles.

Rock bottom? I'd call it a starting point for the Sark Era. Seriously.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Today is far worse than that loss. Today set us back another 6 years of being competitive. 

Negged for dogged dickheadedness. You have no perspective. Stop embarrassing yourself with idiotic generalities. 

We've been around awhile. We know what miserable depth looks like. Texas Bowl versus Arkansas was a recent one. 2014. 31-7.

image.png.c0a0ff2a4f860b9f5120ccb3e43c1638.png

That's the world telling you that you're in the pit.

• Hook 'Em 4

Most of you kids are too young to remember some real rock bottom times,

3-66

9-10

3-46

14-63

13-65

0-12

0-24

Today totally sucked ass, but for several reasons this is far from the most hopeless I’ve felt about UT football.

Side note: Route 66 was by far the worst game I’ve ever attended.  Not only was that the most ridiculous UT attempt at a football performance I’ve ever seen, it was also hot as shit that day and we stayed until the eyes.  I was in school at the time and I met a random chick at a party the night before.  She gave me a nice blowjob before the game and then after the game she fucked me to cheer me up.  She was hot and she was 18.....I took it for granted at the time, but as an old married man I look back and even the worst UT football day I’ve ever witnessed created some fond memories!  UT will kick ass in football again, but I will never get to repeat the other activities of that day.  

Edited by Horn Dogg
  • Hook 'Em 4

I remember losing to tcu when they were really, really bad.   A buzz saw  may have been mentioned.

Stand up and take this loss, Texas.  You know you won that game, everyone else knows you won that game.

Go kick someone's a$$.

Edited by TOR
  • Hook 'Em 2

I guess most people will feel rockbottom the day our first official sec schedule is released. The day it comes out, reality will hit:  we’ll be the conference’s 5th or 6th best team. Middle of the pack under-achievers. 8-4 or 7-5 til Gabriel blows his horn. We were Texas. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

I guess most people will feel rockbottom the day our first official sec schedule is released. The day it comes out, reality will hit:  we’ll be the conference’s 5th or 6th best team. Middle of the pack under-achievers. 8-4 or 7-5 til Gabriel blows his horn. We were Texas. 

Brah, we’ve been that for 10 years
  • Rage+1 1

Maybe, i dunno I'm just spitballin' here, but maybe there's something to be said for having a stable coaching staff.
Yes, thats Saban secret. Kept the band together for a decade..

Oh wait.

Edit- tbh I agree with you, theres something to be said about continutity with the coaching staff, especially coordinators. Having said that, any success as a result of such means your coaches are going to be poached by other programs to either be HC,e or same duties as their old school, just more money and some bullshit title attached that looks good on a resume.

1 hour ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Shut up dweeb. We're running house and kicking their dick in in Arlington. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1