Voter Fraud

ousuxndallas

You buried the lead.

Law enforcement became aware of Garza after a U.S. citizen attempted to obtain a passport, but discovered Garza had already done so using her identity

So she had one of the forms of ID one can use to vote in Texas, just wasn't her ID.

• Like 1

This is the third case of voter fraud recently prosecuted in Texas.  First one I have seen that is really fraudulent.  The other two were kind of negligent/idiotic.  A non-citizen and a disenfranchised felon, neither of which apparently really understood that they couldn't vote and neither deterred by the registration system, which seems utterly incapable of discriminating between those entitled to vote and those not entitled to vote.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is the third case of voter fraud recently prosecuted in Texas.  First one I have seen that is really fraudulent.  The other two were kind of negligent/idiotic.  A non-citizen and a disenfranchised felon, neither of which apparently really understood that they couldn't vote and neither deterred by the registration system, which seems utterly incapable of discriminating between those entitled to vote and those not entitled to vote.

Bolded the important part.  If we want to prevent voter fraud, THERE'S some low-hanging fruit.  The system of registration is antiquated as shit.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Bolded the important part.  If we want to prevent voter fraud, THERE'S some low-hanging fruit.  The system of registration is antiquated as shit.

And I imagine election workers are trained to err on the side of permitting voting.  This is why, at least facially, voter ID laws make some sense to me.  Which is not to say that I am wholly in favor of them.

5 hours ago, Purgatory County said:

Texas is so gerrymandered that Mexicans have an Alamo like voting majority and can't win a city council race. That's the real fraud.

5 hours ago, Purgatory County said:

Texas should have a Mexican governor. It's a farce that they aren't even close. 

Well, considering Mexicans aren't U.S. citizens....

[Animal]  Let him go; he's on a roll...[House]

A system where foreign governments can’t alter voter registrations seems like it should be a priority at this point.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Or simply prosecute identity theft when the IRS sees two SS#s accessed.

Isn't that kind of what happened in this case? Thief obtained passport using someone else's information. Correct person went to obtain passport, was told one already exists, and then they found the thief?

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Or simply prosecute identity theft when the IRS sees two SS#s accessed. Hard to find fraud when no one is looking or has a way to protect voter integrity in the first place. I’m sure she was the only one right?

Will never happen. They love collecting that sweet sweet W2 withholding from people they know won't be filing a claim. Thats the reason the IRS has no problem handling the return of the legit SS holder correctly even with illegitimate withholding from someone else using the number. Never once does someone hear "Hey John Smith in Michigan, you also have withholding from income earned in Texas.  Do you want to amend?"  Nope, they just slide that money into IRS coffers. 

Credit authorities could take some pointers. 

And the IRS also wants to get their cut of crime income. If they start digging on where money comes from, they will chill their ability to collect. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

3 hours ago, Purgatory County said:

mexican-americans.

don't like to go to the movies where the dude has to wear contact lenses to make his blue eyes brown cause don't it make my brown eyes blue.

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Will never happen. They love collecting that sweet sweet W2 withholding from people they know won't be filing a claim. Thats the reason the IRS has no problem handling the return of the legit SS holder correctly even with illegitimate withholding from someone else using the number. Never once does someone hear "Hey John Smith in Michigan, you also have withholding from income earned in Texas.  Do you want to amend?"  Nope, they just slide that money into IRS coffers. 

Credit authorities could take some pointers. 

And the IRS also wants to get their cut of crime income. If they start digging on where money comes from, they will chill their ability to collect. 

exactly, and they don't help those who are victims and have to go through lengthy processes to clear their name.  Some would have letters showing a whole second income they didn't file and they refused to release the information to him knowing exactly who was stealing his identity and causing the problems

Forbes: IRS Admits It Encourages Illegals to steal SS#s

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/04/13/irs-admits-it-encourages-illegals-to-steal-social-security-numbers-for-taxes/#6ae3ad9e4c04

10 minutes ago, Purgatory County said:

Pennsylvania was massively gerrymandered by the GOP. 

Also, Trump just stole the election with the assistance of the Russian mafia.

In 2000, Bush stole the election from the safety of his brother's state.

The voter ID laws are being used to target and block democratic voters so as to warp the electoral college results. See 2016.

Showing a picture ID is evil. That’s why you don’t have to do it anywhere else. 

It’s great that you classify a whole group of people as too incompetent to obtain an ID. Give them out free. But the adults can see this fear mongering talking points for what they are, a quest to let non eligiblle votes pass. Nothing more. 

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s great that you classify a whole group of people as too incompetent to obtain an ID. Give them out free. But the adults can see this fear mongering talking points for what they are, a quest to let non eligiblle votes pass. Nothing more. 

Except none of the voter ID laws give the IDs out for free, and are specifically designed to permit IDs that white people are more likely to have than black or minority people. Fix those problems and get back to us.

Oh, and get back to us when you find more in-person fraudulent Dem votes than we've already found in-person fraudulent Trump votes.

One’s state being so profoundly racist they won’t issue you a birth certificate doesn’t make a person incompetent.

8 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s simple. The IRS already easily identified multiple filers using the same SS#. Investigate to see who voted twice or if the rightful owner voted at all. You don’t want the truth. 

Not that simple. The IRS only has one job to do. Like the census, they can't chill their ability to do that job by narcing on other crimes. 

http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/28/news/economy/illegal-income-tax/index.html

They let the DEA go after drug dealers and ICE go after illegal immigrants. The IRS will collect taxes from both, few questions asked.

• 2 weeks later...
On May 16, 2018 at 1:54 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

exactly, and they don't help those who are victims and have to go through lengthy processes to clear their name.  Some would have letters showing a whole second income they didn't file and they refused to release the information to him knowing exactly who was stealing his identity and causing the problems

Forbes: IRS Admits It Encourages Illegals to steal SS#s

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/04/13/irs-admits-it-encourages-illegals-to-steal-social-security-numbers-for-taxes/#6ae3ad9e4c04

That article refutes Fondren's assertion that "They love collecting that sweet sweet W2 withholding from people they know won't be filing a claim." The article states that they do file claims and collect returns.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 2:05 PM, Brisketexan said:

Kinda like Clinton's motor-voter POS legislation that INVITES fraud..

YUP

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Well they've got Veritas in the name. Must be legit. James O'keefe has never steered us wrong before!

Yep.  Cool.  If they've got good evidence, turn it over to the authorities and prosecute those involved.  This is actually how we deal with and prevent voter fraud - we prosecute it.  We don't just make it harder for people to vote, disenfranchise people, etc.  I support neither voter fraud nor disenfranchisement.  See how easy that is?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's a tag team effort to both suppress the vote and instill distrust in the process by pushing fears about voter fraud; funded by these guys below--one of the Veritas Project's larger donors. I think the Donors Trust as well gave O'Keefe close to 2 million dollars recently. They want the courts packed for the next century.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/05/conservative-dark-money-network-voting-restrict/

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Lol, jesus christ Bern. Did you wake up this morning and just decide to light your credibility on fire?

I ran across the story this morning.  If you know more about it, please share.  I did an internet search and haven't found much more about the story.  This report from the NY Post

https://nypost.com/2020/09/27/project-veritas-uncovers-ballot-harvesting-fraud-in-minnesota/

claims the original video by Liban Mohamed was posted July 1.  If Liban Mohamed really is the brother of Minneapolis City Council member Jamal Osman, I doubt it was part of any Project Veritas/O'Keefe scheme.

• Hook 'Em 1

The NY Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch and has a right leaning bias that is fairly sensationalist with a disregard for fact-checking. Project Veritas is good at creating Swift Boat style videos that are difficult to fact check and by the time the story is debunked, the damage is done. Very reprehensible tactic.

36 minutes ago, bernorange said:

I ran across the story this morning.  If you know more about it, please share.  I did an internet search and haven't found much more about the story.  This report from the NY Post

https://nypost.com/2020/09/27/project-veritas-uncovers-ballot-harvesting-fraud-in-minnesota/

claims the original video by Liban Mohamed was posted July 1.  If Liban Mohamed really is the brother of Minneapolis City Council member Jamal Osman, I doubt it was part of any Project Veritas/O'Keefe scheme.

I know enough about Project Veritas to know there's a 99.9% chance they're full of shit. You do too. 

4 hours ago, bernorange said:

So you did an internet search and "couldn't find much more about the story." Hmmm.

Did your internet search find anything about project veritas?

5 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Well they've got Veritas in the name. Must be legit. James O'keefe has never steered us wrong before!

There is the case in PA where a new employee "accidentally" threw away 10 absentee military ballots. Your post made me think that it wouldn't shock me if O'Keefe is related to that incident because he wants to expose how easy it is for someone to break the law.