Voter Fraud

ousuxndallas

On 5/15/2018 at 2:18 PM, ousuxndallas said:

Since the other thread didn't make it over.

Let's get this started, in Texas.

Mexican woman charged with voter fraud, accused of illegally voting in 2016 election

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/15/mexican-woman-charged-with-voter-fraud-accused-illegally-voting-in-2016-election.html

Dolemite repped you for this awesome post.  A person was charged with voting illegally.  Since that was 4 years ago, do you know how it turned out?

On 5/16/2018 at 7:17 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

Or simply prosecute identity theft when the IRS sees two SS#s accessed. Hard to find fraud when no one is looking or has a way to protect voter integrity in the first place. I’m sure she was the only one right?

Zork repped you for this post.

C'mon guys, I know you feel the need to FIGHT BACK!!!! but this is pretty lame.  

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Zork repped you for this post.

C'mon guys, I know you feel the need to FIGHT BACK!!!! but this is pretty lame.  

you're talking to people who totally aren't interested in discussing politics and would never participate in a political board

• Like 1

Yeah, I’ll wait on a real news source on that.

Founded in 2017, The Tennessee Star is a news and opinion website with a right-leaning bias in reporting. According to their about page, “We feature articles reporting news, politics, and policy at the state level, primarily from Tennessee. We round out our daily coverage with national stories and thoughtful commentary of interest to our readers.” According to an investigation by Snopes The Tennessee Sun is not a local newspaper, but rather a front for “Tea Party-connected conservative activists: Michael Patrick Leahy and Christina Botteri.” Snopes details connections to conservative donors and PACS as well.

Funded by / Ownership

The Tennessee Star is a “Delaware-registered company, Star News Digital Media, Inc., whose explicit strategy is to target battleground states with conservative news.” Under this company, is the Ohio Star, Michigan Star, Battlegroundstatenews.com, and Minnesota Sun, which are essentially duplicates of the Tennessee Star. Revenue appears to be generated from advertising, however, Snopes goes in-depth in how they are funded.

Analysis / Bias

In review, The Tennessee Star presents news with a conservative bias through story selection that usually favors the right. All articles are properly sourced and generally use credible mainstream sources. There is some use of loaded words within news stories, but not excessive. Editorially, The Tennessee Star has a far-right bias with frequent use of strong emotional loaded words that favor the right and denigrate the left.

Although The Tennessee Star is right biased and generally factual, we cannot rate them High for factual reporting due to the source being exposed as a political activism website that is attempting to look like a local paper. For this reason, we rate them factually Mixed.

On 10/1/2020 at 12:07 AM, Shaggy3.0 said:

Biden’s Texas Political Director Implicated in Massive Mail-In Ballot Harvesting Scheme in Harris County

https://tennesseestar.com/2020/09/30/bidens-texas-political-director-implicated-in-massive-mail-in-ballot-harvesting-scheme-in-harris-county/

So no one has been arrested, and the “investigator” is a PI working for the Hoetz, or however his name is spelled fucktard, that has sued Texas and Abbot 3 different times since covid for various “civil rights” abuses. And is currently suing Abbott and Paxton for the extended early voting period. And the extent of their article is said PI saying “I’m investigating this.”

someone get me in touch with the Tennessee Star, I’ve got their next scoop, it’s “Shaggy 3.0 has an IQ of 13 and is actually Jerry Sandusky.” The source is that I’m currently investigating it myself. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So, we have this two-year old thread and a Republican party that is massively interested in proving voter fraud to support it's voter-ID and other disenfranchisement legislation.

And it looks like we have fewer than a dozen actual fraudulent votes accounted for.

I know I'm convinced.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Incidentally.  I am aware of vote "harvesting" that has taken place in Dallas at the hands of John Wiley Price and Kathy Nealy.  When engaged, they mobilize people to harvest or collect votes by absentee ballot from parts of Dallas that are aged and impoverished and otherwise unlikely to vote.

As far as I know, however, this does not produce "fraudulent" votes because the voters aren't voting for people they otherwise wouldn't.  They may have been convinced to vote on issues they otherwise wouldnt (funding arenas and adjacent retail districts, river tollroads and such), but the votes aren't fraudulent per se.

"Harvesting' =/= fraud absent proof of coercion or ballots marked other than in accordance with the voter's wishes.

Thanks Wildcat.  That tweet implies that his self made video(s) was (were) coerced, but it looks like his original footage was legitimate and PV did some editing wizardry.

Because of various court decisions, so-called ‘ballot harvesting’ - collecting more than the statutory limit of three ballots - was permitted during a five-week period this summer, from July 28 to September 4.   

An attorney for Project Veritas claims Liban Osman’s Snapchat video collecting mail-in ballots was recorded in early July, making it illegal at the time to harvest more than three ballots.  

Liban Osman could not recall the exact date he recorded the video, but said he believed it was in late July.  

That video from July is edited with another video from August, when Liban Osman is heard boasting about money in politics. “Money is everything. It’s the key to this world,” he says.

The unedited video reveals the comments were clearly directed at his brother’s 11 opponents in the Ward 6 special election, many of whom were operating shoe-string campaigns.   

‘Why are you defending Ilhan Omar?’

Liban Osman said he was approached by community activist Omar Jamal, who is a so-called ‘insider’ for Project Veritas and appears to be their primary source.

Omar Jamal, who he had not met previously, told him Project Veritas would pay him $10,000 to say he was harvesting ballots for Congresswoman Ilhan Omar.   

“He said, ‘Why are you defending Ilhan Omar?’” Liban recounts. “’They (Project Veritas) are not after you or your brother. Why are you defending her?’’”  

“I told him he was insane and walked away,” Liban Osman said.

https://www.fox9.com/news/subject-of-project-veritas-voter-fraud-story-says-he-was-offered-bribe

Too bad the reporting doesn't identify the timeline on when the bribe offer took place relative to Liban's original videos being recorded/posted.  Looks to me like Liban may have technically broken the 3 ballot rule before the July 28 period, but he probably wasn't part of an elaborate scheme as the PV edits make it seem.

This isn't the first time or even the second time O'Keefe has bribed or tried to bribe people to create stories for him. He's not a reporter who's made mistakes in the past but whose stories merit further investigation, he's a political ratfucker who lies constantly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/2/2020 at 11:28 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Is there a separate topic for election fraud? I lazily didn't search very long. This isn't voter fraud but it is very very not good maybe? Remember in the election thread I was saying Brian Kemp wasn't done yet? He's not done yet.

Dominion Voting Sytems.  Can they be more obvious?

so, no actual votes cast, completely boneheaded plot of sending 100 ballots to a previously unused po box was immediately flagged and investigated, is that right?  well, clearly, we need to make sure people have to visit a polling place in person on tuesday november 3rd between the hours of 9 am and 4pm to display a driver's license that they need for nothing else (like my dad, who can't drive due to blindness and whose bank account is 40 years old so why the fuck would he open another one) so that plots like this can continue to be foiled.

Edited by elfenix

18 hours ago, elfenix said:

so, no actual votes cast, completely boneheaded plot of sending 100 ballots to a previously unused po box was immediately flagged and investigated, is that right?  well, clearly, we need to make sure people have to visit a polling place in person on tuesday november 3rd between the hours of 9 am and 4pm to display a driver's license that they need for nothing else (like my dad, who can't drive due to blindness and whose bank account is 40 years old so why the fuck would he open another one) so that plots like this can continue to be foiled.

17 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

It’s almost like Congress should’ve passed a Bill to spend money on safeguarding elections...

17 hours ago, staboner said:

no no no, we can do nothing about anything remember. its just the way it is sadly.

And there's no way we can ever handle this online, just like we can never do our banking online,  enroll for college or apply for a job, or receive refunds from, or make payments to the Treasury, or engage in transactions with the Social Security Administration, or view our medical records online, etc., etc.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And there's no way we can ever handle this online, just like we can never do our banking online,  enroll for college or apply for a job, or receive refunds from, or make payments to the Treasury, or engage in transactions with the Social Security Administration, or view our medical records online, etc., etc.

voting_software.png

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2030:_Voting_Software

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, elfenix said:

voting_software.png

As somebody who has been in the computer industry/IT/etc. for most of the last 25 years, I find that amusing, but we do so much online these days, up to and including the census, renewing our licenses, etc., and there are plenty of checks and balances that could be implemented. 

These days, it's far easier, cheaper, and legal to run ads/guerilla marketing/astroturfing online and on TV to get people out to vote (or try and keep them home), than it is to engage in mass voter fraud.

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

As somebody who has been in the computer industry/IT/etc. for most of the last 25 years, I find that amusing, but we do so much online these days, up to and including the census, renewing our licenses, etc., and there are plenty of checks and balances that could be implemented. 

These days, it's far easier, cheaper, and legal to run ads/guerilla marketing/astroturfing online and on TV to get people out to vote (or try and keep them home), than it is to engage in mass voter fraud.

Agree. Many people freak out if even discussing online voting. They seem to think that voting in person and central processing of votes somehow bypasses computers and online systems.

There are checks that could be put in place that could make online voting very safe and accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Texas.  Over 11 million votes cast.  Result of audit demanded by Trumpkins? A discrepancy of a few dozen votes.  An error rate that, even if those are actual vote-counting errors, that is so de minimis as to have zero meaning or impact.  https://www.texastribune.org/2021/12/31/secretary-state-texas-election-audit/

So, what will we do in response to this?  Sharply curtail the ability of people -- typically the most vulnerable -- to vote.

"Election Integrity" is a fake solution to a non-existent problem, done for one reason, ADMITTED to by the GOP over and over and over -- exclude as many likely Dem voters as possible.  When the ruling party rigs the election rules to ensure that they win even when they don't have majority support.....that's the shit we grew up making fun of when I was a kid.  Now, it's how we govern things at home.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Texas.  Over 11 million votes cast.  Result of audit demanded by Trumpkins? A discrepancy of a few dozen votes.  An error rate that, even if those are actual vote-counting errors, that is so de minimis as to have zero meaning or impact.  https://www.texastribune.org/2021/12/31/secretary-state-texas-election-audit/

So, what will we do in response to this?  Sharply curtail the ability of people -- typically the most vulnerable -- to vote.

"Election Integrity" is a fake solution to a non-existent problem, done for one reason, ADMITTED to by the GOP over and over and over -- exclude as many likely Dem voters as possible.  When the ruling party rigs the election rules to ensure that they win even when they don't have majority support.....that's the shit we grew up making fun of when I was a kid.  Now, it's how we govern things at home.

This is all set up for throwing out votes from heavy dem districts in 2024. Abbott / Patrick / Paxton are ready to scream voter fraud in a district like mine and attempt to throw out votes. My district votes about 70% dem 

It’ll go to the SC and everyone knows that Roberts just loves crushing voters rights 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is all set up for throwing out votes from heavy dem districts in 2024. Abbott / Patrick / Paxton are ready to scream voter fraud in a district like mine and attempt to throw out votes. My district votes about 70% dem 

It’ll go to the SC and everyone knows that Roberts just loves crushing voters rights 

They're really pretty transparent about their goal -- give Republican state governments carte blanche to simply declare votes - statewide, or precinct by precinct - "tainted," throw them out, and simply award the election to the Republican candidate.  They have TOLD us that's what they intend to do.  We should believe them.

• Like 1