United boarding

closetohumping

24 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I’m group c and got to the gate three minutes after boarding begins and they were already on group five.  Usually it takes 20 minutes to get to that point.  Are they normally that fast?  Obviously I prefer it over the latter but sort of a shock the system moment

T&P on checking your bag. 

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I’m group c and got to the gate three minutes after boarding begins and they were already on group five.  Usually it takes 20 minutes to get to that point.  Are they normally that fast?  Obviously I prefer it over the latter but sort of a shock the system moment

I fly United regularly.  They've gotten pretty efficient at boarding.  Fortunately, I'm a group 1 boarder so no issues with overhead bin space.  

3 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

I fly United regularly.  They've gotten pretty efficient at boarding.  Fortunately, I'm a group 1 boarder so no issues with overhead bin space.  

Oh I’m good with the bin issue I just move other peoples shit out.  My point is you have to be vigilant if you’re the type to chill at the bar and watch the line.  

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

the right way to do this is get seat 1B, time your last drink at the bar so you're just walking up as they're about to call your name on the PA, walk on plane closing cabin door behind you, take your seat, and take off.  last on, first off. 

Pretty close to my strategy.  I get pissed if I can't get 1B and have to risk not getting my preferred snack box.  😀

On 10/12/2021 at 12:52 PM, shakahorn said:

Group c?  Maybe you're on the wrong airline.

My biggest gripe with United is that even if you're Group "1" there's like 50 people ahead of you.  Global Services, 1K, military, disabled, families with kids under 2.  

I’m telling you for whatever reason they were through group 5 within four minutes.  Usually it takes 20 minutes before the second group can board.  

On 10/12/2021 at 2:52 PM, shakahorn said:

Group c?  Maybe you're on the wrong airline.

My biggest gripe with United is that even if you're Group "1" there's like 50 people ahead of you.  Global Services, 1K, military, disabled, families with kids under 2.  

Yup, 70% of the plane has already boarded by the time they get to Group 2.  United's priority system is shit.

CSB Alert: I was a 1K and waiting to preboard a flight from Brazil to Houston and there were at least 10 GS in front of me and 20 other 1Ks.  Not that it matters, but shit the Group 5 folks on that flight might as well wait until we're taxiing to line up.

• 7 months later...