A Redneck in Sonoma

Paco

I decided fuck working another Texas summer, so I took a job in Sonoma county, should be here till October.

Things I've noticed in my first week:

The weather is awesome.

Everything is expensive as FUCK.

I seem to be the only one wearing any sort of camo as part of my everyday attire.

Shitload of chain restaurants.

There's a lot of people here.

Did I mention everything is expensive as fuck?

So gimme tips on shit to do and things to see. Much appreciated.

What part of the county?  Sound like you are not in Sonoma itself.  Western Sonoma County will be most welcoming to rednecks.  Guerneville was very NASCARy last time we were there (which was surprising because the time before that, in the early 2000's it was gay and fabulous).  Just get on the river.  You'll have a good time.  Jealous.

My job is in Petaluma, and I've found some temporary digs in town. But I'll keep looking, if something more interesting comes up I can move easily.

And yes, I can dig me some wine.

14 hours ago, Paco said:

My job is in Petaluma, and I've found some temporary digs in town. But I'll keep looking, if something more interesting comes up I can move easily.

Well you are not far from the epicenter of American fine wine.  Go check out Behrens Family Winery.  Hope you dont get carsick from the drive.

Welcome to the area, I've been out here off and on since November, I know nothing about Petaluma outside of Lagunitas being there. If you don't like IPA's you're SOL, if you do then head north to Santa Rosa, HenHouse Brewing makes great beer, Russian River in downtown Santa Rosa, Third Street Ale works and Beer Baron Bar & Kitchen which has a great selection of beer whiskies and bourbon are all within walking distance of each other

Mentioned the chain restaurants.  They are strong in Santa Rosa and even Sonoma.  There are some great local restaurants on the Sonoma square, though.  Try the Napa area for better local fare.

Yes, everything is expensive as fuck despite it being a glorified farm town.

20 hours ago, Paco said:

I seem to be the only one wearing any sort of camo as part of my everyday attire.

lol

My Uncle used to rodeo the Sierra Circuit (I guess they don't even call it that anymore) based out of Santa Rosa. Lots of good rodeos/fairs in Sebastopol, Russian River, Petaluma & etc in the area. But that was like a hundred years ago.  Good luck & etc.

I wish. So many apartments have these discriminatory rules like "Dogs less than 50 lbs". WTF? I think Hanks head weighs 50 lbs.

You took Hank to California?

How’d you get him there? C-130?

18 hours ago, Paco said:

Petaluma definitely has a flavor of redneck outside of the downtown fancy stuff.  and as said above Guerneville is definitely red-neck ish.   Santa Rosa also has some definite blue collar to it.