Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

KD is at least 7 feet tall, according to many of his NBA peers. I can't count the number of times I've heard an NBA player insist that KD is at least 7 feet tall, as they describe how impossible it is to guard someone that size with that type of skill/agility/handle. Plus, there are plenty of photos of him during Team USA practices/events which show that he's easily taller than guys like Boogie Cousins. I'm not sure why KD likes to fight that claim so much, but all of the evidence has me convinced that he's at least 7 feet tall. 

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Let’s not forget he was drafted number 2 because Greg Oden was 1 inch taller and not skilled or mobile enough to play anywhere except right under the basket ... which in those days somehow made him more valuable.  

Oden was also 43 years old.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Reportedly, he has a pretty stout tech/VC portfolio.  Be really cool if he could continue to grow his wealth and one day buy a franchise.  KD as an owner would be fantastic.

Except for the whole supporting Stephen Jackson supporting Desean Jackson's antisemitism thing today

58 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Except for the whole supporting Stephen Jackson supporting Desean Jackson's antisemitism thing today

Did he? All I saw was that he liked DJax's photo of Louis Farrakhan on IG.

Still less than ideal, given all of Farrakhan's obscenely racist statements.

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Kermit said:

Stephen Jackson is the one going full regard. Dude had buried any of the goodwill he built up after the George Floyd murder. Not surprising though. 

Meh. Jackson will just little slap on the wrist, if that, and no one will condemn a thing either of them said. 

Welcome to June 2020, and welcome to one whacked out world going forward.  

On 7/7/2020 at 5:42 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Reportedly, he has a pretty stout tech/VC portfolio.  Be really cool if he could continue to grow his wealth and one day buy a franchise.  KD as an owner would be fantastic.

He should pull the ultimate move by buying OKC and moving them back to Seattle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30018058/see-brooklyn-nets-having-head-coach

"I don't really see us having a head coach," Irving said on Durant's new podcast, "The Etcs." "KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach [some days]."

Durant followed up by agreeing with Irving, calling it a "collaborative effort" and naming assistant and former interim head coach Jacque Vaughn as someone who could fill the role any given day.

Lol. The fuck did Steve Nash get himself into?

4 hours ago, Post Oak said:

This is all going to crash and burn. I don't think I could name great players I would want to coach less.

KD is coachable; it's Kyrie who is a total nut case and cancer. I'm not exactly thrilled to be watching KD playing with another Westbrook-like teammate, in that, no matter how fake eyes he is, he is not a winning player. period. and he drags everyone else down with him. ugh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

I don't know if I have ever heard a more baffling statement by an NBA player about this subject.  I'll give KD a slight pass because he was just kind of going with the flow, but he didn't exactly nip Kyrie in the bud either.  I don't expect Kyrie to display any real leadership at all, but I would hope KD would reach out to Nash somehow and ensure there are no lingering issues before everyone gets into team activities, etc.  This is a really good team too if everyone is healthy next year.

Full context unless y'all are really looking to get incensed over a click bait snippet:

In the hour-long interview, Kyrie said, “We don’t need someone to come in with their coaching philosophy, change everything we’re doing, change up the wheel, and we’re going to start running on the first day of practice. No!” Durant and Irving might have a lot of say in matters, and that should make Nash’s job as a coach interesting. Kyrie even suggested, “It’s going to change the way we see coaches. I don’t really see us having a head coach. KD could be a head coach; I could be a head coach.”

Durant closed the conversation and said, “A lot of people may question our leadership, overall or just us two. But when me and Ky talked about being coached every single day, that’s leading by example. A lot our teammates are going to follow suit once they see we’re getting coached and continue to ask questions about the game.”

19 hours ago, Post Oak said:

This is all going to crash and burn. I don't think I could name great players I would want to coach less.

Glad you aren't an NBA GM then, because Durant is and has been a coach's wet dream his entire career. Go find me anything from Barnes, Brooks, Donovan, Kerr, Coach K or Pop where they question his work ethic, coachability, or receptiveness to criticism. You will only find the opposite. Every coach in the NBA and abroad would kill for the opportunity to work with KD.

I agree about KD/coaching too.  For all of his well known sensitivities and on occasion just strange interactions with the press and especially social media, it has never seemed to translate to his coaches at all as far as I have seen.   

21 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Dip his feet in the water and see what coaching is like and what it takes. A stepping stone to another coaching job or maybe he decides it isn't for him and he moves on to something else.

2 hours ago, UTDD said:

I agree about KD/coaching too.  For all of his well known sensitivities and on occasion just strange interactions with the press and especially social media, it has never seemed to translate to his coaches at all as far as I have seen.   

KDs problem has always been that he takes on the personality of the strongest personality on the team. In OKC he started acting like Westbrook, in GS it was Draymond and now hes just following Kyrie

• Hook 'Em 3

• 1 month later...

Pos rep...

I don't know if it'll go down as Sam Bowie-bad, but it's gotta be close.  I mean, Durant will end up as an all-time Top 10 NBA player before all is said and done.  Granted Jordan is GOAT, but Bowie actually had a few really good years and lasted a full decade.  So the delta between Durant and Oden is about the same, IMO as Bowie and Jordan.  

What the fuck though Portland?  You voluntarily drafted a 43 year old man with bad knees, no hair, and threw $20mm at him.  And he was so old when he finished playing, he fucking forgot to announce his retirement.  The time between his draft and his retirement was 9 years.  NINE.  Despite playing the total minutes equivalent of one full season (2,000 minutes---the benchmark for one full season as a starter).  At least Bowie went out with some immediate decency after one crap season with the Lakers.  

Anyway, what were we talking about?  Oh yeah, go K.D.! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 5:02 PM, ztejas said:

Is there any justification for quarantining him over covid?  He’s been sick gotten better and has the anti bodies. He’s immune, right?  Or is this just a big brother flex by the nba? 

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It's really cool getting to see another fanbase fall in love with him. The Warriors were already spoiled when he came along and a lot of their fans didn't like the way that he stole Curry's thunder. Nets fans already think he is about the greatest thing ever and are understanding more and more how good he is. It's pretty rare for a guy to sign with a team and immediately be the best player that's ever played for that franchise. I mean... nine straight 25 point nights is nothing for KD. This is only the ninth time he's done it in his career, sure, but that's partially due to the fact that he has streaks of 41 and 29 games in his career scoring at least 25.

Forty one fucking games. And NINE straight is the Nets all time record. 

It would be neat if he brought them a championship. They are certainly deserving. Unlike the asshole Lakers getting LeBron.

• Hook 'Em 1