Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, KaitlyynDuff said:

Kevin Durant is one of the most amazing players that I have ever seen to pick up a basketball. From what we have seen in his career, he just plays so well as a natural scorer and no one comes close. Make sure that you are talking about his days at all of his teams as his time in college, OKC, Golden State and now Brooklyn. He is amazing and this is great to see that he is back from his injury. It is sad to see that people still hold him hostage because of the GSW fiasco but he just wanted what was best for his career rings-wise which he proved to be right as he won two titles and two Finals MVPs.

From a pure scoring skillset, I have him right up there with anyone that has ever played the game.  I always hate trying to be fair and even rate UT players, but I feel like for me he is going to end up when it's all said and done roughly #11-15 all-time.  I also kind of thought KD could get a lot of the GS legacy stuff off his back a little with multiple titles with Brooklyn, and that might still be the case even though they have Harden now.  (This Brooklyn team is very talented, but they are not the 2017 Warriors, who I'd argue was one of the best teams ever.)  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, UTDD said:

From a pure scoring skillset, I have him right up there with anyone that has ever played the game.  I always hate trying to be fair and even rate UT players, but I feel like for me he is going to end up when it's all said and done roughly #11-15 all-time.  I also kind of thought KD could get a lot of the GS legacy stuff off his back a little with multiple titles with Brooklyn, and that might still be the case even though they have Harden now.  (This Brooklyn team is very talented, but they are not the 2017 Warriors, who I'd argue was one of the best teams ever.)  

KD has never gotten enough credit for how seamlessly he fit in to what GS was doing and how they did nothing but win until he tore his Achilles in the middle of their 3rd straight Finals. 

Obviously they were fucking stacked and the immediate favorites - but just because you out talent everyone and make a huge signing doesn't give you multiple rings by default. 

This BKN team is stacked, too, but if they win in year one or year two and KD gets another FMVP boy oh boy should that cement his legacy. Kyrie and Harden have so many demons to exorcise that it should really outweigh any "yeah but he only wins when he has other superstars with him!" talk. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nets have been my squad since they got Durant. So glad they got Harden too. Holy crap they even have the GOAT flat earther. 

Watching them now even without Durant they look like they will be the squad coming out of the East. 

Since there doesn't need to be a nets thread, this is the nets thread?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Meh. Two hotheads going at it. We know this is what KD does. Rapaport is just riling him up and then putting him on blast. Get a room.

I mean - KD is saying some nasty stuff - but let's be honest - putting you and another grown man's DM convo on Twitter is totally bitchmade.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 5

This thing caught my attention this week. I find the NBA petty drama hilarious and I'm a big NBA fan so I was drawn to it. I have no allegiances or disdain for either guy, mostly neutral. I was pretty confused because after MR went public with the DMs he then tweeted out a couple of video vignettes of him and KD doing these comedy skits together. MR was decked out in Nets gear in one of them so I figured it was all a buildup and pub stunt for some project they are doing together. It didn't really add up why KD would use language like that for a publicity stunt so like I said...confused.

Then MR put out a podcast yesterday which I listened to because I literally sit in my house for 23 hours a day and have nothing better to do. He kind of lays out the entire timetable of how they got to know each other, how those videos fit in (apparently they were shot during KD's GSW stint, which I probably should have picked up on but didn't), a business partnership that never came to fruition, etc etc. Linked below. I gotta say, IF it went down like MR said, KD seems like a psycho to me. Skip the first part if you don't gaf about the barstool stuff. I would 100% be with Pam that this was a publicity stunt if it weren't for the language KD used. Someone involved in the project would have to be smarter than that. 

https://t.co/6o9iDEuzgz?amp=1

Hate to break it to everyone but we knew it the second KD left okc that he was a cunt. KD is and always will be a cunt. In society we live in today sponsors should be cancelling one one the best basketball players of all time. But they won’t because he is the right kind of popular... which is just popular and talented enough to transcend race and injury. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 10

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Hate to break it to everyone but we knew it the second KD left okc that he was a cunt. KD is and always will be a cunt. In society we live in today sponsors should be cancelling one one the best basketball players of all time. But they won’t because he is the right kind of popular... which is just popular and talented enough to transcend race and injury. 

I think that's way too harsh.  He's definitely got a bad history with being thin skinned and how he handles social media, but I think he's done a lot of good that has nothing to do with basketball.  I kind of wish he could ignore certain things or not overreact, but it is what it is...but frankly, compared to Kyrie and Harden, I like my chances of having a better overall character in Durant.  And for basketball, no matter his Warriors/Nets tenure, I think he's guaranteed to be Top 15 all-time at worst and for this generation, # 2 (I no longer believe Curry/Kawhi types will surpass him) behind LeBron.

KD is a spectacular basketball player. A generational talent.

KD is also insecure for a player of his abilities and immature. The result is he often appears to be a thin-skinned bitch on social media. Rappaport is a clown. He shouldn't give him the ammunition to stay relevant, but he cant help himself. 

Both of these statements have been true since he's been in the league. I enjoy watching him play, and think he is generally a good hearted person, but he has his flaws. I doubt Steph and Lebron are dm'ing C-list wannabe's, telling them to suck their dicks and challenging them to  fights like its Jr high. I used to hope that he grows out of it, but he's 32 and still doesn't get it, so its not likely. Doesn't seem to cost him too badly.

https://opendorse.com/blog/nba-top-10-endorsement-earners/

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

KD is a spectacular basketball player. A generational talent.

KD is also insecure for a player of his abilities and immature. The result is he often appears to be a thin-skinned bitch on social media. Rappaport is a clown. He shouldn't give him the ammunition to stay relevant, but he cant help himself. 

Both of these statements have been true since he's been in the league. I enjoy watching him play, and think he is generally a good hearted person, but he has his flaws. I doubt Steph and Lebron are dm'ing C-list wannabe's, telling them to suck their dicks and challenging them to  fights like its Jr high. I used to hope that he grows out of it, but he's 32 and still doesn't get it, so its not likely. Doesn't seem to cost him too badly.

https://opendorse.com/blog/nba-top-10-endorsement-earners/

This is one of the more subtle aspects of being a "one and done" player.  They're emotionally immature.  Sometimes that manifests itself by the idiotic spending sprees and whoring around.

In more "benign" ways, perhaps, it manifests itself like this.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is one of the more subtle aspects of being a "one and done" player.  They're emotionally immature.  Sometimes that manifests itself by the idiotic spending sprees and whoring around.

In more "benign" ways, perhaps, it manifests itself like this.

Perhaps, but I doubt a couple more years of time in Austin living life inside the basketball bubble would have changed much. Its just who KD is. Hell, Lebron never even went to college and he largely avoids all this shit. He may have a better team (brand management, not hoops) advising him, though. His big blunder was how he left Cleveland the first time, but he learned from it. KD keeps being KD.

But to your point, our current phenom Greg Brown is an even bigger example of someone that needs a whole lot of growing up. Even when things are going well, he is way too emotional. Every time he dunks, he's at risk of a technical. The NBA grind would chew that kid up right now. He should stay in school, but who knows what he will do. 

And, as a side comment, I'm still all in favor of anybody getting drafted by the NBA at any point. All sorts of people make poor decisions every day. These kids are 18 and the owners of NBA franchises a lot older than that. Making these kids go to college is one solution, but not a particularly good one. Most don't give a shit about classes. You can fill up the Gleague with top 20 HS talent and college basketball would roll right along. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Hate to break it to everyone but we knew it the second KD left okc that he was a cunt.

Hate to break it to everyone but we knew the second KD left okc that a bunch of butthurt rednecks would immediately forget all of the good he did in that community and how many people he made a lot of money, and revert to the hateful, ungrateful pieces of shit they are.

But yeah, this is a bad look for a dude that never misses an opportunity to blame the media for trying to make him look bad.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

This is a big nothing burger.  Anyone offended by this is a bitch.

Truth.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

...5e38bc15a14d192764121c462c64ca57.jpg

People upset over things said in a private conversation? This country has jumped the shark. 

• Hook 'Em 5

39 minutes ago, WJC88 said:

Truth.

People upset over things said in a private conversation? This country has jumped the shark. 

The fine really isn't about what he said, its a stupidity fine. KD is one of the faces of the league. He is a marquee superstar. The NBA, like every other pro league is heavily dependent on TV/ad revenue. So don't fucking send that kind of language out in a format that notoriety seeking douchebags like Rappaport can post online. Basically, just don't be a fucking dumbass.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah, KD is a thin skinned, easily triggered baby.  I have a bigger issue with him being a raging homophobe.

calling somebody a cocksucker does not make somebody a homophobe. it has zero to do with Durant's view on homosexuals and how he treats gay people in his life. KD isn't exactly Shakespeare and that is just part of his language when he is enraged.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck You 1

KD is dumb when it comes to social media.  He refuses to learn and that's on him and the criticism he takes on the subject is warranted.  That written, Rapaport putting DM's on blast from shit talking he participated is about the most beta thing he could do.  Don't like it?  Don't shit talk with folks and then whine when they hurt your feelings.  The whole thing is silly and should be beneath KD, but...... here we are.....

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

It’s bizarre how chill he is on the court then he magically turns into a 12 yo girl online.  I’m sure that behavior will stop w that massive fine.  Lulz 
I don't remember him like this before he made the move to go to GSW. And the hate came pouring in. He became very jaded and angry with the world. Lebron never did this when he got all the hate after his moves. At least not on social media. I'm not sure why KD cares what others think, especially randoms on social media.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:
It’s bizarre how chill he is on the court then he magically turns into a 12 yo girl online.  I’m sure that behavior will stop w that massive fine.  Lulz 

I don't remember him like this before he made the move to go to GSW. And the hate came pouring in. He became very jaded and angry with the world. Lebron never did this when he got all the hate after his moves. At least not on social media. I'm not sure why KD cares what others think, especially randoms on social media.

It is strange. He's a fucking multi-millionaire and has the thinnest skin. I love me some KD, but damn he's turned into whiny ass. It's the fucking internet. 

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

When he left okc he got caught talking himself up on Twitter with 2-3 fake accounts he controlled. Basically he would bash people who criticized him via his fake accounts. That was the beginning. 

10 hours ago, po elvis said:

calling somebody a cocksucker does not make somebody a homophobe. it has zero to do with Durant's view on homosexuals and how he treats gay people in his life. KD isn't exactly Shakespeare and that is just part of his language when he is enraged.

This times a million. Lot of people putting labels on this that don’t know shit from shinola. 

10 hours ago, po elvis said:

welcome to 2021.  calling someone a cocksucker does make them a a homophobe.

12 hours ago, po elvis said:

"KD isn't a homophobe, he just calls people homophobic slurs in a derogatory manner"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

welcome to 2021.  calling someone a cocksucker does make them a a homophobe.

It’s not. But whatever, there are a lot of dumb folk out there. 

edit: for arguments sake he could be thinking of women sucking cock when he says it, who knows. Seems like mansplaining or misogyny to assume he means only men (or conversely misogynistic if he is thinking about women). So he insulted someone he was mad at, trying to label it homophobic seems like a “you” problem (not this specific poster but the royal you)

Edited by achooloco