Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

10 hours ago, HookEm said:

In 47 years, I never realized cocksucker was a gay slur.  Thanks surly!

shooting star GIF

If you say it to a dude it is. If you say it to a lady it’s not gay it’s tacky and misogynistic. Unless it’s your wife right after she’s given you a blow job. But you better know the room if you are going to trot that one out and ever want to get back in the sex tent again. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

If you call a male a bitch, you are saying he is acting like a woman. Men who act like women or do female sex acts like sucking cock are gay. So I believe calling a man a bitch or a pussy would be homophobic in today’s environment.

Is that how it works? Trying to keep up.

14 hours ago, HookEm said:

shooting star GIF

Weird, just a couple of years ahead of you and I’ve known calling a man a cocksucker is an effort to emasculate them by equating them to a gay man (long viewed as not “manly” or “masculine”) was a gay slur for over 40 years. At least since first hearing it on the playground. Using a word to colloquially slander someone for being gay. A slur, if you will. 

So was your ignorance willful or do just really not understand the world around you and the words you use?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, HookEm said:

shooting star GIF

I've always thought it was as much misogynist.  What could be lower than a cocksucker? Nice attitude toward the wife or girlfriend as well as men who do the same for their partners. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

So was your ignorance willful or do just really not understand the world around you and the words you use?

I guess the later.  I mean, if I call someone a shit-head, I'm not really visualizing them with a piece of shit for a head.  I just mean that they are a pain to deal with.  Once I called something "stupid" and my kids (young at the time) freaked out because I used "THE S WORD!".  Words can have different meaning to different people I supposed.

Over the course of my life I've used words like retarded or gay and gradually retired them as I have come to realize that they carry extra meaning to some people and can be especially hurtful.   Cocksucker, while offensive, has never been a gay slur for me.  Asked my wife if it was a gay slur and she was like wut?????  Doesn't really matter to me because I seldom use the term as it carries enough offense regardless of intent.

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Bc your “understanding” of the world is the only one or even the correct one? Just bc one side says it doesn’t make it true. Not sure we can really reconcile the two views on this. Either way though, posting personal messages sucks and i really IiKe Michael Rappaport most of the time but that’s just a bitch made move. 

32 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If you call someone a cum guzzling bitch you’re trying to emasculate them by insinuating  that they’re gay. If some of y’all don’t see that you should probably re-evaluate your vocabulary. 

On the one hand, you're absolutely right.

On the other, it seems like analyzing someone's choice of insults or cusswords and drawing character inferences may be a hazardous business.  Sure, it's insensitive, but then again so is the act of trying to insult someone using crude or foul language, or even socially acceptable language.

I think it's completely fair to say someone is a juvenile and insensitive clod for resorting to that type of insult or dialog, but it may be stretching it to go beyond that.

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

On the one hand, you're absolutely right.

On the other, it seems like analyzing someone's choice of insults or cusswords and drawing character inferences may be a hazardous business.  Sure, it's insensitive, but then again so is the act of trying to insult someone using crude or foul language, or even socially acceptable language.

I think it's completely fair to say someone is a juvenile and insensitive clod for resorting to that type of insult or dialog, but it may be stretching it to go beyond that.

That's fair.

Not trying to go CR but fuck it we're basically there...

I'd imagine that some of this has to do with KD's upbringing. Not necessarily him being a homophobe or not (which is drawing conclusions that may or may not be accurate like Twice said) but simply the insults used in a spat like this. He grew up very poor without a father in his life in a community that typically isn't a shining example of tolerance and understanding for/of the gay community. I wouldn't excuse his language but I can understand where it might come from. We could also go down the repressed sexuality rabbit hole which isn't out of the realm of possibility.

41 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not trying to go CR but fuck it we're basically there...

I'd imagine that some of this has to do with KD's upbringing. Not necessarily him being a homophobe or not (which is drawing conclusions that may or may not be accurate like Twice said) but simply the insults used in a spat like this. He grew up very poor without a father in his life in a community that typically isn't a shining example of tolerance and understanding for/of the gay community. I wouldn't excuse his language but I can understand where it might come from. We could also go down the repressed sexuality rabbit hole which isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I've used cock sucker, faget, etc when talking shit and it wasn't ever about thinking they were gay, but yeah it's definitely about emasculating said person with the insult. It was just talking shit. I seriously doubt KD is some homophobe (not that you think he is). Several people on here use "faget", but as an insult, not disparaging the LGBTQ community. I just think shit is talked and you go about your day. That's it, imo. KD talks shut, but I don't in any way believe he's homophobic. 

I mean... It's not really about whether he's a homophobe. Or if his comments were homophobic. It's really more about why the fuck did he respond like that, and keep coming back? What in the world did he think he was going to accomplish and why was that fire burning so hot? Seems like a bizarrely disproportionate response. He really should have a better support team at this stage of his career to help him see the bigger picture. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, 4th&Five said:

If you call someone a cum guzzling bitch you’re trying to emasculate them by insinuating  that they’re gay. If some of y’all don’t see that you should probably re-evaluate your vocabulary. 

What if it’s a woman you call that?  Context seems like it should matter here as a homophobic or misogynistic slur. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

I mean... It's not really about whether he's a homophobe. Or if his comments were homophobic. It's really more about why the fuck did he respond like that, and keep coming back? What in the world did he think he was going to accomplish and why was that fire burning so hot? Seems like a bizarrely disproportionate response. He really should have a better support team at this stage of his career to help him see the bigger picture. 
I mean it's already been established KD is sensitive as fuck and a weirdo. But still, for that dork Rappaport to talk the shit he does non stop his whole life but the second anyone fires back, he throws a tantrum and outs those conversations, he's a little weasel. Then gets on national tv and cries about people being mean to him. He can dish it out like a tough guy but shrivels up if someone fires back.
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
10 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I mean it's already been established KD is sensitive as fuck and a weirdo. But still, for that dork Rappaport to talk the shit he does non stop his whole life but the second anyone fires back, he throws a tantrum and outs those conversations, he's a little weasel. Then gets on national tv and cries about people being mean to him. He can dish it out like a tough guy but shrivels up if someone fires back.

Rappaport = Hollywood aggy.

• Hook 'Em 3

Do guys that get traded from a team that goes on to win the NBA Championships still get a ring if they were an important part of the team winning before they got traded before the playoffs?  Or is that just too cumbersome?  Or can it be done on a case-by-case one-off basis?  

Basically can Jarrett Allen get one from the Nets if they win out this year?  Because that would make 3 Longhorns with Aldridge and Durant.  But I digest...

We finally get the answer the question, what would have the 06-07 Longhorns have looked like with Durant at PF and Aldridge at C for that one magical year?  

Fun fact:

Coach Smart was trying to back out of the 2021 Legends Classic tournament this November.  But Chris Beard has insisted on sticking with it and I love it.  Reason I bring it up here is---it's at Barclay's Arena (home of the Nets) and there'll likely be a Durant/Aldridge home game right before or right after the tournament which is the Monday & Tuesday before Thanksgiving.  That'll be huge for all Longhorn players, past and present.  And it features a great field---Texas, 2019 National Champion Virginia, 2021 Final Four UCLA, and Northwestern (give 'em credit, they've won one more game in the Big Dance in the last 6 years than we have).  Can we make HorNets shirts for that week or does sound too much like Whores?  Asking for my friend and sports commentator, Craig James.  Who once had an incident in Brooklyn.  

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Do guys that get traded from a team that goes on to win the NBA Championships still get a ring if they were an important part of the team winning before they got traded before the playoffs?  Or is that just too cumbersome?  Or can it be done on a case-by-case one-off basis?  

Basically can Jarrett Allen get one from the Nets if they win out this year?  Because that would make 3 Longhorns with Aldridge and Durant.  But I digest...

We finally get the answer the question, what would have the 06-07 Longhorns have looked like with Durant at PF and Aldridge at C for that one magical year? 

Rings and who gets them are decided by the organization, not the NBA so it would be up to the Nets.  So..... probably.

However, Allen would not be officially credited as a champion by the NBA because he was not part of the playoff roster or IR.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just as a PSA for any casual NBA fans that still might love KD because he's a Horn:

Durant right now is at the height of his powers as an all-time great player on both ends of the court and is truly special to watch if you want to see what basketball looks like played at its absolute highest level. We have seen this a lot lately since LeBron exists but KD right now is quite literally playing at one of the highest levels the NBA has ever seen. He is easily the Nets best defensive player and in addition to the effortless scoring he has always possessed he is making everyone else around him better and dishing the rock at an elite level for his position. 

They aren't on national TV tonight but they are playing the Spurs at 7pm for anyone in the FSSW that catches those games. 

I mean seriously - I'm totally biased but even setting that bias aside he is doing prime Bird/Hakeem/LeBron shit right now on both ends or if not just a hair below it.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

KD has been cool since that opening stretch but has barely broken a sweat. He really has turned into a LeBron-type game manager that gets his when he needs to but mostly coaches on and off the floor in preparation for the playoffs.

I mean he's still putting up 28/7/5 on .671 TS% which is 1st team all-NBA had he played more but he is almost never stat chasing or chucking.

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Harden comes back today so Kyrie is out. It’s been not fun to have been derived of that team for me. 

I hope them all getting back healthy together won't cost them a title by needing more time to gel. And obviously - I hope they all stay healthy. KD is no shit my fav player - I've been a big Kyrie fan and defender since 2016 and Harden isn't the most unlikable guy out there. 

Also - great example just happened. KD had a bread-and-butter 17-foot pull up in front of him but elected to bounce pass to their young center Claxton who worked a bit for a bucket inside. 

That's leadership and making your teammates better. 

Just watching NBA vids on YT tonight. I know I've screencapped this at one point but I did so again because this is one of the greatest defenses anyone can ever bring in a "KD was overrated or his FMVP/titles don't count" 

This is during game 3 of the 2018 NBA Finals. The Warriors barely edged Houston in 7 games (and probably should have lost) in the WCF and in game 1 of this series had eeked one out against a historic 51 point LeBron James outing (this was the famous and memed LeBron @ JR Smith "WTF WAS THAT?" game).

They travel to Cleveland for game 3 and Durant does this:

But it wasn't just that - because of course KD had put up huge numbers with that team before already with Steph and/or Klay posting similarly impressive stat-lines - it was this graphic that flashed with 14 minutes to play in the game - Warriors up 1- that should end any debate over whether or not Durant is an all-time great and one that still shone under the brightest lights:

kd2018.thumb.png.06149dbaacf83fcd1eebcef46ed26b7f.png

Also - I'll just link this time stamp because you get to see the full play, replay and commentary, but at the tail end of this Mark Jackson says " If I'm LA I'm not allowing Kevin Durant to go one on one the rest of the game". This was barely 30 seconds into the 2nd quarter.

And then he dropped 50 and sent them home on their home floor. 

Oh wow - I'll continue to contribute - he had 38 of those in the first half. Which I believe is a point short of the most points in a 1st half in NBA history? Or in either half? 

But yeah - fucking Steph and Klay and Dray handed him those rings. Steph is great but I've never seen any players talk about him like this (Listen to Lou Will starting at 3:10. And for the Steph boyz I have Steph right behind KD all-time - but KD is already unquestioned top 20 ever and I don't think Steph is).

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1