2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

BU beat VCU 69-61 and advanced to the final but did not look great in the win. VCU pressured Baylor into 19 turnovers and the usually unflappable James Akinjo was guilty of a number of those. 

Meanwhile Michigan State has beaten Loyola Chicago and UConn to reach the tournament championship game. The Spartans and Bears will square off at 10:00 a.m. CST on ESPN.

6 hours ago, harpercollins said:

Great game. I finally convinced husband to look into going to Bahamas next year for thanksgiving and now I find out Baylor is playing in Vegas next year instead which will be better basketball I guess but not as appealing locale.

Who is the sparty fan I used to spar on the old site with?

@Wally Fairway?

Bears looking like they're going to be a problem again. 

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

@Wally Fairway?

Bears looking like they're going to be a problem again. 

Don't think it was me, maybe Baboon - though there are a couple of others. 
I am a football fan first, and a March Madness hoops fan; so I was watching the Longhorns football game. I just don't get excited about college hoops games before late February. That is when Izzo has really worked his magic.

Don't think it was me, maybe Baboon - though there are a couple of others. 
I am a football fan first, and a March Madness hoops fan; so I was watching the Longhorns football game. I just don't get excited about college hoops games before late February. That is when Izzo has really worked his magic.

Oh yeah it was baboontyme. I think I got to know him on trivia crack.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s smart money.  They’ve barely missed a beat. 

Maybe. There's only been 2 repeat champs since UCLA in '73. And just one in the out of high school/1 and done era (Fla 06/07).

+2k ain't bad though. 

Edited by ztejas

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Maybe. There's only been 2 repeat champs since UCLA in '73. And just one in the out of high school/1 and done era (Fla 06/07).

+2k ain't bad though. 

You're talking about them winning it all?  No, you make that bet because there's so much damn value you'll have a million ways to hedge.  Unless you get greedy and decide to go for it all, you'll get plenty of money out of that bet. 

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You're talking about them winning it all?  No, you make that bet because there's so much damn value you'll have a million ways to hedge.  Unless you get greedy and decide to go for it all, you'll get plenty of money out of that bet. 

I understand. That value isn't there yet though. Just checked and someone had them at +2500 yesterday. Of course you can hedge it if they like - make the Final Four. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

I understand. That value isn't there yet though. Just checked and someone had them at +2500 yesterday. Of course you can hedge it if they like - make the Final Four. 

True, and I just put a few hundred myself.  It's guaranteed to fall on it's face now.  Trey can thank me later. 

• Haha 1

(pokes head in)

Oh, hey.  Basketball!

Fuck Iowa.  I'm jacked for Thursday night.  Hilton will be out for blood.  I want to see Jordan Bohannon cry bitch tears.  I'm not going to get out over my skis, but I fucking love this team.  They aren't the most talented dudes, but they absolutely bring it on the defensive end, crash the boards, and run aggressive offensive sets with near constant ball movement.  This is night and day from those bitchass Prohm teams that were loaded with talent but lacked cohesion and toughness.

It's still too early to know what this team's actual ceiling is (I think the bubble is the best we can hope for), but Hilton's going to chew some teams up this year.

I thought the Otzelberger hire was lazy and uninspired, but so far it's been anything but.  Looking forward to the future of ISU hoops, especially with how wild the new Big 12 will be on the hardwood.

• Like 3

Enjoyed watching Tech play real defense tonight.  Did not enjoy watching the spurt/spit/chuck it on offense.

LOLz at the Red Raiders not being ranked, given the returning players they have, combined with the incoming transfers.  The beauty of college hoops is that the politics and bullshit work themselves out on the court, and not the opinions of fart sniffers and morons.

Tech is going be a tough out for anyone they face.  Gotta improve on offense/ shot selection.  Keep that defense though.  

Tech 57, (13) Tennessee 52, OT

20 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

91c14a059a80a6c3cc2816316759180f.gif

Nice beatdown on the hawkeyes tonight. Iowa St +180 on the moneyline seemed to good to be true, I shoulda bet more. If i had to guess, I'd say you are better than a bubble team sitting at 9-0 with wins over memphis, xavier, and iowa. Conference looking tough as usual.

7 hours ago, Blotto said:

Nice beatdown on the hawkeyes tonight. Iowa St +180 on the moneyline seemed to good to be true, I shoulda bet more. If i had to guess, I'd say you are better than a bubble team sitting at 9-0 with wins over memphis, xavier, and iowa. Conference looking tough as usual.

It's really tough to peg where this team's ceiling is.  I keep expecting to them to come back down to earth, but they just keep chewing people up and spitting them out.  When Baylor gets here on New Year's, we might be a top 10 team.

I don't think that we have the talent to be upper half of the league, but I really think we can go like 8-10 or 9-9 in conference play at this point, and that puts us safely into the Dance.  And this team's style could translate really well into getting hot during a tournament.

Any beat down of Fran McCaffery is a good beat down. He’s an A-hole
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hard to believe, blOU putting it on #12 arky right now on ESPN2...     only 4 minutes left

blOU     72

arky       57

Crazy Eric Musselman just went nuts and got 2 technicals and was thrown out.  His team was getting ass kicked so I guess he couldn't stand to watch anymore... 😂😂😂 

blOU     80

arky       60

only 2 minutes left now

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Crazy Eric Musselman just went nuts and got 2 technicals and was thrown out.  His team was getting ass kicked so I guess he couldn't stand to watch anymore... 😂😂😂 

blOU     80

arky       60

only 2 minutes left now

Final  88-66  blOU beats arky