2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

I know Tech is missing Shannon but they don't have a PG. 

This is the recipe to beat them. Hound them on the perimeter and they don't have anyone that can create off the dribble.  

Lol we're missing far more than Shannon tonight. Including the one guy on the roster that's the closest thing to a PG we have.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lol we're missing far more than Shannon tonight. Including the one guy on the roster that's the closest thing to a PG we have.

It was definitely a great effort tonight with a limited roster but the point still remains. 

Tech was 244th in turnover percentage and 104th in assist rate prior to this game. There isn't a PG on the roster which is why those numbers are so bad. A slightly above average PG and Tech is a top 15 team. 

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It was definitely a great effort tonight with a limited roster but the point still remains. 

Tech was 244th in turnover percentage and 104th in assist rate prior to this game. There isn't a PG on the roster which is why those numbers are so bad. A slightly above average PG and Tech is a top 15 team. 

You ain't wrong. We can mostly make do when Mylik Wilson is healthy, but he hasn't played since he got hurt in the Tennessee game.

It's just really frustrated because we are actually really deep this year, but when half your team can't suit out it starts getting real thin.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

You ain't wrong. We can mostly make do when Mylik Wilson is healthy, but he hasn't played since he got hurt in the Tennessee game.

It's just really frustrated because we are actually really deep this year, but when half your team can't suit out it starts getting real thin.

Yeah, it sucks but I think it will all even itself out by the end of the year. 

My guess is everyone will end up going through similar circumstances. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Just saw that. What gives?

Sloppy play. 9 turnovers. Miles for TCU has been automatic. TCU was down 8 and went on a 14-2 run. I don't recall anyone going on a run like that against Baylor yet this year. 

Edited by El Diablo
The runs
  • Rage+1 1

Baylor's Jeremy Sochan left the game earlier with a sprained ankle. Came back out with a boot on his foot. TCU's Miles may have injured his hand earlier and hasn't been quite the same since. 

Adam Flagler has 5 3's in the 2nd half. 

BU leads 63-58 at the U8 TO. Baylor to inbounds after.

Flagler drains another 3. 

Edited by El Diablo

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Saw a lot of nice moving and cutting to get open. Where’s that in our offense? 

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

seriously.  it was like night and day watching those two offenses back to back.

Not to beat a dead horse but the offense he likes to run was a constant headache for Tech fans. It really only clicked in the latter half of one season (guess which one), it wasn't really that good even in our elite 8 season prior to that. It was one of the main points of emphasis for Adams when he took over, he did not want to run that quasi-Knight style motion. In my opinion, it relies far too much on individual effort over team basketball. The 2019 Tech team had a combination of a few deadly 3 point threats coupled with a few guys on the floor that could absolutely put their defender in a blender if they needed to. It's rare to have all that on a college basketball team these days, any team, I don't care who you are.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

OU up 67-61 now

Is there some legal requirement for OU to have at least one player that looks like a meth head?

You don't want to allow them homegrown talent?

46 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

To be fair, it's not exactly embarrassing to be outcoached by Porter Moser. He's done a lot of that in his career so far.

First, I wanna say Porter’s best work won’t be at OU.  He will go on to much bigger things.  If you actually know hoops and watch his teams he’s just incredible.  

Now, let me call my shot, Porter will go down as a better coach than Beard.  Castiglione is a beast.  

To be fair, it's not exactly embarrassing to be outcoached by Porter Moser. He's done a lot of that in his career so far.

I’m not down on TJ at all. He’s still pretty young and learning, and the turn around is remarkable thus far.

But if he has a weakness, it seems to be circling the wagons on offense when things start to not work.

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Anyone that goes .500 in this conference should be a tournament team no questions asked. I could see an 8-10 team get a bubble look. 

It will do better than just a bubble look. Several 8-10 Big 12 teams have made the tournament in the past. First ones that come to mind are Texas and OU in '17-18 and K-State in '16-17. There are more examples but I'm too lazy to go find them. 

People drastically undervalue how good the Big 12 is. 8-10 is just as likely to get you into the tournament as it is for you to miss the tournament. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

8-10 is just as likely to get you into the tournament as it is for you to miss the tournament. 

Right. That's what being on the bubble means. Maybe I phrased it poorly. 

I just know that it depends on the year and didn't want to assume 8-10 B12 teams will for sure make it in. 

• Like 1