2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Didn't get to see him play much so can't say. Couple of others have implied he's no big loss, but that gets said anytime someone quits/portals.

Wherever he ends up, hope he does well and finds whatever he's looking for.

Tyson wasn’t good in the minutes he got this year and the advanced stats definitely back that up. He was riding the bench for a reason. 

That’s not to say he can’t become a good player though. True FR often struggle. 

27 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Tyson wasn’t good in the minutes he got this year and the advanced stats definitely back that up. He was riding the bench for a reason. 

That’s not to say he can’t become a good player though. True FR often struggle. 

True. He did look really good in HS so he'll probably end up alright.

11 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Didn't get to see him play much so can't say. Couple of others have implied he's no big loss, but that gets said anytime someone quits/portals.

Wherever he ends up, hope he does well and finds whatever he's looking for.

I viewed Tyson as a less explosive comp of Jordan Hamilton. He's a big bodied wing who can shoot. People were overly critical of his body and athleticism, but he wasn't that bad from the little I saw of him. He's just not as explosive as what we've become accustomed to over the past few years. In our offense our guys really don't get much opportunity to work in space so it's difficult to for younger forwards to make the quick, efficient decisions that you need to thrive in this offense. 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Been there, done that.  :)

I don't expect we'll quite see the same outcome you saw on Saturday.

I think this plays out a lot like our trip to Norman did.  We frustrate them for awhile, but they run away late.  I think we can beat 'em in Hilton though.  And THAT is how you measure whether or not ISU/Hilton is truly back.

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

10-4 Baylor on the boards so far. That's where Tech was abusing the JHawks so I'm a bit surprised by that. I think Raiders had 54 rebounds against TN this year.

I said it on a Tech board but Kansas is really soft inside. Said we wouldn't see that from any other team in this conference, more than likely. I'm being proven right so far!

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Baylor's offense is crazy to watch...for as good as our defense has been, you can't outrun the basketball. We really need some shooters.

Baylor feels like a bad matchup for us.

It looks brutal so far. After watching the KU game I was excited to see how Tech would match up against Baylor. I'm less excited at this point. 

I will say the Tech-Texas games should be dynamite. Baylor just looks  like they're on another level in almost every facet of the game. Not vis a vis Tech. Vis a vis everyone. At least in the Big 12.

I sure don't want to see the Bears crush everyone on their way to another national title. I loathe Scott Drew, but what he's put together this year impresses me even more than what he did to get the program to this state.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Baylor's offense is crazy to watch...for as good as our defense has been, you can't outrun the basketball. We really need some shooters.

Baylor feels like a bad matchup for us.

Baylor has been a bad matchup for just about anyone the past three seasons.

Edited by Braff Zacklin