2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

What an absolutely insane game. It would have been so easy for any team, being down 15 fucking points in the #1 team's house to just tuck their tails and wilt away. Instead, when we were down 31-16, we went on a 10-0 run to end the half, which wound up being a 17-2 run extending into the 2nd half to tie the game at 33. The fucking balls on this team are something else. They play with ice water in their veins and it mirrors the head coach. I could not be happier with the position we're in right now.

We were like one healthy player away from starting conference play 3-0 in one of the most brutal conference opening schedules in the country (if not the most brutal). Insane.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

https://twitter.com/hassel_chris/status/1481099889769684999?s=21

I don’t want to be that guy. I don’t want to be that guy.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Yep, that's EXACTLY the play I was referring to above. They didn't replay it so I wasn't 100% sure, but it definitely looked like it in real time. How do you miss that?

Edited by Brian Fantana

Yep, that's EXACTLY the play I was referring to above. They didn't replay it so I wasn't 100% sure, but it definitely looked like it in real time. How do you miss that?

Well, it’s Phog. So that’s pert near par for the course there.

Life on the road in this league. We need 7 more wins to Dance and this effort will bring us at least that.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

The fuck is your problem you big ass baby lmao

Idk, Did Lubbock not pay the AOL monthly fee or did one of your alumni forget to reregister and pay for herpes.com so y’all can post your hot takes in say, maybe a tech forum?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Anyone on this board that isn’t tech alumni needs to immediately take tech’s member out of their mouth. If it was possible for both teams to rack up a big 12 loss tonight I would have taken it. 

Meh, fuck Baylor, and maybe now tech fans will stop being such titty babys about Beard.

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Meh, fuck Baylor, and maybe now tech fans will stop being such titty babys about Beard.

It’s frickin tech. They rub their horns down faux rivalry into our face way more than Baylor and that’s saying something because Texas lives rent free in both of their fan bases’ heads.

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It looked there was a top tier in the Big 12 with Baylor and Kansas but there isn’t. Kansas almost lost their 2nd in a row tonight. 

This is going to be a wild ride. 

Kansas isn't wowing anyone. They were slotted behind Texas in a lot of preseason rankings. 

I still think BU is the squad to beat.

27 minutes ago, JWinTX said:

Kansas is SOFT…no big guys, poor point guard play, and their forwards are prone to lots of misses. And they can’t guard anyone with decent size or skill.

This Big XII race will be between Baylor, Tech, an Texas.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I think Kansas is the most overrated team in the Big 12. 

They need to get McCormack back to playing like he was last year and that would solve a lot of issues. I just wish we were playing Kansas right now because it seems like they are there for the taking. If they get McCormack going things might change. 

Edited by texasstrong12

5 hours ago, Newdoc said:

Ahh, the raider board is calling. Wonder how many Texas alums are posting over there.

The Tech boards generally suck. This Eskimo Pie runoff saloon pimped by an aggy tends to be better.

Lucky everyone!!!

Alrighty then, so much for the perfect season. Congrats to Tech. Defense is all about effort and the Red Raiders gave more effort than the home team in Waco last night.

Drew doesn't have the senior guards he had last year and he's going to have to find something that works for the team he has this year. Against average effort the Bears can win on talent and good effort. They still need to find that next level because that's what opponents are bringing when they play Baylor this year because of what last year's Baylor team accomplished. Sins of the older brothers I guess. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. I think Kansas is the most overrated team in the Big 12. 

They need to get McCormack back to playing like he was last year and that would solve a lot of issues. I just wish we were playing Kansas right now because it seems like they are there for the taking. If they get McCormack going things might change. 

I was really shocked at how soft Kansas was on the interior when we played them. We did whatever we wanted in the paint all night. Baylor was much stronger, at least initially until we figured it out.