2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys clearly haven't met enough KU fans.

Go read the Phog board (or 247 these days).  They think the refs had an open agenda AGAINST Self and the game was only close because the refs called in ISU's favor.

We don't call them God's Gift for nothing.  They are delusional. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Go read the Phog board (or 247 these days).  They think the refs had an open agenda AGAINST Self and the game was only close because the refs called in ISU's favor.

They complained endlessly about the officiating in the game against us. Said that we weren't allowed to "restrict movement" and that our defense was illegal. They're insane. They have a lot of rational fans that try to curtail the nutjobs, but the nutjobs are too numerous.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We don't call them God's Gift for nothing.  They are delusional. 

ISU's never legitimately beaten them, ever.  In the Floyd/Eustachy years, we were just thugs that got away with fouls.  During the Hoiberg era, we could only shoot 3s, which apparently doesn't count or something.

Beating KU is a satisfaction that football doesn't really have an equivalency to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

And this is exactly why I come to shaggy. As a Tech fan all the other boards seem delusional, people are actually objective over here

I'll never forget the day leading up to the 2015 Big 12 championship game.  It was ISU/KU at the Sprint Center, and Kansas City was predictably a fucking zoo.

We were hanging in the Power & Light district and this KU fan, who is probably in his late 40's and rocking a jersey is loudly yammering about how he hates playing ISU in the Big 12 tournament because we're just a bunch of classless drunks that invade his city.  And then of course my buddy got in his face and arguably proved the point, but seriously fuck that guy.

KU fans are great when you go to Lawrence for a football game.  Totally different attitude for basketball.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

They complained endlessly about the officiating in the game against us. Said that we weren't allowed to "restrict movement" and that our defense was illegal. They're insane. They have a lot of rational fans that try to curtail the nutjobs, but the nutjobs are too numerous.

I’m amazed at how everyone there at Phognet seems to want the offensive charge eliminated from the rules. Apparently they think an offensive player who passes the ball should be allowed to go ahead and plow through a set defender. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yeesh if Texas doesn’t get it figured out we’re gonna get a train run on us at tech or pretty much any road game. We’re fine at home doe. Hollaaa

That’s pretty much going to be everybody. You have to hold home court and find a way to win just a few games on the road. 

So Tech turns around and has a makeup game with Pokes tomorrow. Then regularly scheduled game on Saturday. Man, it's like punishment for getting sick in this league. Baylor showed the way last year, just wait so far into the season to "get COVID" that there isn't time... :) 

The team can fret about schedules and 4 tough games in a row.  They could handwring over stud players being out/ not 100%.

Or they can lace em up and kick ass and be a squad nobody wants to face in the tourney.

Got dam, it's just basketball and these guys are 20-22 years old.  I think they can make it...

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

So Tech turns around and has a makeup game with Pokes tomorrow. Then regularly scheduled game on Saturday. Man, it's like punishment for getting sick in this league. Baylor showed the way last year, just wait so far into the season to "get COVID" that there isn't time... :) 

A Thursday-Saturday turnaround is criminal. Someone should bring criminal charges. Where else in basketball would you ever see such a thing!?! Unheard of!

1 hour ago, slorch said:

The team can fret about schedules and 4 tough games in a row.  They could handwring over stud players being out/ not 100%.

Or they can lace em up and kick ass and be a squad nobody wants to face in the tourney.

Got dam, it's just basketball and these guys are 20-22 years old.  I think they can make it...

Fatigue isn't really the issue in college it's not having as many days/as much practice in between games that can bite you. 

19 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

A Thursday-Saturday turnaround is criminal. Someone should bring criminal charges. Where else in basketball would you ever see such a thing!?! Unheard of!

It's not Thursday-Saturday, it's Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday with two of those being top 10 teams. All thanks to Okie State bugchasers.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 1

Ok State played late at WVU Tuesday night. Then at 6 on Thursday in Lubbock. Then at Waco at 4 on Saturday.

Tech has an 11am tip against K State in Manhattan on Saturday With the one home game in between

But hell. They’re young. It’ll be a growing and bonding experience

1 hour ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Ok State played late at WVU Tuesday night. Then at 6 on Thursday in Lubbock. Then at Waco at 4 on Saturday.

Tech has an 11am tip against K State in Manhattan on Saturday With the one home game in between

But hell. They’re young. It’ll be a growing and bonding experience

Varsity Blues Time Of Their Lives GIF - Varsity Blues Time Of Their Lives  Enjoying - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

T-Rank projects TCU to go 6-12 (which I think is generous) and K-State to go 4-14 (which I also think is generous). 

I would be somewhat surprised if either of those teams win 6 games in conference. 

TCU isn't terrible though and there's going to be a ton of pressure for everyone else to go 4-0 against those teams. 

Weird thing about TCU is they actually have a decent roster. Miles, O'Bannon JR, Peavy, and Miller. There's some talent on that roster. 

I think TCU is one of those teams that is getting exposed due to the strength of the Big 12. They beat aggy earlier in the year (which doesn't say much) but if you swapped those teams my guess is TCU is a top 7 team in the SEC and aggy is the 9th or 10th best team in the Big 12. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Weird thing about TCU is they actually have a decent roster. Miles, O'Bannon JR, Peavy, and Miller. There's some talent on that roster. 

I think TCU is one of those teams that is getting exposed due to the strength of the Big 12. They beat aggy earlier in the year (which doesn't say much) but if you swapped those teams my guess is TCU is a top 7 team in the SEC and aggy is the 9th or 10th best team in the Big 12. 

I'm mainly talking shit because of affiliation. I can't believe SMU/TCU isn't a game this year. SMU is pretty spicy and featuring one of the best players in the country. Not sure what happened on the schedule (maybe they ducked us again because they're pussies).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm mainly talking shit because of affiliation. I can't believe SMU/TCU isn't a game this year. SMU is pretty spicy and featuring one of the best players in the country. Not sure what happened on the schedule (maybe they ducked us again because they're pussies).

I just heard last night (I think) that Tristan Clark, the Baylor big guy who blew out his knee and was supposedly retired from bball, is back in the game on the SMU squad. Best wishes to that guy, he was supposed to be a key part of the team that won the NC last year. Losing him is why Drew went to the small guard lineup that proved to be so successful. 

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I can't wait to see what this team is capable of once we get Shannon back. I think people tend to forget how good he is.

Call me crazy, but I think our overall offense has actually improved. I hope these guys can continue to step up when he’s back in the mix. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Call me crazy, but I think our overall offense has actually improved. I hope these guys can continue to step up when he’s back in the mix. 

It has improved dramatically lately and yes, it is a side effect of Shannon (and McCullar before the last 2 games) being out. It's not that he was hurting our offense, but before we lost him we were needlessly over-reliant on McCullar or Shannon to make something happen. Those guys going down forced the rest of the team to step up and start playing offense as a team, and they have done so brilliantly in my opinion. I firmly believe there's a really good chance that if neither of those guys got hurt, that we'd have started conference play 0-3.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It has improved dramatically lately and yes, it is a side effect of Shannon (and McCullar before the last 2 games) being out. It's not that he was hurting our offense, but before we lost him we were needlessly over-reliant on McCullar or Shannon to make something happen. Those guys going down forced the rest of the team to step up and start playing offense as a team, and they have done so brilliantly in my opinion. I firmly believe there's a really good chance that if neither of those guys got hurt, that we'd have started conference play 0-3.

100% agree with this take. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1