Texas BBQ

Washpark

On 9/24/2019 at 6:32 PM, Paco said:
On 9/24/2019 at 8:39 AM, Moby Ric said:
All the Kings Men in downtown Bryan is supposed to be good.  And then there is Good Bull on G Bush Drive too, but it is next door to the texags office so you might catch the aggys.

I'll eat just about anything, and after being in Maine for a few months I would kill or severely maime several of you for a even a half pound of Rudy's moist. But I will be damned to hell for six eternities before I step foot in a place called good bull. Have you no fucking shame?

Agreed. Good Bull? Screw that no way in hell..  Wouldn't care if it was 19000000x better than Franklins.

Wedding in Georgetown, TX this weekend.  From reading this thread*, it looks like Louis Mueller in Taylor would be the goto?  I went to Taylor Cafe a few years back.  

Me and the son in law will make an early Sat run and need to get back relatively quickly to join up the party in the early afternoon.  I don't think he has any central texas bbq experience so give me your thoughts on what would be a cool introduction.

* I realized after posting that I only read about three pages of this thread. 

Edited by tantric superman

8 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Wedding in Georgetown, TX this weekend.  From reading this thread*, it looks like Louis Mueller in Taylor would be the goto?  I went to Taylor Cafe a few years back.  

Me and the son in law will make an early Sat run and need to get back relatively quickly to join up the party in the early afternoon.  I don't think he has any central texas bbq experience so give me your thoughts on what would be a cool introduction.

No, his cousin does it better, Bill Miller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, tantric superman said:

*son in law and I

and as RMac said, snow’s is a little more of a drive but they open at 8am.  if getting back with time to spare is important that’s your best bet. 

51 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

One question -- assuming we get there relatively early, will there likely be some monumental line (asking more related to Snows)? 

If you're getting it to go, call on Thursday and place your order.

Pick it up around back and you'll just have time to give Tootsie a hug before you're ready to go.

10 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Perfect.  Thanks guys. 

One question -- assuming we get there relatively early, will there likely be some monumental line (asking more related to Snows)? 

if you don’t call in,

arrive by 7 and you should be sitting down eating by 830/845 and out of there by 915

aee8077d279d0f98560c766fb66d4090.jpg

Brotherton in Pville.

Brisket was good. Awesome crust. Not a smoke ring but not worried about that.

Ribs were ok. Almost candy sweet and not as tender or as big as Hutchins in McKinney.

Give it about 85. Pickles were 110% percent though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havent seen this place on this thread yet...SIAP

Austin's BBQ in Addison (no website)

Pretty fucking bad.  Must have sliced the brisket at 3 am, it was dry, grey and no flavor.  Ribs were some of the worst in history.  Fried okra was decent, pinto beans were a train wreck.  Oh yea, forgot the jalapeno sausage...forgot it because it was bad.  Only good news, prices.  3 meat plate with 2 sides for $13.  

• 2 weeks later...

Does a to go order have to be a certain amount? (Snows)
Would a decent order for two be worth calling in?
Your taking your son in law to Snow's for his first central Texas bbq experience. I guess if he hasn't ever gone to a professional baseball game, you would take him to the World Series.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Both Tacos said:
22 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

Does a to go order have to be a certain amount? (Snows)
Would a decent order for two be worth calling in?

Your taking your son in law to Snow's for his first central Texas bbq experience. I guess if he hasn't ever gone to a professional baseball game, you would take him to the World Series.

Gotta start em right.  Im proud to say my daughter’s first CTXBBQ experience was Franklin

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Good for them on the publicity. It's been a while since I've been, didn't know that they have been experimenting more.

This paragraph is cringe-inducing though:

Blood Bros BBQ is located in a strip mall in the Houston suburb of Bellaire. The location should come as no surprise: After years of the so-called Great Inversion—in which affluent professionals flocked back to city centers, leaving the suburbs to recently arrived immigrants—we should all be accustomed to finding the most exciting developments in food happening amid pawnshops and nail salons and urgent care centers.

I guess Bellaire was considered a suburb....in 1950. The whole premise of the article is a little weird. There is in fact a ton of very interesting food stuff happening in the Houston 'burbs....but Blood Bros ain't it.