Texas BBQ

Washpark

What’s the line like at Leroy and Lewis? Would be a Wednesday lunch option if that matters.

Zero. I only get to go on fridays and get there around 11:15-11:30 and I have never waited in a line (been 3 times). Go into the coffee shop first and procure your beverage of choice first, then head to their trailer.

28 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

If you are in Pleasanton, might as well drive to 2M. If you are in Three Rivers, might as well go to Butter’s in Mathis (haven’t been but heard good things).

Unfortunately both are closed today. :( We're late on our site visits anyway. Want to get home before 9 tonight.Another time.

In the middle of pig sandwich country, you can't just drive past a place named "Texas Pit BBQ" and not stop to give it a try.

Bark was definitely on the thinner side, but the owner was clearly from Texas. High quality meat, and the brisket was tender and moist through and through.

Not gonna beat top of the line Hill Country joints, but it's hell and gone better than anything in Brazos County.

I forgot to take pictures until we were packing up leftovers. I had sliced brisket & sausage; wife and boy had chopped brisket sammiches. They don't put sauce on anything, which freaks out the locals, but they have a variety of sauces on the table.

20191110_113626.jpg

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

In the middle of pig sandwich country, you can't just drive past a place named "Texas Pit BBQ" and not stop to give it a try.

Bark was definitely on the thinner side, but the owner was clearly from Texas. High quality meat, and the brisket was tender and moist through and through.

Not gonna beat top of the line Hill Country joints, but it's hell and gone better than anything in Brazos County.

I forgot to take pictures until we were packing up leftovers. I had sliced brisket & sausage; wife and boy had chopped brisket sammiches. They don't put sauce on anything, which freaks out the locals, but they have a variety of sauces on the table.

20191110_113626.jpg

This is in North Carolina?  https://www.yelp.com/biz/texas-pit-bbq-angier

2 stars

Poor service.  Drove 20 miles home to find no sauce that was assured to be in the bag at checkout.  So there we were, $60 worth of BBQ with no sauce.  The meat was pretty good, but sauce is a must in our house.  I should have checked the bag after the young lady that was taking my order seemed confused as to how to put the order in.

idiots.

• Haha 1

Stopped at Pinkerton's yesterday afternoon and was satisfied.

Brikset 8/10 - supremely tender but I'd have liked a biiiiit more kick with the rub/pepper.

Ribs 9/10 - Both the dry and glazed/candy paint were phenomenal. Falling off the bone.

I never hold the sides against a bbq spot, but I will give credit to them.... the mac & cheese was great.

13 hours ago, RMac5 said:

Ate at Guess today in Waco, it’s usually one of my favorites but today it was very bleh! Not sure if they are having growing pains or what but today’s food was not very good.

I'm going to let them get the kinks out before I give the brick and mortar a try.  I stopped by the trailer shortly after Christmas last year and the food was legit, but they were only cooking a few briskets a day.  

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I'm going to let them get the kinks out before I give the brick and mortar a try.  I stopped by the trailer shortly after Christmas last year and the food was legit, but they were only cooking a few briskets a day.  

going to be in Waco for the Texas/Baylor game in a few weeks, where should I go?

Guess? Honky Tonk Kid? Helberg?

Damn. New Zion Church bbq in Huntsville closed. So many memories from back in the day. During college I worked at the liquor store next door and the pit masters would come over each day and grab a soda and a scratch ticket. He always smelled like delicious bbq which would cause me to go get a sammich there. They would do family style and let me tell you, 5-6 hungover college kids can put down some Q.

R I P

https://www.itemonline.com/news/local_news/church-s-bbq-closes-shop-after-years-of-serving-the/article_f184e416-d502-561c-8b5b-9ca09c888212.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Southside BBQ last night Bastrop was not bad. Brisket and sausage were better than chain places and a notch below the name places. Would eat there again before a hs football game. Nice restaurant too 
Get the pork steak next time, and a couple more to go.

Damn. New Zion Church bbq in Huntsville closed. So many memories from back in the day. During college I worked at the liquor store next door and the pit masters would come over each day and grab a soda and a scratch ticket. He always smelled like delicious bbq which would cause me to go get a sammich there. They would do family style and let me tell you, 5-6 hungover college kids can put down some Q.

R I P

https://www.itemonline.com/news/local_news/church-s-bbq-closes-shop-after-years-of-serving-the/article_f184e416-d502-561c-8b5b-9ca09c888212.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goddamn. That makes me wanna cry. One of the last of its kind - old school, small town, served by and for the community. It’s a national treasure.