Texas BBQ

Washpark

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

I don't advocate saucing brisket, but I'd have chopped all of that, doused it in gallon of sauce, and put it on a white bread hamburger bun with some jalapenos and onions.

There wasn't enough bbq sauce in the state of Texas to save this meat. My dog didn't complain though...

• Like 1

Stopped back at Evie Mae's on the way back from Santa Fe today.  They were serving drive-thru out of their trailer in the back and still had the dine-in open.  Tomorrow, they are only doing drive through, though.

Pound of brisket, 1/2 rack pork ribs, 1/2# turkey, pinto beans, jalapeno cheese cornbread, green beans, and peanut butter pie.  Everything was great.  I focused on ribs today, because I ate their brisket on Saturday and for breakfast every morning in Santa Fe.  Brought home about 3/4# to help get through the apocalypse. 

IMHO, Evie Mae's is not just the best barbecue in West Texas/Panhandle, it is legit Top 10 in Texas. It's my wife's second favorite behind Micklethwait.  f you're near Lubbock at lunch time, make it a point to try Evie Mae's.

• Like 1

Stanley's closing for at least 2 weeks.  Nick and Jen are friends, their kids go to school with ours.  They are super generous, and they truly care about the community.  They were offering curbside well before it was mandated; they shut down live music a week before.  They have been ahead of this thing before others were paying attention.  I had a curbside pickup scheduled for 11:30 a.m. and got the call that they were closing down to ride this out.  This video hurts.  But its the right thing.  And I will do what I can to support the shit out of their restaurants (Roast closed earlier this week) when they reopen.

Edited by dcbc

Finally got to try Franklin’s yesterday. I typically go to la Barbecue every couple of weeks but decided to try ordering online right when they opened it at 10:30. Got a 12:15 pick up, went pretty smooth. As much as I love la Barbecue I’m probably gonna have to place another order this week.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:37 PM, dcbc said:

Stanley's closing for at least 2 weeks.  Nick and Jen are friends, their kids go to school with ours.  They are super generous, and they truly care about the community.  They were offering curbside well before it was mandated; they shut down live music a week before.  They have been ahead of this thing before others were paying attention.  I had a curbside pickup scheduled for 11:30 a.m. and got the call that they were closing down to ride this out.  This video hurts.  But its the right thing.  And I will do what I can to support the shit out of their restaurants (Roast closed earlier this week) when they reopen.

they are good people based on some common folks we know as well.

sorry they are having to do this 

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

Grabbed some takeout brisket and sausage from Liberty Barbecue in Round Rock today - great as always.

Between Liberty in Round Rock and his sister shop Brotherton's Black Iron Barbecue in Pflugerville, John Brotherton's crew gave out 600 free meals yesterday to home bound seniors and hospital staff. 

Never have I been more happy to spend money with local, caring businesses!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

Great video.  Never been but his food looks incredible and I would eat the shit out of it.

I do find it funny so many BBQ purists are all anti-sauce...gotta let the meat stand on its own, shouldn't need sauce if it's cooked right, fuck sauce, yada, yada, yada.  But add Mexican food and then it's just elevated.  Lulz

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Great video.  Never been but his food looks incredible and I would eat the shit out of it.

I do find it funny so many BBQ purists are all anti-sauce...gotta let the meat stand on its own, shouldn't need sauce if it's cooked right, fuck sauce, yada, yada, yada.  But add Mexican food and then it's just elevated.  Lulz

Valentinas is incredible. wish i lived anywhere actually close to them

On 3/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, hornfan785 said:

That video is badass.  I played football and baseball against Miguel in high school, and still stay in contact with him on social media.  He was extremely hard to bring down on the football field, and won more of our individual head to heads than I'd like to admit. /csb

Edited by Homesickhorn
The Real Deal Holyfield will make your balls tingle.

5 hours ago, mdleast said:

Grant Pinkerton is the guest on the latest episode of The Andy Staples Show podcast (normally about college football).

I got Pinkerton’s delivered yesterday via DoorDash and had the smoked chicken wings with gold sauce and chopped brisket sammich...tasty to quite tasty! Good listen on the podcast to how he’s revamped his restaurant to adapt to the times. Hook’em!