Texas BBQ

Washpark

6 minutes ago, TPCJ007 said:

Frito pie sausage? That's crazy. How is it?

Awesome.  Here is a pic from their Facebook page.  Tastes like a Frito Pie.  The pic in my post above is the Jalapeño popper sausage — cheese, jalapeño, ground bacon

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 9:42 PM, Okie State said:
On 5/13/2020 at 4:17 PM, Iceman said:
Not sure why I struggle so strenuously over the Ekrich/ Hillshire Farms type links at an alleged legit 'Cue House.
Why the fuck can't everyone, at least in Texas; make great sausage like this?
kreuz-original-sausage-01-1.jpg

Sausage sucks at most places it seems like. The good stuff is really damn good though.

A lot of sausage today seems too lean 

• Like 3

not your best effort. 

It really wasn’t.

But seriously, if anyone has links to articles that points to the origins of cheese in sausage in Texas, I would be like to read them. Whether it’s purist or not, isn’t the confluence of cultures what makes Texas BBQ the greatest bbq in the world?

Bottom line is I just go to the BBQ joints I like and order the food I enjoy.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

It really wasn’t.

But seriously, if anyone has links to articles that points to the origins of cheese in sausage in Texas, I would be like to read them. Whether it’s purist or not, isn’t the confluence of cultures what makes Texas BBQ the greatest bbq in the world?

Bottom line is I just go to the BBQ joints I like and order the food I enjoy.

I agree with everything you said.  I have tried many a sausage with cheese in it, but have yet to find one that has caused me to change my preference.  Cheese tends to dominate the flavor profile, and I don't like what it does to the texture. 

• Like 3

Cooper’s Katy - not my choice - the ‘meat’ on the pit looked boiled. I went with the chopped beef sandwich. I’m pretty sure it went straight from a tub into the steam table. The jalapeño was very good. Pickles were from a 5 gallon plastic bucket. the tea even sucked 

avoid this place like la Rona 

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Just noticed that Franklin brisket is up to $35 per pound.

Just did a quick check around Austin (Interstellar, Terry Blacks, Stiles,La Barbeque).  All have gone up — generally $26-27 per lb

Edited by AustinMT

1 hour ago, AustinMT said:

Just did a quick check around Austin (Interstellar, Terry Blacks, Stiles,La Barbeque).  All have gone up — generally $26-27 per lb

Not surprised at all.  Actually took Franklin longer than I thought it would, but I suppose they had a little cushion at $27.50.  I'd finally convinced myself to get a couple pounds from Franklin and then it went up another $7.50 / pound.  I don't think I can do it.

hmm, 5 mins from my house. i need to try that place 

He has served out of a few places (or had his truck parked at a few bars). I have had his bbq at least 5 times and it never disappointed. I hated to see him close down his truck.

He was the one that had the donut bbq sandwich, which was good but something I probably would only get once a year.

We had to postpone our spring charity Rib Cook-Off -- yet hope to have it this fall instead. In the meantime, we've combined all of the raffle items into one BBQ package and it's up for grabs today. The package includes a Traeger Grill, Yeti Haul and so on. Package is worth $1,750. Tickets are $25, discount if you buy in bulk. Drawing is online this afternoon at 5. You have 90 mins to buy tickets here: https://go.rallyup.com/tdcbbqrafflepack?fbclid=IwAR3PDwxeDq5AKUOzXSFFnRuhZnDqmO0I26XiYbp-yx69BBcvXZLDiEOld4g

We will ship this shit anywhere necessary. All proceeds we make as a club (TDC Dallas) in all of our events go towards funding the Ashford Rise School of Dallas.

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I posted about them up thread. What did you get? I thought the brisket was good. Sausage was average.

Daily special of loaded fries. Base fries with pulled pork brisket and bacon with cheese up top.  Was impressed with both meats and will go back and do a traditional combo plate.  Beef ribs on Fridays

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Picked up Interstellar today based on recommendations in this thread. Brisket was really good, as was the turkey, beans and Mac and cheese. Sausage was alright, as were the slaw, and potato salad.. Will definitely be back.

Which sausage did you get?

Next time, be sure to get the smoked scalloped potatoes.  Ribs are pretty solid as well.