Texas BBQ

Washpark

I see no problem at all with red onions and pickles with a chopped beef sandwich. 

In my not so humble opinion, pickled red onions are the superior choice when it comes to bbq. Them and a hood house pickle go a long way.

That is the only fault when it comes to Leroy and Lewis, I wish they would offer onions (and preferably pickled red onion).
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 11:18 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

CDC would tweet Bill Miller’s was the best BBQ in Austin if they became an official corporate sponsor of UT Athletics. 

He should learn how to spell "Franklin" before he crows about it being one of his favorites.

I had to run up towards Calvert today and was faced with the choice of trying a bbq spot called Twisted Six or hitting up the Double Dave’s trailer in Hearne. I went for the bbq and I don’t know if I made the right choice. 

Honestly it was better than it looks. I had never had bbq served to me on meat styrofoam packaging before. I didn’t want a two meat plate as I didn’t want sides, so I was forced to order 1/2 of sausage. Way too much and I hate when places don’t let you just get a link. The sausage was average and the brisket wasn’t any better than Rudy’s.  Seemed to be a favorite joint for local and county law dogs.  So that says something (to me at least). Will not be back. 

spacer.png

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

As I’m sitting in Delmar stadium parking lot, has anyone tried ‘Beefy Cheeks’ ?

Yes.  It is pretty good.   The OG is their bell cow. 

You are right by my warehouse.  If you come by look for the red laser dot.  You'll know you're in range.

Edited by deadshank

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

no, but ill stop  by sooner or later. i like the menu

I live in area and place is now a staple in lunch rotation, maybe every 2 weeks.  With that said, it's not fantastic.  Just good.  Also convenient with drive-thru.

So no one should drive long distance for it.  truth and pinkerton's much better but this is far more convenient and half the price.  So value is there

7 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

I live in area and place is now a staple in lunch rotation, maybe every 2 weeks.  With that said, it's not fantastic.  Just good.  Also convenient with drive-thru.

So no one should drive long distance for it.  truth and pinkerton's much better but this is far more convenient and half the price.  So value is there

I would agree with this post.  SC is not really a bbq joint like pinkertons or truth    It’s a drive thu in an old Checkers location that serves smoked meat tacos.  

They did have ribs the other day but I’ve tried eating ribs behind the wheel of my truck on a road trip.   It’s not the best way to do it. 

SC is a good option, especially for Mangum and 290.  The nearest Culinary Institute of America is at least 2500 miles away.  

I had to run up towards Calvert today and was faced with the choice of trying a bbq spot called Twisted Six or hitting up the Double Dave’s trailer in Hearne. I went for the bbq and I don’t know if I made the right choice. 

Honestly it was better than it looks. I had never had bbq served to me on meat styrofoam packaging before. I didn’t want a two meat plate as I didn’t want sides, so I was forced to order 1/2 of sausage. Way too much and I hate when places don’t let you just get a link. The sausage was average and the brisket wasn’t any better than Rudy’s.  Seemed to be a favorite joint for local and county law dogs.  So that says something (to me at least). Will not be back. 

TdcOJyLr_o.jpeg

next trip up that way hit up Blue Moon in Hearne. it’ll cure a bbq itch...

confession : I've never had a torta in my life, it just wasn't a thing in South Texas until recently I guess  

Chapultepec lupita on Richmond makes my favorite. That was my 2am food in college. It’s a normal fajita torta. Not one of the ones with all sorts of crazy shit in it.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:41 PM, tx 3 putt said:

As I’m sitting in Delmar stadium parking lot, has anyone tried ‘Beefy Cheeks’ ?

She was at PT's here in SA two weeks ago.

When she sits around the stage she sits A-R-O-U-N-D the stage!

...I'll show myself out...