Texas BBQ

Washpark

5 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I decided to drop in and give Pinkerton’s another shot after my previous 3 visits were not good. I got my usual.  This time, like most of my visits over the last few years, was excellent.  And one of the gals working there was also quite easy on the eyes. So redemption for Pinkerton’s, but I think Truth is better. Better brisket and better sausage. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

that brisket looks PERFECT !

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

CDC would tweet Bill Miller’s was the best BBQ in Austin if they became an official corporate sponsor of UT Athletics. 

this might not be the right place for this (i dont care) bill miller's carne guisada tacos are better than what's served in 90% mexican restaurants. get them with cheese and ask for extra salsa (their salas is great)

come at me !!!!

Edited by tx 3 putt

this might not be the right place for this (i dont care) bill miller's carne guisada tacos are better than what's served in 90% mexican restaurants. get them with cheese and ask for extra salsa (their salas is great)

come at me !!!!
When the best food at a barbecue joint is carne guisada tacos and fried chicken, its not a barbecue joint.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Salt Lick in Driftwood is not good. I've gotten sick after eating there each and every time. It's a cool location/ambience. You can bring large groups out there and roll out a keg. All of that is great, but it doesn't make up for the food. The only people eating at the Salt Lick should be misguided tourists. 

If I ever get dragged out there again with out towners, I'm going to hope it's a Sunday so I order the prime rib. 

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Salt Lick in Driftwood is not good. I've gotten sick after eating there each and every time. It's a cool location/ambience. You can bring large groups out there and roll out a keg. All of that is great, but it doesn't make up for the food. The only people eating at the Salt Lick should be misguided tourists. 

If I ever get dragged out there again with out towners, I'm going to hope it's a Sunday so I order the prime rib. 

the chopped brisket sandwich isn’t bad if you smother it in the sauce. 

On 2/14/2021 at 12:19 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

I decided to drop in and give Pinkerton’s another shot after my previous 3 visits were not good. I got my usual.  This time, like most of my visits over the last few years, was excellent.  And one of the gals working there was also quite easy on the eyes. So redemption for Pinkerton’s, but I think Truth is better. Better brisket and better sausage. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I would have sex with that.  The brisket.  I think...

On 2/18/2021 at 1:15 AM, tx 3 putt said:

come at me !!!!

Their breakfast tacos are great, too. 

• Like 1

daniel vaughn blew this place up last week on Instagram. it looked great 

goddammit, Daniel...giving the goods up on my spot.

it sucks...y’all stay the fuck away. nothing to see here at all. worst food in the history of ever. we have a Dickey’s though that i’m sure y’all will find just dandy. go there.

headed to Helberg for lunch today while making a milk run to a local dairy. i’ll report back.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

goddammit, Daniel...giving the goods up on my spot.

it sucks...y’all stay the fuck away. nothing to see here at all. worst food in the history of ever. we have a Dickey’s though that i’m sure y’all will find just dandy. go there.

headed to Helberg for lunch today while making a milk run to a local dairy. i’ll report back.

Grab me some milk while you’re out.  

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

whoa, had no idea people actually went to brisket house. how is that place ?

Really good sausage(no homo). Brisket good enough it doesn’t need sauce. Pretty solid ribs and chicken. Excellent cream corn and green beans. 

Their pit is inside, so you will reek afterwards. 

out of sheer desperation and other unfortunate circumstance, my deer camp compatriot and I stopped at Oakridge Smokehouse in Schulenberg.  

Hey, Zeus H Christo!  That place is the worst low-grade dog food.  

Red onion and B&B pickles on a chopped “beef” sauce laden future gut cramp. 

The place is so bad the bagged chips were awful.  

I’m gonna go back and burn the joint to the ground. 

EDC9E584-16CA-4CAF-8223-11FC3F654C26.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

out of sheer desperation and other unfortunate circumstance, my deer camp compatriot and I stopped at Oakridge Smokehouse in Schulenberg.  

I’ve probably been to Schulenberg a hundred times over the past 20 years and I’ve never had the desire to eat BBQ there.

30 minutes ago, luke duke said:

I’ve probably been to Schulenberg a hundred times over the past 20 years and I’ve never had the desire to eat BBQ there.

don't even stop and get gas or use the bathroom schulenberg. all their gas stations suck. the bathrooms are always dirty 

the shell at the weimer exit >>>> Los Jarritos Mexican Food. damn good tacos. stopped there once around lunch and noticed the line out the door, my spidey senses went off. did not disappoint. the valero and mcd's across the street are solid too

Edited by tx 3 putt

EDC9E584-16CA-4CAF-8223-11FC3F654C26.thumb.jpeg.d201d57e7df5081afc7a477ab3dcbc5c.jpeg

Any place that screws up a chopped beef sammich deserves to be torched for sure. I don’t think Dickey’s looks that bad.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

don't even stop and get gas or use the bathroom schulenberg. all their gas stations suck. the bathrooms are always dirty 

the shell at the weimer exit >>>> Los Jarritos Mexican Food. damn good tacos. stopped there once around lunch and noticed the line out the door, my spidey senses went off. did not disappoint. the valero and mcd's across the street are solid too

The Kountry Bakery has good Czech style kolaches