Texas BBQ

Washpark

If you're ever going through Amarillo, as nobody is ever going TO Amarillo;  give Tyler's a try.  Legit freaking brisket and ribs.   Wish the sausage was a little more Cen-Tex-y.  I stop by and get an order of brisket about every other week, but have been going every week since they have stayed open during the plague.  Good folks.  Great 'Cue.

tyler-s-barbecue.jpg348s.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by Interstellar today. Didn’t post pics because it looks like the other Interstellar posts I’ve done.  It was great, as always.  I did finally try the “frito pie” sausage today.  I won’t skip that again

Edited by AustinMT
  • Like 1

Just placed an order for Tejas. For those who are regulars, how efficient is this process? Is the pick up time pretty close?

I haven’t done pick up on a Saturday, but during the week they are pretty efficient. You should get a text saying it is ready with an order number. I always do the pick up inside rather than curbside. Once you go in and give them your order number you should have your food within 5 minutes.
  • Like 1

I haven’t done pick up on a Saturday, but during the week they are pretty efficient. You should get a text saying it is ready with an order number. I always do the pick up inside rather than curbside. Once you go in and give them your order number you should have your food within 5 minutes.
Awesome. I did pick up inside. Hope to find a table there to eat since we don't live close. At least the weather is perfect.

Awesome. I did pick up inside. Hope to find a table there to eat since we don't live close. At least the weather is perfect.

Last time I went, the owner told me my buddy and I could eat at the picnic out in front of the main restaurant (the pick up was in their deli around the corner, not sure if that’s changed since the re-opening of businesses). Also, there are some tables here that I would at when picking up burgers from their burger place:

Dropped pin
Near Tomball, TX
https://goo.gl/maps/5WLS2oMGuqjMpp5dA
  • Like 1

From Hays County BBQ Twitter replying to Daniel Vaughn's question about the price of brisket:

"The projected price per pound is $6.00 this coming week.The only thing being slaughtered is our meat order (pun intended).. compiled of different packers even Swift a (Canadian packer).We were not able to order pork butt, pork loin and received limited cases of pork ribs."

Not looking good for Texas barbecue joints.

3 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

From Hays County BBQ Twitter replying to Daniel Vaughn's question about the price of brisket:

"The projected price per pound is $6.00 this coming week.The only thing being slaughtered is our meat order (pun intended).. compiled of different packers even Swift a (Canadian packer).We were not able to order pork butt, pork loin and received limited cases of pork ribs."

Not looking good for Texas barbecue joints.

Yeah, I keep getting ads on my TV from the beef council offering alternatives to beef. That can't be good. 

I don’t have a problem with Rudy’s.  I can get it in Amarillo, however.

would love to try Mueller’s or Franklin. Not sure how hard it is to get in and out of those places in current environment 

Edited by Iceman